My story from October 2018 and one year ahead. Both volume 1 and 2 are for:
1. my community of supporters that keep me going. (THANK YOU!) who wonder "Why is it taking so long to get an album done?" I continue to explain just how complicated music creation/mixing/etc is and how many other things an indie musician has to think about in order to get their music "out there" in a professional way. And in Vol 2 I continue with that
2. For indie musicians and producers who are just getting started making their music and would like to follow someone else's endeavours in the same area.
This is the continuation of the process of creating my debut album, Change My Mind. In Volume 1, you got to follow my path from when I was about to go to my adult life's first audition in Nashville to the point of learning the tools of the trade in order to transform the demo album into a commercial one. After 100 written (not all yet published) chapters, the book started to be difficult to navigate so I started Volume 2. (one book for each year!)
In this ebook, I share the continuation of my up and down experience in the creative process, and share links to great content that help me understand my craft and that provide inspiration for other indie musicians.
We start off where Vol.1 stopped:
By October 5th, 2018, I had only two songs approved for mastering my a studio in Australia with 10 to go. At the time I was waiting for some final changes to the song Just How Good from Sonic Media (according to the mastering studio's specifications and my own requests) and I was continuing work on the song The Vine, adjusting delay and automation levels.
I wanted to release the album in February of 2019 but life happens. Follow me and see the creative music making process in detail. It's my diary.
- Intro/Before an Album Release
- Album Cover Art Tips
- Doing Music Faster & Celebrating The Small Wins
- Paying the Bills W/O Selling Out
- Preparing for Collecting Royalties
- The Fear of Bouncing a Wav
- Some Growth Tips on Instagram
- Mixing Backwards is Key
- Fixing "The Vine" Clutter & Effective Static Mixing
- Submitting Your New Track to Playlist Gurus
- Get Heard on Songtrader
- 1/3 of the Album Ready for Mastering! & Music Promotion Machine
- Getting Heard Using Testing & Secondary Advantage
- Believing in Yourself
- Backups & MEGA
- Slowing Down on Wattpad etc.
- Jan 2nd, Social Media Stats/A Plan for 2019 & History (of my Music so far)
- Promo with Gateways (ex.: Hypeddit.com)
- Wavve & Buffer
- Free Backgrounds for Projected Presentations
- About Templates & CromaVerb Rooms in Logic Pro
- Free Pix and Vids for Music Videos
- How I Do Basic Drum Programming
- The Rush to Release (April 8, 2019)
- Getting a Static Mix Right
- 1M plays on Spotify?
- Instagram Testing
- Instagram is growing! (slowly)
- Free & Powerful Spotify Promotion Tools!*
- Instagram/FB Ads
- A Patch After Summer Vacation
- Five Songs to go!
- "Is it Really Worth it?" & The Hope That Keeps Me Going
- Vocal Compression & Gain Staging AGAIN!
- Mastering My Own Tracks; Pensado Tips & The 24 Track Rule
- Grrr....The music industry!
- Mixing Inspiration from Shawn Everett
- Confidence is Key
- Rob Mayzes and His Amazing Free Training
- Change My Mind Book Tips
- The Sad Truth About Making Music
- How to Wrap Up The Change My Mind Project
- Dissing Missed Deadlines + A Genius Preset for Loudness (While Mastering)
- October 28, 2019: Planning Releases
- Dec 2nd, 2019 My first Press Release
- Mastering Stress
- First Single Mastered as I Sleep & Graphics for the Promo
- Uploading The Change My Mind Album
- Last Minute Hustle and Bustle