"I did not choose to become this way. This corrupted, innocent body. Who in their right mind would willingly choose this life?"
Max is just one of thousands of unwilling cyborgs sent home after the interstellar war. With the threat of recycling haunting her every move, she can't even touch the only bright spot in her life: strong, handsome Ethan. Love means nothing to a cyborg - they're not even human. The robotics makes them incapable of love. They can not marry. They cannot raise children.
So why does Max's heart race when she meets Ethan again on the long journey home? Why does his forbidden touch feel so good, and set her blood burning? And why are so many cyborgs recycled when they are otherwise healthy and able to perform their work?
With the strange alien Authorities watching every move, Max uncovers a conspiracy bigger than the war than enslaved her in the first place. To find an escape from the horrific nightmare that her transport spaceship home has become, Max must race to find the answers and save the people she cares about, before her world and everything she knows is lost to darkness.
The Edge of Darkness was first published in 2011 and is available in complete e-book form and paperback on both Smashwords and Amazon. If you'd like to get in touch, or to find out more information, please stop by my blog: www.lissawrites.wordpress.com.
- Chapter One: Awakening (Part I)
- Chapter One: Awakening (Part II)
- Chapter Two: Home
- Chapter Three: The Eden (Part I)
- Chapter Three: The Eden (Part II)
- Chapter Four: The Gathering (Part I)
- Chapter Four: The Gathering (Part II)
- Chapter Five: Trapped (Part I)
- Chapter Five: Trapped (Part II)
- Chapter Six: Consequences (Part I)
- Chapter Six: Consequences (Part II)
- Chapter Seven: The Discovery (Part I)
- Chapter Seven: The Discovery (Part II)
- Chapter Eight: Mutiny (Part I)
- Chapter Eight: Mutiny (Part II)
- Chapter Nine: Negotiations
- Chapter Ten: The Black Hole
- Chapter Eleven: Carpe Diem (Part I)
- Chapter Eleven: Carpe Diem (Part II)
- Chapter Twelve: Questions
- Chapter Thirteen: Return to Earth