The Hunt of the Shadows book...

By Onyx76

After the mission to retreive Apollo's bow and arrow, the infinite team is assigned on a new mission to get t... More

Chapter 1: Making a Replica
Chapter 2 :The Lightning bolt of Zeus
Chapter 4 :The Hologram Room
Chapter 5 :The Mission
Chapter 6 :Jax
Chapter 7 :The Insane Plan Works
Chapter 8 :A Snake's Wrath
Chapter 9 :The Maze of Doom
Chapter 10 :The Lost Father
Chapter 11 :The Risen Shnak
Chapter 12 :The Future Revealed
Preview of Book 3: The Lost Trident Chapter 1 :The Trident of Poseidon

Chapter 3 :In the Mind Palace

2 1 0
By Onyx76

Now the mind palace is where I do my planning and that is where I do tactics. I also do private thinking. Well, I did have this operation when I was eighteen. I did say I did not know the hidden city, but it was not true. I knew it from the start but kept quiet so that my parents will not move into the city. You can say that I planned all these things, except for that time when my house got fire.

I walked to a compartment totally in visible to a naked eye by an angle. It was a CD-shaped portal to my own room made by minerals. I entered in it and I was in my room. This place is private that only my friend, Jax knows. I went to one room and I sat on a mat.

I imagined myself at the Empire State Building and the buildings surrounding it. Then, I visualize the weather around it. After that, I went into the building and went to level 80. I went around the place and found a crack in a wall. I imagined I have a sword with the cross-guard was curved and I charged the sword with mercurium energy and stabbed the cracked wall. I released the energy and the wall exploded. I looked inside and there was the lightning bolt. Then, I imagined myself in Starbucks enjoying coffee while thinking and I was like meditating but thinking for solutions. I was thinking deep inside my mind for solutions. I can feel my neurons running far faster than the flash and I found a solution, but it has risks. All my insane plans always have risks. I opened my eyes in Starbucks and I finished my drink. I left the café and left my mind palace.

I opened my eyes and closed them again. I think of connecting my visualization to Jax. Jax's visualization and I are far crazier than you think. We can somehow connect each other because that is the Shadow's power, and nobody knew it except for Jax and me.

I imagined myself in the Shadow's hall in London. Suddenly, Jax appeared and shouted, "I been summoned!"

"Hey what's up," I said.

"Bro, I'm fine," he replied.

"I found a solution."

"Let me guess, you went into the building and found the lightning bolt. Then, you sat in Starbucks to think seriously, am I right?"

"Pretty much."

"And the plan is insane."

"Yep, far more than you can guess."

"Ohh, Mike has gone insanely crazy."

I laughed, "Yeah pretty much."

"So," said Jax his faced suddenly stern, "What's the solution?"

I told him the solution.

"Yep this is pretty insane and sick."

"Yeah and that's our only option."

"I agree."

"Then let's go."

"Yeah, I'm already there."

"Ha-ha, I'll be there with my team," I said and left the mind palace.

I opened my eyes and left the room. I swiped my hand to the right and a hologram came up. The weather is worse. I need to get there ASAP. I left my secret room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32 16 17
Two years has passed since the last mission. The trident of Poseidon calls out, and the team is back to business. After the mission, something inside...
20 1 17
Grieved by hearing too many cynics trashing their culture, a small group of scientists gathered together to pursue their dream in proving them wrong...
5.8K 282 19
Newly 21 year old Ayden Slider discovers during his birthday party that weird things are happening to him all at once. Slowly, these powers start man...
1.1K 94 22
"Our entire lives led us to this moment, only for us to lose in the end. We aren't a team, a family, we never were. We are just a bunch of puzzle pie...