AMORTENTIA // Luke Patterson...

By samembrose

Year 4 has just started, when 3 new boys get introduced to the school. All year, these boys cause trouble for... More

•Chapter 1•
•Chapter 2•
•Chapter 3•
•Chapter 5•
•Chapter 6•
•Chapter 7•
•Chapter 8•
•Chapter 9•
•Chapter 10•
•Chapter 11•
•Chapter 12•
•Chapter 13•
•Chapter 14•
•Chapter 15•
•Chapter 16•
•Chapter 17•
•Chapter 18•
•Chapter 19•
•Chapter 20•
•Chapter 21•
•Chapter 22•
•Chapter 23•
•Chapter 24•
•Chapter 25•
•Chapter 26•
•Chapter 27•
•Chapter 28•
•Chapter 29•
•Chapter 30•
•Chapter 31•
•Chapter 32•
•Chapter 33•
•Chapter 34•
•Chapter 35•
•Chapter 36•
•Chapter 37•
•Chapter 38•
•Chapter 39•
•Chapter 40•
•Chapter 41•
•Chapter 42•
•Chapter 43•
•Chapter 44•
•Chapter 45•
•Chapter 46•
•Chapter 47•
•Chapter 48•
•Chapter 49•
•Chapter 50•
•Chapter 51•
•Chapter 52•
•Chapter 53•
•Chapter 54•
•Chapter 55•
•Chapter 56•
•Chapter 57•
•Chapter 58•
•Chapter 59•
•Chapter 60•
•Chapter 61•
•Chapter 62•
•Chapter 63•
•Chapter 64•
•Chapter 65•
•Chapter 66•
•Chapter 67•
The end

•Chapter 4•

818 24 19
By samembrose

We got back to our dorms, after the feast, and Julie and I started to unpack our things.

"Have you heard anything about the new guys?" I ask her, while I put some of my favourite sweets from George in my bedside table.

"Not really. People are saying how they're probably all evil, because of their families and stuff, but I just don't see it. They all seem pretty sweet to me."

"Me too, I'll have to ask James about them, he might know something about it." I say as I retrieve some of my clothes from my trunk to pack away.

"I'm pretty sure I saw him in the common room with his friends when we got here. Why are you so interested in those boys anyway?" She jumps on my bed, as I glare at her with a less than impressed expression.

"I don't know, something about them just seems a bit off, maybe it's just me. It just feels like I have a need to find out more about them." I watch as Julie gets up to grab one of the chocolate frogs that her dad had packed for her.

"You already sound obsessed." Julie says as she flops down on her ownbed.

"I'm not obsessed, I'm merely interested in these mysterious guys who just suddenly showed up at our school? Besides I saw how professor Longbottom and Scorpius looked at those guys - the Malfoy are a pureblood family, there's no way that they could've lost track of a part of their family, especially after the war, while the Longbottom's are known for being scarce, if there were any more relatives, professor Longbottom would know them, which he didn't. Anyway I'll see you later. Im going to ask James about them." I walk out the room and make my way to the common room.

As soon as I enter, I see James - Bertie boys beans scattered around the table that he and his friends are gathered around - with two of the beans up his nose as his friends laugh at him.

"James. Up." I point out the entrance to the common room, and James gets up with a sigh and follows me - beans still very clearly in his nose. We walk in silence toward our known meeting point - the rickety bridge that acts as an entrance to hogwarts. It had been rebuilt after Seamus Finnegan had blown it up during the battle of hogwarts, mostly as a reminder of how being destructive can help in a war, at least that's what I got from it. We mostly made this spot ours, because I know james is an easy but to crack when he's tired, and even with all the quidditch, the walk from the Gryffindor tower to here will tire anyone out.

"What do you know about thosenew guys." I say as we reach the middle of the bridge.

"Already got a crush? I mean I can see you and that Longbottom guy being a thing but I didn't know he would have your heart so quickly." He says, clearly out of breath as he leans on his knees to try catch his breath, as I stare at him with little amusement.

"I'm serious, something about them is giving me weird vibes, I just want to find out what they're all about. If I do, then my need to know will go away, so please tell me what you know and I will be over with this curiosity in a jiffy." I cross my arms and stare at him.

"Unfortunately for you, I don't know anything, I'm not in their year, nor am I in their houses, so I don't know anything. You should probably ask Albus, he looked at that Longbottom guy with such disgust, he probably knows something." He explains as he leans slightly against the side of the bridge.

"Hey! what are you two doing out here!" A voice shouts at us from the distance.

"Of course." James says with a groan, knowing he was going to be forced to walk back soon.

Albus approaches use other his wand lighting up as bright as I've ever seen it.

"You can lower your wand Albus, we aren't a threat." I say to him as he approaches. He puts his wand away and leans agains the rail next to James and I.

"What are you guys doing out here? If anyone else found you here you would have detention for months." Albus says irritably.

"Aren't we so lucky that it was only you who came to bother us then, Albus?" James teases by grabbing each of Albus's cheeks in-between his fingers.

"Yes you are, I could've hexed you if I didn't know who you were!"

"Thank you for sparing me your magical greatness, Albus Potter." James shouts, getting on his knees and pretending to worship him.

"You two are idiots." I speak up with an unamused tone.

"What's with the sudden family reunion?" Albus asks with a suspicious look.

"Dani wants to know more about the Longbottom kid." He says as he sits agains the side of the bridge, finally dropping the act toward Albus, "She's got a crush." He whispers loudly.

"I do not have a crush on him." I kick James in the arm harder than I had expected, before sitting down next to him, "I'm trying to find out more about all of the new guys, they just seem off to me, and I wanna know why." I finish explaining when Albus joins us on the floor.

"There's no point in trying to find out why you have the curiosity. They're all bad guys, no point in pursuing something if you're just going to get hurt along the way." Albus tries to explain.

"And you're one to tell me to steer clear of danger?" I raise my voice cheekily at Albus, looking at him with a judgmental face. 

"She's got you there Albus." James chimes in.

"I'm just telling you that because even I know that looking for an explanation for any of those guys being here is a bad idea. You're already on their radar, because of the little incident on the train, if they find out that you've been asking around about, that could put yourself and our family in danger." He explains to me.

"Incident on the train?" James asks with soggily eyebrows toward me.

"Longbottom bumped into me. No big deal." I explain.

"Told you she's in love with him." James smirks toward Albus before getting a sharp slap over the head.

"Idiots. Okay, fine. You win. I won't ask anymore questions - if you answer one." I bargain.

"What's the question?" He sighs and crosses his arms and leans his head on my shoulder tiredly.

"Scorpius is a malfoy, and apparently so is Alex, does he know if they're related or if it's just a coincidence?" I ask seriously.

"I asked him the same thing, he said he's never even heard of an Alexander Malfoy in his family before, so I highly doubt they're related and if they are, it's extremely distant."

"I find that hard to believe, everyone always says how frantic the Malfoy are about keeping family together. He would have to know if they're related. Maybe it's a fake name?" I turn toward Albus, who looks at me with a worried look.

"Maybe He's from scorpius' mother's side." James shouts thinking he's solved the case.

I groan loudly at my brothers clear stupidity.

"He wouldn't have the malfoy name if it was from his mom's side. He would be Alexander Greengrass. I think it's just a coincidence, Dani. They don't look alike at all and the fact that Scorpius has never heard of him kinda proves that point." Albus explains.

"I know you're right, but it's still going to be bothering me."

"Sometimes you have to ignore things that bother you, I've been doing it with James since we arrived at Hogwarts." I look toward James and see him staring at Albus with a horrified look.

"I am not a bother." He says, noticeably offended.

"Yes you are." Albus replies.

"No I'm not."

Their arguing goes on for a few more seconds before I get up, ready to say goodbye.

"Goodnight Dani, hope your Prince Charming won't be a mystery to you for the rest of your life." James yells and I instantly roll my eyes at him, leaving the two boys with a long sigh and an extended middle finger as I walk away.

When I get back to the common room, Julie is sitting on the couch looking very agitated.

"What's wrong?" I speak as I jump onto the couch next to her, making her jump slightly over my sudden appearance.

"Oh, nothing." She says calmly, "I just answered the door, to a very cute guy, while looking like this." She points down at her badger pyjamas that she got from me our last Christmas.

"Why was a cute guy at our door?" I ask shocked while sitting down next to her.

"He was actually looking for you." She says while shoving a handful of Bertie botts beans in her mouth.

"Me? who was it?" I furrow my eyebrows when I hold out my hand for some beans as I wait for her to swallow the beans already in her mouth.

"It's the new guy, he said he wanted to talk to you." She says with a mouth still filled with beans.

"Oh. Alex was looking for me? Why couldn't he just ask me in class tomorrow, our first lesson is with Hufflepuff so I would've seen him then anyway."

"No. it wasn't Alex, it was the other one." She tries to think of his name, but gives up after two seconds.

"The other Hufflepuff or the Slytherin?"

"Slytherin." She mumbles before sticking some more beans in her mouth.

Why was he looking for me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 10.5K 49
"So, you can see ghosts that aren't really there?" "I can see their spirit." "Can you tell them I love them?" "They know, and they love you too." ***...
1.9K 71 15
in which a girl meets three ghost boys and form a band my take on julie and the phantoms season two
18.7K 513 26
"listen to these lyrics, Julie. Listen to what you wrote." ----------------------------------- Julie, Luke, Reggie, Alex, and Flynn, have all been fr...
51.2K 1.2K 24
Aurora Théa Laurent is a new student at Los Feliz High School, a transfer from France. Julie and Flynn instantly take a liking to her and take her un...