The year started out weird, but things really took a turn for the bizarre when we discovered the Buzzfeed quizzes were coming true.
Leela Pendurthi is dog-paddling toward adulthood.
Armed with a useless BS in astrophysics and a pretty decent data plan, the recent college graduate's life might be in shambles, but at least she has plenty of time to browse dank memes. Her half-assed attempts to slay the chaos dragon (and catch the attention of a local, possibly-autistic podiatrist) have been going relatively smoothly (relatively is a key word, here), until her best friend Abby points out that every Buzzfeed quiz they've taken seems to actually do what its claim to do. Guess their names? Check. Tell them their favorite 1D songs? Yup.
When it becomes apparent that they have a chance to glimpse into their futures, one asinine quiz at a time, Leela and Abby embark on a quest to do the impossible: find date-able boys in their Appalachian hometown. While Leela has her cap set on 'emotional stability' and a '401k' and 'dental', Buzzfeed appears to have an entirely different type of guy lined up for her next boyfriend, AND a one-month deadline to meet her soulmate.
But Buzzfeed won't be able to answer Leela's most pressing question: can she date and get dumped by a stoner in time to meet her soulmate in 3 weeks?
There's no way her soulmate is going to be a pothead, right?
*kinda for grown-ups. there's curse words and weed*
- the frozen banana
- leela, spaceman, android
- the call of the void
- the second day
- dad material
- the two-pronged, pothead pickle
- the furry in animal science
- leela the chipotle f*ckboy
- leela don't know how to party
- rafi, one
- rafi, two
- incessant text messages and men without balls
- shenanigans/corporate blood sacrifices
- midnight slushies, 7 PM
- springy motherf*ckers
- the butterfly exhibit
- dad material pool party
- post-pool-party gardening haze
- stepping on grubs
- nobody has a good job
- soul skinny dipping
- astronomy isn't even real
- a 1990s childhood dream
- a long sip of a fatal chemical cocktail
- pothead chivalry and slow sweet time
- interlude 2
- no cure for cancer
- the buzzfeed community quiz | i
- the buzzfeed community quiz | ii
- dad material late-night philosophy
- love potion number 9
- rafi, career counselor
- craigslist hacking and the last resort of desperate men
- angry emails
- a warthog wallowing in the mud
- the solar eclipse viewing party
- the excellent news
- black magic
- he's in love with California and breaking my heart