WINNER: BEST LITERARY FICTION WATTYS 2019
Now listed as an Editor's Choice!
Stella Ducalé's life has been...unconventional, to say the least. Her parents are constantly moving because of their jobs. But she doesn't mind, since she's part of the family business too. And she's good at her job, one of the best in the world. Not that there are very many assassins out there, but still.
She wouldn't change a thing; she keeps her life under control and stays disciplined, at least until a series of events leaves her questioning absolutely everything. Can she pick up the pieces and move forward? Or will things change for good?
- Chapter One: Target Practice
- Chapter Two: Halloween
- Chapter Three: the Family Business
- Chapter Four: Truth or Dare
- Chapter Five: New Years Eve
- Chapter Six: Sam
- Chapter Seven: Portugal
- Chapter Eight: Aftershock
- Chapter Nine: Perspective
- Chapter Ten: Turning Point
- Chapter Eleven: Seattle
- Chapter Twelve: Answers
- Chapter Thirteen: Crash and Burn
- Chapter Fourteen: Jack
- Chapter Fifteen: Pandora's Box
- Chapter Sixteen: Better Left Unsaid
- Chapter Seventeen: The Waiting Game
- Chapter Eighteen: Sitting Ducks
- Chapter Nineteen: Bad Faith