This is a story about Mary, number one fan of the hottest cult vampire detective TV show, City By Night... until it becomes all too real. An accident with the Craft Services truck sends her hurtling into the world of the show, and Mary is thrilled - who wouldn't want to live alongside their favorite TV characters?
Unfortunately, living in TV-land isn't all that Mary thought it would be. Not only is Mary disillusioned with what she thought was a lush world until she had to try to maneuver in it, now she's about to be murdered by one of the stupidest clichés in the history of television in a world that, pardon the pun, totally sucks.
A loving satire of the Toronto film industry, vampire-cop television, and what it really means to be a "fan".
"Funny, light-hearted, and full of cracks about the tropes of genre television, CITY BY NIGHT is an awesome read--and the ending is amazing!"
--Sam Maggs, author of The Geek Girl's Guide to the Galaxy
- Chapter One : Concerning Rabbit Holes and All That
- Chapter Two : A Prince Who is Less than Charming
- Chapter Three : Villains are Only Sexy on the Other Side of the Screen
- Chapter Four: Exactly as Expected and Entirely Over- Rated
- Chapter Five: Being Stuck in Bed is Only Fun When There are Handcuffs
- Chapter Six: Unauthorized Road Trips are the Best Kind
- Chapter Seven: If You Can't Beat 'em, Get a Bigger Stick
- Chapter Eight: How Can You Know When You Won't Even Try?
- Chapter Nine: The One Where Mary Sues