- 40millionmonthly unique users
- 13billionminutes spent per month
- 150millionstory uploads shared
- 90%of all activity is on mobile
- 50+languages supported
Founded in 2006, Wattpad is a free app that lets people discover and share stories about the things they love. More than 40 million people around the world turn to Wattpad to find entertainment that matches their interests and fits their schedules. Wattpad stories are serialized and the entire community participates in the storytelling process through comments, messages, and multimedia. The app offers stories in over 50 languages and works on mobile and web. The company is proudly based in Toronto, Canada. Learn more at www.wattpad.com.
CEO and Co-founderallenlau
As CEO and co-founder of Wattpad, Allen Lau leads the company's efforts to transform the reading and writing experience of millions of people around the world. Prior to Wattpad, Allen was the co-founder of FeedM8, a mobile advertising company that was acquired in 2008. In 2001, he co-founded Tira Wireless where he helped leading brands optimize content for mobile delivery.
Allen received his Bachelor and Master degrees from the University of Toronto’s Electrical Engineering program.
CTO and Co-founderivanyuen
As CTO and co-founder of Wattpad, Ivan Yuen ensures the company’s technical strategy aligns with business objectives. Prior to Wattpad, Ivan co-founded FeedM8 and served as the company’s CTO. Before that he was one of the first employees of Tira Wireless, where he helped grow the technical team and developed new and emerging wireless technologies.
Ivan graduated from the University of Waterloo with a degree in Computer Engineering and also earned an MBA from the Rotman School of Management.
Wattpad Headlines and Highlights
Wattpad in the News
- Tyler Oakley Releases Excerpts From His Upcoming Book 'Binge' On Wattpad
- DC’s Vertigo Becomes The First Comics Publisher On Wattpad
- Margaret Atwood, Digital Deep-Diver, Writes ‘The Heart Goes Last’
- Anna Todd Announces 2 More Books About "After" Characters
- General Electric’s New CMO Linda Boff on Marketing a “Digital Industrial Company”
From our blogShow more
Not sure what to do with our logo? Check out our Brand Guide