Popular party girl and high school senior Jessica Stone has a secret: she used to be a nerd - a big one; a goody two-shoes, grade-skipping, all-state spelling bee champ. But she lost the braces, put on some contacts, and applied all her academic genius to studying and imitating the social elite. Now she rules the school from the upper echelon of the high school realm. With her cool new friends and hottest-guy-in-school boyfriend, life's a beach - and that's where she's headed for Spring Break. That is, until her teacher breaks the bad news that she's failing Biology - and her only chance to make up the grade is to throw away the culminating trip of her hard-earned popularity and join the Conservation Club in Panama to save the Golden Frog.
Unable to let go of her faded college dreams, Jess finds herself in a foreign country with a new social crew, and one handsome face that stands out as a blast from the past, threatening to ruin her queen bee reputation. Travis Henley may have grown up, but he still likes to play childish games and as payment for retrieving Jess' lost ring from the bottom of a jungle pool, he wants three dates.
While Jess does battle with spiders, snakes, wildfires and smart mean girls, she desperately tries to hang on to the last vestiges of her popular existence like the Golden Frog from its webbed toe. But as she starts to care about something more than tanning and texting - a species on the verge of disappearing forever - she may realize the worth of her inner nerd, and the one frog in particular that could be her prince in disguise.
Check out the Playlist on Spotify: Kissing Frogs - A Tropical Fairytale and see if you can figure out which songs are from each Character's POV!
Highest Rank - #1 Eco / #15 fairy-tales / #41 Humour / #98 Teen Fiction
- So long, South Beach...
- Hello, Panama...
- Trouble in Paradise...
- Spiders and Haters and Hot Boys, Oh My!
- Messy Jessie
- El Valle
- Jungle Pool + Loose Ring = Bargain with a "Frog"
- Three Non-Dates
- A Moonlit Swim
- Oink Oink
- You used to call me on my cellphone...
- The Last of the Golden Frogs
- It's Not You, It's Me
- Surf's Up
- Take me to the beach...
- Non-date # 1
- That was close...
- To sneak out or not sneak out? That is the question.
- Keep your friends close...
- Spa Day
- Confessions over dish-washing
- The couple that shops together...
- Non-Date # 2
- We interrupt your regularly schedule programming to bring you... COVER OPTIONS!
- Do You Like Piña Coladas...
- Shut up and Dance with Me
- The Morning After
- Cast Ideas?
- The Cherry on the Hot-Fudge (and by fudge, I mean poop) Sundae
- A Mcflurry a Day Keeps the Heartache Away
- Multi-Faceted (or Polka-Dot Peacocks)
- Wild Ride
- Everything Has Changed
- Jess and the Massive Eff Up
- Into the Flames
- Happily Ever After is Just Beginning
- Back to Beautiful Reality...