Charlie Hill was a perfectly normal sixteen year old boy - if you consider being in the closet and dealing with crippling social anxiety 'normal' - until he managed to stop a bullet with his bare hands. Confused and afraid, Charlie struggles to gain control of his newfound abilities and, as a result, he is sent to Merlinian Preparatory School - the leading institution for the tuition of young sorcerers.
Now, instead of learning Math and English, Charlie has to learn to control his unruly magic, all the while dealing with students who think he doesn't belong there and trying to hide his unwanted feelings for a particularly attractive fellow sorcerer that threaten to make him even more of an outcast than he already is.
Magic, as it turns out, isn't as much fun as it seems.
1st Place in The Blue Rose Awards: Teen Fiction - July 2019
2nd Place in The Creative Minds Awards 2018: Teen Fiction
#1/82 in Sorcerer - 27th July 2019
#14/1.9K in Magician - 19th August 2019
#52/7.3k in Spells - 19th August 2019
- Chapter 1 - How I Dodged A Bullet
- Chapter 2 - Jazz Hands
- Chapter 3 - Roses Are Red
- Chapter 4 - Witchcraft For Dummies
- Chapter 5 - Power Overflowing
- Chapter 6 - Harvey
- Chapter 7 - I Have Some Conditions
- Chapter 8 - Magiphysiology
- Chapter 9 - Focus
- Chapter 10 - You're Kidding Me, Right?!
- Chapter 11 - Eight Out Of Ten
- Chapter 12 - Walk In The Woods
- Chapter 13 - Five Thousand Years?!
- Chapter 14 - Merlinian Preparatory School
- Chapter 15 - Not So Cute And Fluffy
- Chapter 16 - Spelling and Entering
- Chapter 17 - Welcome to MerPrep
- Chapter 18 - Disillusioned
- Chapter 19 - Magic Show
- Chapter 20 - Lakeshore
- Chapter 21 - It'll Be Fun!
- Chapter 22 - I'll Lay You Out Before You Can Lift A Finger
- Chapter 23 - Ryo
- Chapter 24 - Screwing Things Up
- Chapter 25 - I Really Hate My Own Brain Sometimes
- Chapter 26 - Home
- Chapter 27 - Vazaria Seeds
- Chapter 28 - The Tower
- Chapter 29 - Vive La Révolution
- Chapter 30 - The Clash
- Chapter 31 - Olivia VS Kevin
- Chapter 32 - Charlie VS Adalrik