[Winner of 'Best Mature' in The Fiction Awards 2018]
[#1 in Romance, May 26th, 2018]
WARNING: Sexual content. Adults only.
"I'm sorry, have we met before?" I blurted out, bewildered in my tone.
His eyebrows arched before a condescending chuckle slipped out of his mouth. A look of sardonic amusement etched through his riveting features.
"Honestly, you're interrupting our conversation, and you couldn't be more original than that, Miss? At least you could have compensated with a better chat-up line. I'm disappointed. And like I said, we're not interested, so move along, would you?"
Bewitched by the sound of his comfortable voice, it took me a few seconds to process the content. Once I did, I frowned offended.
His friend groaned and shook his head beside me, clearly despaired by his companion. Could they be gay partners?
"I beg your pardon? I was being serious, you utter twat," I snapped back at him.
His eyebrows furrowed while his arresting eyes, twice, travelled up and down my body, and when they returned to mine, a crooked smile crept across his tempting mouth. From the way they had devoured my body, I eliminated the option of him being homosexual. Only a straight man could regard me with such a gleam in his eye.
"Perhaps we've slept together. But if we have, you surely weren't worth remembering," he finally answered. My lips parted with my eventual gasp. What a complete arsehole!
As a modern, liberal spirit studying the law in London, England, Cara is fixed on her ambitions, and has no interest in romantic pursuits. However, in the wake of their chance encounter, the blunt solicitor that is William is determined to change her mind. Together, they explore the beauty, the ugly, and everything in between, of falling in love when flaws won't give way.
Packed with steamy scenes and cheeky dialogue, this book is sure to bring you for a ride of laughter, tears, and deep reflections you won't forget anytime soon.
It's time to dispose of stereotypes.
- Author's Note
- 1. Good Terms
- 2. What's Your Scheme?
- 3. You Don't Get A Say
- 4. Spend All Night Bickering
- 5. Won't You Come In?
- 6. Sandra... You're Drenched
- 7. Satisfied?
- 8. When You Speak To Me Like That
- 9. You're Not Shag-Mate Material
- 10. What About What I Want?
- 11. Could You Sleep Here Tonight?
- 12. Milestone
- 13. Have We Met?
- 14. Who Says I'd Want To?
- 15. That Colour In Your Cheeks
- 16. Careful, There
- 17. Outward, You Say?
- 18. You're Doomed
- 19. Smooth, But Powerful, Just Like You
- 20. You Haven't Chewed My Head Off Yet
- 21. You Look Like A Couple
- 22. Knickers In A Twist
- 23. That's Not My Problem
- 24. Are You With Me?
- 25. Actually, Cara, I Am
- 26. Escaping A Predator
- 27. I'm Not Letting You Out Of My Sight
- 28. I Would Say I'm Sorry, But I'm Not
- 29. Better Luck Next Time
- 30. Cactus
- 31. Who The Fuck Are You?
- 32. Guilty As Charged
- 33. Touché
- 34. You're An Occupational Hazard
- 35. To New Beginnings
- 36. Call It Intuition
- 37. Spicy Is More Like It
- 38. When One Door Closes, Another Opens
- 39. I Can't Help Myself
- 40. Anything To Get You Off My Mind
- 41. Plus, You Adore Me
- 42. Tired Are You?
- 43. All Yours
- 44. They're In My Way
- 45. What's Wrong With You?
- 46. Every Step Of The Way
- 47. Femme Fatale
- 48. Just Stay Patient
- 49. Please Don't
- 50. I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way
- 51. I Have Something To Say
- 52. I Haven't Had My Dessert Yet
- 53. Let's Begin, Shall We?
- 54. Any Youth In The World
- 55. Delectable Nine
- 56. Bulletproof
- 57. Well, Then Yes
- 58. I'm Your King
- 59. I Want To Have All Of You
- 60. I Only Have Eyes For You
- 61. I'll Never Stop
- 62. They Say You Should Live Fast
- 63. In My Dreams
- 64. Dear
- 65. A Perfect Swap
- 66. I Suppose I Did
- 67. Careful What You Wish For
- 68. Powerful Magic
- 69. Or The Fat Lady Fancies Having A Sing
- 70. None At All
- 71. Top This From The Bottom
- 72. I Am The Enigma
- 73. Mr Night
- 74. Pillow Talk
- 75. Here's A Big, Fat Hint
- 76. Before You Stole The Spotlight
- 77. I Might Not Get Another One
- 78. Duracell Bunny
- 79. Define 'Punish'
- 80. Blue
- 81. I Don't Know What To Say
- 82. I Can't Fucking Believe This
- 83. You Think Love Ends?
- 84. I'd Thought Love Had To End
- 85. You're A Patient
- 86. Quiet As A Corpse
- 87. We've Derailed
- 88. Never Did Run Smooth