A man commits gruesome crimes in broad daylight in front of thousands of people. A conviction should be easy, but every time the evidence points towards another suspect. The first victim is known to Assistant DA Max Crawford, which ignites his interest in the case. He fights hard to get justice for his friend, but is thwarted every time by an even smarter killer, who is always two steps ahead of him.
Will Max finally get his man? Or is there a more sinister plot behind the murders? An edge of your seat thriller, where everything is not as it seems.
The third book in the Max Crawford series
"This book has continued on brilliantly from the last. I'm already hooked. So many questions and twists coming. Great job."
"In all three books you've come back stronger with each chapter. Can't wait for the next one."
- Chapter 1: A public killing
- Chapter 2: Reliving the past
- Chapter 3: An empty scene
- Chapter 4: Who's the killer?
- Chapter 5: Looking into two suspects
- Chapter 6: Two towers
- Chapter 7: A mourning wife
- Chapter 8: Another murder
- Chapter 9: Not you again?
- Chapter 10: An enemy returned
- Chapter 11: An insight into murder
- Chapter 12: Dissension was everywhere
- Chapter 13: Some cagey answers
- Chapter 14: Time for number three
- Chapter 15: A motive was found
- Chapter 16: The secret device
- Chapter 17: Finding the phone
- Chapter 18: Roadblock to a conviction
- Chapter 19: Losing all control
- Chapter 20: More bad news
- Chapter 21: Staking out Lemon
- Chapter 22: Unfriendly eyes
- Chapter 23: No more Hooper
- Chapter 24: Where am I?
- Chapter 25: Breaths of freedom
- Chapter 26: Cold feeling of betrayal
- Chapter 27: Forging a plan
- Chapter 28: First steps to retribution