How to read Body Language?
Do you know Human Communication is 20%-verbal and 80%-Non-Verbal(i.e. through body language)?
"Body language is the unconscious and conscious transmission and interpretation of feelings, attitudes, and moods, through:
• body posture, movement, physical state, position and relationship to other bodies, objects and surroundings,
• facial expression and eye movement,
(and this transmission and interpretation can be quite different to the spoken words)."
Words alone - especially emotional words (or words used in emotional situations) - rarely reflect full or true meaning and motive.
We find clues to additional or true meaning in body language.
Body language goes both ways:
• Your own body language reveals your feelings and meanings to others.
• Other people's body language reveals their feelings and meanings to you.
The sending and receiving of body language signals happens on conscious and unconscious levels.
Being able to 'read' body language therefore helps us greatly:
• to know how people feel and what they mean, and
• to understand better how people might be perceiving our own non-verbal signals, and (often overlooked)
• to understand ourselves better, deeper than the words we hear ourselves saying
So, Do you want to learn this art?
Body language is not an exact science.
No single body language sign is a reliable indicator.
Understanding body language involves the interpretation of several consistent signals to support or indicate a particular conclusion.