Shay just got her dream job, working for her mentor and idol on a professional showjumping yard in Germany. It also happens to be the perfect escape from the hellish aftermath of her break up with James Harrington. She has been the focus of gossip for six months, ever since she walked out and broke the golden boy's heart. She's just escaped from an over controlling manipulative man, and as far as she's concerned, all men can stay far, far away. Feelings are for fools and love is a mug's game.
Penn is trying to juggle a family business that has fallen on his shoulders, an overbearing aggressive father, the pressure of being one of the hottest young showjumpers on the circuit and stay sane. He's used to the pressure of competing, but the horse business has a way of throwing curve balls that you could never prepare for. Family history is hard to forget and although blood might be thicker than water, it's hard to draw blood from a stone.
Thrown together by chance, with raging ex-boyfriends, overprotective friends and enough drama to fill a soap opera, will these two choose each other or their careers? All's fair in love and war, but sometimes the person you love is the one waging a war.
This will have references to drugs, adult content, and is rated R.
Please do not read this if you are not comfortable with mature content.
- "I don't live under a rock."
- "It's German"
- "I'm not any girl"
- "I don't even make the list before Pangolins?"
- "Oh, please, Penn can I have your autograph?"
- "Our little secret"
- "I'd rather be eaten alive by a shark"
- "But would they fight a killer squirrel for you?"
- "More like cling film"
- "I consider it taking a bullet for the female population"
- "You really do have champagne taste"
- "Drag her through shark infested waters"
- "Hell hath no fury like hurricane Julia"
- "Better than a turkey on thanksgiving"
- Little miss sunshine can breathe fire
- I wanted to see you about as much as I want kidney stones
- "You definitely did need saving!"
- It's been about as simple as the cold war
- You two threw slow out the window a few kisses ago