love letters ~k.akaashi~

By shiningcami_

based off of 'to all the boys i've loved before' akaashi keiji x fem! reader ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ in which, you and akaa... More

~cast and playlist~
~prolouge~
~one~
~two~
~three~
~four~
~six~
~seven~
~christmas special~
~eight~
~nine~
~ten~
~eleven~
~twelve~
~thirteen~
~fourteen~
~fifteen~
~sixteen~
~seventeen~
~eighteen~
~nineteen~
~twenty~
~twenty-one~
~twenty-two~
~twenty-three~
~twenty-four~
~twenty-five~
~twenty-six~
~twenty-seven~
~twenty-eight~
~twenty-nine~
~thirty~
~thirty-one~
~thirty-two~
~ending A~
~ending B~
kind of important a/n

~five~

3.3K 82 23
By shiningcami_

~edited may 27, 2021~

~edited again january 18, 2022~

you had been walking to the cafe for about five minutes, only fifteen minutes left until you reached it. you had your airpods in and started listening to some random playlist of yours.

you had finally reached the cafe and saw akaashi was already there, fiddling with his fingers, sitting down.

you took a deep breath, put your airpods back in their charging case and walked through the door to sit across from akaashi.

you both sat there in an awkward silence until a waitress came by to take your orders.

"i'll just have a caramel macchiato, please." you asked politely.

"i'll have the same as her, please." akaashi said after you.

once the waitress left, he cleared his throat and started to speak.

"so...i'm gonna address the elephant in the room here. i want to know the whole history on this love letter business and the whole...kiss at the park earlier today."

"i mean...yeah sure. i owe you that much. do you want the long version or the short version?"

"long version, i have the time."

as you were about to start your storytelling, you were interrupted by the waitress bringing your coffees to you.

'god, what is up with people and interrupting me when i'm about to say something lately?' you thought. if it wasn't momo, it was lev, and if it wasn't lev, it was some random person.

"so, if you read your letter you'll know, i did have a crush on you when we were little kids."

"seemed more than a crush, haiba-san but whatever, continue please." akaashi said, sipping his coffee.

you stuck your tongue out at him before continuing with your story. 

"well, i had always liked writing as a way to express my feelings so i whenever i had a crush, i wrote those letters."

akaashi choked a little on his coffee before speaking up.

"wait...letters? as in plural?"

"yes letters. you're not the only one who got a letter, akaashi-san." you smirked at him.

"well...could you tell me who else got a letter."

"which story do you want to hear, akaashi-san?"

he paused for a bit before letting you continue.

"okay, well it was one for you and then one for some dude from kindergarten and then another one for urm...kenma." you whispered out the last name.

but akaashi picked it up and pointed it out.

"you wrote one for kenma-san?"

"yes, i told you. you're not that special so tell your ego to take it down a couple notches."

he chucked softly before letting you continue.

"well, i wrote it so i could get those feelings out my system. so when we went to middle school and we lost contact, you could say i lost feelings."

you paused to take a sip of your coffee before continuing.

"so when we went to middle school, i met kenma. and for some reason, i fell for him." you continued as akaashi seemed to hang on every word of yours.

"and i'm assuming, you wrote him a letter. correct?"

you pursed your lips together and nodded slowly, take a long sip of your coffee. you didn't know why he had asked you that question though, you just told him that a couple moments ago but you ignored it.

"but this still doesn't explain the...urm...park incident."

"i was getting to that, let me finish without any interruptions please." you waited a little before continuing to speak.

"so i kept them hidden in a hatbox alisa gave me and then stuffed the box into my closet so no one could get to it but me. but, obviously that wasn't what was planned."

you paused to catch your breath and then continued.

"so for some odd reason that i still don't know, the letters were sent out. and kenma's one of my best friends and the letter made it seem like it was written pretty recently. so this morning, he asked me to meet him at the park, where we happened to run into each other. and i saw kenma with the letter and i didn't want him to think i still...loved him so i panicked and yeah..."

"so that's it?" he said to you.

"that pretty much sums it up."

akaashi nodded, seeming to take in all the information. he kept thinking so there was a long period of silence.

you sat there, taking small sips of your macchiato, and fiddling with your fingers before he finally spoke up.

"okay...this is very unlike me but i feel like we're both in situations where this idea of mine comes in handy." your face twisted into confusion. he had assumed that was a signal to continue so he did. 

"as you know, mai and i recently broke up because she left for someone else. i'm not that heartbroken but i do want to make her seem, jealous in a way. make her see i'm doing better without her. which is where you come in."

you choked on your coffee that you were sipping. you got over your coughing fit before speaking up.

"what do you mean 'where i come in?'" akaashi chuckled a little before continuing explaining his plan.

"you want to make it seem like you don't have any feelings for kenma-san anymore and i want to make it seem like i'm doing so much better without mai while making her jealous. so the solution would be, entering a fake relationship."

you gave him a deadpan look. "excuse me, what?"

"look, i know it seems like a whole big thing but we're both in situations where we could benefit from this."

you had a couple of urges right now at this moment. you had the urge to slap him and run away and you had the urge to simply get up and walk out the coffee shop.

you settled for the second option so you had to make up some random excuse to leave. you quickly pulled your phone like you had just received a text and feigned a look of surprise.

"oh, alisa just texted me and told me to come back home. so um...bye. see you at school" you said as you got up quickly and started to walk towards the door before akaashi grabbed your wrist.

what's up with him and grabbing your wrist?

"wait, let me walk you home. it's dark out and it's not safe for you to be walking around at this time." he said to you.

you thought for a minute before agreeing to his offer of walking you home.

you two walked in silence the whole time he walked you home. in that long period of silence, you had thought of akaashi's idea. he had a point from his idea. being in this relationship would give kenma the idea that you no longer held those kinds of feelings for him.

you were so lost in thought, you didn't notice you two had reached your house.

"look, haiba-san. i'm sorry for springing that whole idea of a fake relationship onto you. that wasn't fair of me and i apologize for that. but here's my number if you wanna talk about it." he handed you a slip of paper and you waved goodbye to him.

he stayed there until he made sure you were back inside your house safely and then started his walk back home.

you ran up the stairs to your room, locked your door and face planted onto your bed. you had the burning urge to scream but you decided against it.

so for the rest of the night, you laid in bed, listening to your music play from your laptop and kept thinking of akaashi's proposal.

you had decided to wait until momo came back from her dancing camp before you decided on anything permanent.

"if only i had hidden those letters better. stupid, stupid f/n." you mumbled into your pillow as "still with you" played softly in the background.

a/n and now we begin the progress of yours and akaashi's relationship :)) have a great day and make sure to eat something and drink some water 💘💘💘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.4K 1.2K 49
Y/n a first year attending Karasuno along with her best friend Shoyo. One night she downloaded this app named strangers. When she meet someone in Jap...
1.9M 70.5K 72
"it's like i love everything about her and i don't want to, because i'm scared." "at least you're not ...
7.4K 245 17
in which akaashi's best friend is way out of his league... at least to him ↳ a best friends to lovers story! akaashi keiji x f!reader rankings : ...
226K 5.9K 32
"marry me lol?" akaashi keiji x reader | she/her pronouns used in which y/n is a bit interesting and weird but somehow falls in love texting / irl co...