BEFORE YOU PUBLISH A NEW BOOK, READ THIS ONE FIRST!
Are you a rookie to Wattpad?
Are you a veteran on Wattpad?
Are you struggling to get reads?
Are you tired of advice books that were written by people who published before 2013?
Following this advice, I went from less than 1000 reads over four months, to over 5000 reads in five months. I also jumped from under 100 followers to over 400 in the same time period. This book will outline how I accomplished that.
Before 2013, Wattpad had a different way to advertise your story as well as a different way for calculating reads. That is why you'll see people with reads in the millions. 100 votes back then is the equivalent of 10 votes today. Anyone who gained their reads on Wattpad before that time may not completely understand the challenges a brand-new author faces in today's Wattpad environment.
Don't get discouraged. The environment may have changed, but that does not mean there isn't a way to gain reads. It just means we have to use different methods than the veterans of old.
This book will cover the information I wish I had known when I first published on Wattpad. Unfortunately, it took me months to discover this information.
Topics also covered:
Entering a contest
Hosting a contest
Writing and editing hints
More to come . . . more to come
Copyright 2017 S.A. McCaffrey. All Rights Reserved.
Highest ranking: #8 Non-fiction 7-2-17 and 3-3-18
Cover by @Arsenic_
1st place: Nonfiction/Random - The Dream Book Awards
1st place: Nonfiction - The Wunderkind Awards
1st place: Random - The Dreamcatcher Awards
1st place: Nonfiction - The Lit Awards
- Section 1: What I Wish I Had Known
- How Wattpad Works
- Hot, Featured, Rising, New
- Ranking with Tags - NEW METHOD
- Follow, Follow, Follow
- Secret Technique for Following - Shhhh!
- Just the Stats, Ma'am
- A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words
- Bluh, bluh, bluh, blurbs
- Tag! You're It!
- And the Winner Is . . .
- How Do I Enter a Contest?
- SO, YOU WANT TO HOST A CONTEST? - Part 1
- SO, YOU WANT TO HOST A CONTEST? - Part 2
- SO, YOU WANT TO HOST A CONTEST? - Part 3
- Book Clubs
- Reading Requests and Critiques
- Share Your Story Threads
- Social Media
- Section 2: Just the Text
- Skeletons in Our Closets - Plot Structure
- Skeletons in Our Closets - Three Acts
- Skeletons in Our Closets - Backwards and Forwards
- Skeletons in Our Closets - Characterization
- Skeletons in Our Closets - Character Flaws
- Skeletons in Our Closets - Character Positive Traits
- Skeletons in Our Closets - Character Personality Types
- Skeletons in Our Closets - Archetypes & Stock Characters
- Wattpad Troubleshooting