Commander Jack Rhodes is a retired Navy Seal. Well. Retired isn't what he would call it. More like fired. Yes. Fired would be the correct choice of word. No one retires at the age of 32.
When a mission went wrong, leaving Jack as the only survivor of his team, the U.S. government decided that Jack had earned time off and promptly dismissed him.
Now Jack is forced to accept an FBI field office position which lacks everything he loves; especially adventure.
Yet, after a murder occurs in the small town of Rinshawn, Rhodes gets his chance for action. However, it seems that he isn't the only one interested in the case. His long-time arch nemesis is in town and she's ready for a fight.
Enter Dr. V.C. Coldwater.
Not only will she steal your heart, she might also steal your wallet, given the chance.
With 3 Ph.D's, she is a certifiable genius. V.C. could probably write a book on 'How to be a Genius and Still Look Stunningly Good in A Lab-Coat'. In fact, there is a strong possibility that she already has.
Of course, in the eyes of Jack Rhodes, V.C. teeters closer to being certifiably insane.
As the owner of Kingmaker Investigation, she has the uncanny ability to always be in the wrong place at the right time, much to the chagrin of a certain Commander who will remain nameless.
With her lack of self-preservation, thirst for adventure and unrivaled intelligence, V.C. Coldwater is an unstoppable force of annoyance for Jack.
But it isn't V.C's fault that he is a no-nonsense, rule-following, wet towel who seems to enjoy arresting her every chance he gets. Or that she loves to ruffle his feathers with her constant and blatant law-breaking.
But when a murder takes place, V.C. is all too happy to dive into the mix and antagonize Jack, while solving an unsolvable death.
So, will this case end with Dr. Coldwater finally behind bars? Or will the chemistry between Jack and V.C. implode into something worth fighting for?
- My Books
- Author's Note
- 1: Prologue: Kill Me Faster
- 2: A Series of Very Fortunate Events
- 3: To Defeat A Seal
- 4: Too Cheap To Buy Me Dinner
- 5: Want A New Husband? Kill the Old
- 6: Maybe You Should Have Frisked Me
- 7: Tie You Up In My Basement
- 8: It's Only Illegal If You Get Caught
- 9: A Deal With The Devil
- 10: Seduce Me With Your Paperwork
- 11: Liar, Liar, Skirt On Fire
- 12: Hot Air Balloon Pilot
- 13: Fist-A-Cuffs in the Kitchen
- 14: Geniuses are Idiots
- 15: Sisterhood of The Traveling Guns
- 16: Wake Up Call
- 17: MI6, Uranium, and Pancakes
- 18: Breaking, Entering, and Light Treason
- 19: Desperate Circumstances Call For Cliche Actions
- 20: Kissing A Corpse
- 21: Darkest Secrets
- 22: Not So Subtle Threats
- 23: Enter Conspiracy Theorist #1
- 24: Exit Conspiracy Theorist #1 Rapidly
- 25: Runaway Widow
- 26: Steak-Out Pt. 1
- 27: Steak-Out Pt.2
- 28: A Death Or Two
- 29: Mr. Emblem in the Parking Lot With The Knife
- 30: She Dead
- 31: Anatomical Parts and A Night Of Canoodling
- 32: Thigh Highs, Dead People, and a Whole Lot of Lying
- 33: Ring Shopping
- 34: There's A Reason You Shouldn't Go Alone
- 35: Maybe She Should Have Thought This Through
- 36: Like A Girl
- 37: The End. .?
- 38: Part Two: Drowning In Love
- 39: Cupid Coldwater
- 40: Peer Talk
- 41: Kisses Of Necessity
- 42: A Cop, A Doctor, and A Felon Walk Into A Bar. . .
- 43: Heroism is Overrated
- 44: Dead Men Tell Some Tales
- 45: Down The Rabbit Hole
- 46: Too Close For Comfort
- 47: To Discover The Stars of The Universe
- 48: Stars Aligned In Coincidence
- 49: Classified Means Classified
- 50: Murder Is Illegal But He Definitely Deserved It
- 51: Man With A Plan
- 52: Engineers Are The Worst
- 53: Electron Radiation Issuance Detector Anti-Neutrino Unit System
- 54: Imaging Cosmic And Rare Underground Signals
- 55: What's In A Name. Part One.
- 56: What's In A Name. Part Two.
- 57: Under The Cover Of Darkness
- 58: A Voluntary Kidnapping
- 59: Not That I'm Telling You How To Do Your Job
- 60: Alastair Ledgerwood: The Man, The Legend, The Competition
- 61: Human-Eating Anacondas, Ruthless Penguins, and Killer Whales
- 62: Crime Is Always More Fun With A Friend
- 63: Assassins Are The Worst
- 64: Assassins Are People Too
- 65: A Tiny, Tiny Scratch
- 66: We Don't Torture People, Even If They Deserve It
- 67: J. Wilcox
- 68: Plot. Twist.
- 69: Victrasumous Caelan Coldwater
- 70: When V.C. Does Something Stupid. . . Again
- 71: What Are You Going To Do? Shoot Me?
- 72: You Have A Brother?
- 73: Eridanus Flooding
- 74: With A Dying Star
- 75: The Grim Reaper Came To Collect
- 76: The End. . . For Real
- 77: Extended Epilogue: The Case Of The Misguided Mafia
- 78: Extended Epilogue: The Case Of The CAT-racter Witness