***All Credits To Johanna Spyri***
Orphaned Heidi lives an idyllic life with her gruff grandfather in the Swiss mountains, with Peter and his many goats.
But her aunt arrives to take her to Frankfurt to be a companion for a companion for Clara, and she's desperately unhappy being away from her simple country life.
She does adapt, but not before having many adventures and teaching the city people a few things about innocence, love and generosity.
Apparently, all the evils in the world can be cured with fresh air, kindness and goat's cheese.
Rated 3.9 stars by Good reads
Rated 4.5 stars by Amazon
Translated from German by Mabel Abbott.
Note: 'Heidi' is short for Adelheid (nobility) in the original (German) version. In this one (English), 'Adelheid' is translated with the rest to 'Adelaide'.
- Heidi's First Mountain Climb
- A New Home With Grandfather
- Little Bear and Little Swan
- Shooting Down The Mountain Side
- A Railroad Journey
- Clara, The Patient Little Invaild
- The Unfriendly Housekeeper
- Surprises For The Children
- Mr. Sesemann Takes Heidi's Part
- "My House Is Haunted!"
- At Home Again On The Mountain
- The Coat With The Silver Buttons
- A Great Disappointment
- The Doctor Comes With Presents
- Excursions Over The Mountains
- A New Home For The Winter
- Heidi Teaches An Obstinate Peter
- A Strange Looking Procession
- Happy Days For The Little Visitor
- Wicked Peter And The Unlucky Chair
- Goodbye To The Beautiful Mountain