A New beginning

By MaryMwangi503

Violet and Maya have to survive this cruel world at a young age after their parents suspiciously die in a c... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6:
chapter 7: Step away from her
chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45
chapter46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
Chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68

chapter 54

105 16 3
By MaryMwangi503

Alex

Four weeks later

" Are you okay , " Vee asks her hand on my lap. Am so nervous and am busy tapping my foot on the floor.

" Yes, I want this to be over and done with," I say with a sigh.

" You don't have to be nervous, whatever the outcome, we'll deal with it together."

" Thank you for being so sweet and understanding. I must have done something really good in my life to deserve you, " I say smiling at her and she smiles back.

It's friday, five in the evening and we are at the hospital waiting for the DNA results and yes, you guessed right.

Lisa is really pregnant! And she's seated on our opposite side ,watching us quietly.

We had to wait for three weeks to get the test done for the safety of the baby and and Lisa's too and today is the day we get the results.

We have already moved to the new house with Maya and she's doing quite well now. We even got her a tutor to help her catch up with what she missed in school so she'll be able to graduate the next coming month.

The doctor asked for us not to give her any bad news ,so she doesn't know anything about her uncles return or her sister almost been raped again by Mike yet.

Everything else has been okay so far, expect for Lisa and the pregnancy.

" Alex..." Doctor Tom my mums doctor calls ,walking my way. " Here are the results, " he says handing it to me.

" Thanks, " I say and he nods walking away.

Vee and Lisa are anxiously waiting for me to open the envelope, and am really nervous. Am hoping against hopes that the results turn out negative.

My heart is drumming in my ear right now as I slowly read the result.

" Its positive ," I say as soon as i see the results, my voice low, turning to look at Vee. She's tense but doesn't look shocked or dissapointed.

I hate what am doing to her. I know she might be acting tough and okay but am sure apart of her is breaking right now.

I hate this! Why does shit always happen to me?!

" I told you I wasn't lying, " Lisa says a smile tugging at her lips.

" Okay.. We're done with what brought us here, it's time to go " I say taking Vees hand.

" But.. What about me and the baby? " That's Lisa.

" We already had this discussion Lisa! I'll be there and provide for the baby as soon as its born and I'll get you some one to take care of you and the baby "

" But what if I get sick and need you? I don't even know where you live! I think the best thing to do is to let me stay with you guys," Lisa says and i can't help but chuckle shaking my head.

" You think I'd let you stay with us? Are you nuts?!" I ask glaring at her.

" Come on Alex! You and Vee will take good care of me and they'll be no need of wasting money by hiring someone to take care of me once I have the baby . "

What's wrong with this girl? Does she really think that I'd let her stay with us. I know that this is one of her plans to come in between my relationship with Vee, but I will never give her the pleasure!

" Don't worry about me Lisa, I have more money than you can imagine ," I say walking past her with vee behind me.

We get to the car, and I don't like the way Vees been quite, since we got the results.

She's making me more nervous than I am!

I hope she's not having second thoughts about us!

" Hey.. Why are you so quite?" I ask as soon as we are on the road.

" Am fine. I was just thinking about Lisa and how far she's willing to go just to have you. Do you think she'd hurt herself just so she could stay with us? "

" And risk hurting the baby? I don't think so," I say shaking my head. "The baby is the only thing tying us together, she wouldn't dare hurt it. "

" Okay....How do you feel, about being a father?"

" Am not excited at all!I feel like my world just collapsed, " I say and she looks at me surprised. " Don't look at me like that!you know Lisa is the last person I'd want to share anything with, let alone a baby! am really afraid of loosing you because of all this. "

" You won't loose me , I thought we already established that fact ? "

" We did but I can't help but be scared. Lisa is crazy and she's willing to do anything to separate us! "

" I know that nothing is promised but as long as we are together and trust each other, nobody can drag us down.You should be happy that you are going to be a new dad, a baby is always a blessing, no matter the circumstances , " she says with a smile and I just stare at her amazed.

I still can't believe that she stuck with me through all this!

She's such an amazing person and am so glad that she's mine!

" I love you so damn much! " I say my eyes on her smiling back.

" I love you more and you better keep your eyes on the road before you kill us, " she says and I look straight ahead, the smile never leaving my lips.

We are home In about thirty minutes and we find the girls busy watching a movie.

*****
Maya

Vee and Alex don't look happy at all when they walk in and that could only mean one thing.

The results were positive!

Am still not sure how Lisa pulled this through and no one is telling me anything. I only found out about her pregnancy this morning , when I overheard Vee and Alex talking about it and confronted them.

They only confirmed that she was pregnant but didn't bother telling me how it all happened. I feel like they are hiding a lot more from me but I also know that it maybe for my own good.

I hate the way everything always seem to go wrong for vee but I love how she's handling things. Am glad that she's finally fighting for what she wants.

She deserves to be happy!

"So.... What happened, " Rita asks the second they sit.

" The baby is mine."

"Okay.. So when do we start packing?" Rita asks and we all look at her confused.

" Packing? What are you talking about?" Thats Vee.

" You know we should leave the country before that bitch drives us all crazy! and I end up killing her,"She says making us laugh.

" Don't worry to much Rita, it's four against one am sure we can handle her," I say through my laugh." So.. how did she end up pregnant? I ask my eyes on Alex and they all start glancing at each other. " Come on guys! Stop treating me like a child. I know you think that I can't handle it but I can! "

" Okay...Lisa drugged Alex." That's Vee.

" She drugged you just so she could be with you?! Wow! Lisa has really lost it! " I say shaking my head. " But...isn't that illegal or something? I bet if you take her to court you'll surely win the case and keep the baby when its born and also get a restraining order. "

" I don't know if that's possible and even if it was, we don't have any prove. It would be her words against his and anyways, we can't let the baby grow up without a it's mother, it won't be fair," Vee says.

" So we just let her win? " That's Rita.

"Of course not! We all know that her agenda is to have Alex and that will never happen! " I say.

"You are right Maya, that will never happen ," Alex says. " Anyways, I don't want to talk about that anymore. "

" Me too," Vee says getting up. " Am going to make dinner. "

"I'll help ," Alex says and they both walk over to the kitchen hand in hand.

They look so cute together.

We have dinner an hour later and watch a movie before heading to bed. Vee walks me to my room to make sure I have my medicine before I go bed. She does that every night!

The medicine taste like shit and I hate it!

If it wasnt for her I wouldn't take it and she knows it. That's why she supervises me everyday!

" Why do I have to keep on taking this medicine?" I say wailing like a baby. "I feel better now, I even think am good enough to run a marathon! "

" Have your medicine Maya!" she says looking at me sternly and I have no choice but to swallow it." Good! "

" Sometimes I think that you love making me suffer! " I complain and she smiles shaking her head.

" Don't be silly, it's time to go to bed now, " she say kissing my forehead. " Good night."

" Why are you in such a hurry? Missing Alex already? " I ask with a wink making her smile again.

" Actually, I am. "

" I really love seeing you like this. You look so happy but.. are you sure you are okay with this Lisa issues. I know its not Alex's fault but that doesn't change the fact that your boyfriend is soon going to have a baby, with someone else. The baby will be apart of you life forever . "

" To tell you the truth, I do wish that all this wasn't true but, i can't change anything now. I love Alex and am sure going to love his baby, like Dad did with me. He loved and raised me as his own,even though I wasn't. "

" You are right, The baby isn't to blame for this," I say sitting on the bed. " You should go to bed now, before Alex comes to get you, goodnight. "

" Goodnight, " she says walking out.

A few seconds later as am trying to catch some sleep, my phone rings and unknown number flashes on the screen.

" Hi Maya, " a voice says as soon as i answer.

" Hi.. Who am I talking to? "

" It's Mike. "

" Hi Mike, where have you beeen,i haven't seen you in a while. "

" I've been busy with something and am so glad that you are okay now. Anyway, Nick mentioned to me that Vees birthday is coming up and we need your help to plan a surprise party ."

" Really?! I'd love to help!" I say Excitedly.

"Okay, so lets meet tomorrow at noon in my house. I'll text you the address and you have to promise not to mention this to anyone, and also make sure no one sees you when you leave the house. "

" Why? Rita and Alex Will be happy to help, you know? "

" I do but they don't like me that much, especially Alex. I don't want the surprise to be ruined because of the misunderstandings. Please, let's just do this for your sister. "

" Okay.. For Vee."

"Good! I guess I'll let you sleep now, goodnight. "

" Goodnight," I say hanging up.

Am so excited! This will be the first time that Vee will have a birthday party, since forever and am sure that she'll be very happy.

I can't wait! ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 470 36
After the passing of her Grandmother, Aubrey Van Alen struggles to cope with her abusive foster parents. Her identity is a mystery and she has no rec...
8.6K 337 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
99 0 1
Book 2 in the It's Complicated Series. Cassie feels particularly unloved after her sister dies and she's sent to boarding school. This is her journey...
751K 3.9K 6
UNDER EDITING TO BE PUBLISHED UPDATES COMING (2019) 16 year old Nancy has one thing on her mind, Aiden, the boy shes loved since she was 14 and now h...