Dark Elves have secretly invaded the southern kingdoms for the past ten years and the Elves are determined to stop their advance when they finally declare war. Caine, a powerful magician, arrives to the war council uncertain of the enemy he faces, unaware that Dark Elves have returned. As third in command, he has a lot on his plate and he's not helped by the absentee First Magician or cryptic Second Magician. With the return of the Nenya, a herald of the Elven Goddess, the stakes increase as the battle becomes about more than just victory over the Dark Elves.
Breena, a spy embedded in the dark elf camps for the past seven years is close to rescue, but there's just one more secret she wants to seek out. Certain of her ability to reach her rescuers, she delays her escape by one day, which leads to her being held in chains tighter than ever. When she's faced with the Dark elf King and his half brother, will she be able to survive?
Ixil has been rejected by every family he's ever known except for his Goddess and his King. Protecting them and their people has been his calling in life since he took his oath as a Guard, but he might just be in over his head when he's assigned to keep watch on the Nenya - the Goddesses cat-like creatures. Tall as a human with three plate armored tails and saber teeth as long as his forearm, the cat's waste no time making him earn his keep.
When war is declared, no one's secrets are safe.
Hey guys! I will warn you, the chapters are very long, about ~2,500 words each.
This story is unedited (and I have a pesky habit of just sprinkling liberally with commas and calling it good). So please, any constructive feedback and editing is welcome! I love hearing from you guys. And as always, comment, vote and share!
I try to update Friday nights ~L
- Author's Note
- Chapter 1 - The Girl with the Glass
- Chapter 2 - The Mystery of a Prince
- Chapter 3 - A Dinner with Elves
- Chapter 4 - the Council Begins
- Chapter 5 - An Enigma of a Woman
- Chapter 6 - A Ghost Opponent
- Chapter 7 - Nenya Return
- Chapter 8 - To Summon a Goddess
- Chapter 9 - A Dream
- Chapter 10 - War Council
- Chapter 11 - A Shoulder to Rely on
- Chapter 12 - Assignments
- Chapter 13 - Disruption
- Chapter 14 - The Lady Aleda
- Chapter 15 - Seeing the War
- Chapter 16 - One Last Curiosity
- Chapter 17 - Almost Free
- Chapter 18 - A Place of Peace
- Chapter 19 - A Change
- Chapter 20 - Almost Home
- Chapter 21 - Hidden
- Chapter 22 - An Unexpected Journey
- Chapter 23 - Rude Awakening
- Chapter 24 - A New Pack Member
- Chapter 25 - Feral Children