Gaby's recently split from her boyfriend of ten years and needs to escape fast. Where better than the Highlands of Scotland where she can lick her wounds and recover in peace and quiet?
Fate has different ideas in mind. First, there's the rough and ready Jack McAllan who bears more than a passing resemblance to the fabled Jamie Fraser of Outlander fame. He's an important part of the local community, even if he's failed to impress Gaby so far. Who knew a guy could be so rude and taciturn?
Then, there's the mystery of the woman whose home she now inhabits. Kirsty's left too many tantalising clues for Gaby to resist. Why did Kirsty run, and does it have anything to do with the red-haired Scot who keeps turning up in Gaby's daydreams much as she tries to resist...
Featuring kilts, mist-cloaked hills, lochs where the water runs deep and a little too much whisky, Highland Fling is a fun-filled romp through Scottish village life, finding love, making a fool of yourself and discovering that an overactive imagination leads you into all kinds of trouble...
- List of characters
- The Cat Sitter
- No Gentleman
- Three's a Disappointment
- Disappointing the Doctor
- The Dating Guru
- Helium Balloons and Hiccoughs
- Black Market Skin Creams and Holding Back Opinions
- 50 Shades of Scarlet
- Sam Heughan's Cousin and Aperol Spritzers
- The Pity Party for One
- Boyfriend Hunter and Wardrobe Malfunctions
- You Lost Him at Hello...
- Biting off More Than You Can Chew
- Tantrums, Tears and Outrageous Plans
- They Deserve Each Other
- Castles, Commitment Phobes and Cute Cats
- Disobedient Flutterings
- Go forth and conquer, girlfriend
- We're Meant to be Together
- The Happiest Guy in the World
- Too Much Cake and Hammer Accidents
- Pluck Him From Her Grasp...
- Make-up so Good You Won't Want to Cover Up
- Do You Like Me, Gaby?
- The Grateful Thanks Bit
- Highland Fling - what next?