Identity V

Autorstwa naurbcyaur

Detective Orpheus, a miserable young man wo hardly got any orders for his job as a private detective, suddenl... Więcej

The order
A hidden room
Let's have a conversation...
Defeat
The host
Dinner
Escape
Breathe
Quick info about the story
Run!
We did it
Welcome back
Where are the others?
Dreams are dangerous
The common room
Carneval
Memories
Past Mistakes
Puzzle
Orpheus

The game begins

23 1 0
Autorstwa naurbcyaur

Vera's Diary

I quickly woke up due to the sounds of a crow, that was flying past me.

Where was I? I looked around me and saw that I was in a different place.
I was outside laying on the grass. To my right, I saw a rusty and old building that looked like it could fall apart every moment. It didn't just look rusty..
It looked kinda... burnt.

I didn't know this place.. I had no idea where I was and if I was alone, or if some of the others were here with me. I took another look at the burnt building.

I frowned and furrowed my brow due to the flickering light inside the building.

I saw it through the broken window. If you can even call that thing a window... It was more like a big, gross hole...

I carefully sneaked inside the building, towards the flickering, bright light.
What was that?

A big machine stood before me.
I didn't know what it was, or what it was made for.

Were this the machines we were supposed to fix?

How is this even supposed to work! The shiny tinplates revolved around the big cipher on top of it. Some wires were leaking out of this mess of a machine and a big bar out of iron, that was attached to one of the tinplates, stuck out of the machine.

It had a bright and giant sort of lamp fixated to its top. I raised an eyebrow and started to quickly walk away. Where are the others? This is ridiculous... and way too absurd to be real.

Luca's diary

I cold wind blew in my face.
The coldness made me wake up.

As I got up slightly too fast, my whole body started to ace extremely bad.
Everything was twirling around.

I pulled a wry face and softly ran over the back of my head with my fingers.
Even this gently touch made the pain even worse.
I finally opened my eyes and slowly tried to stand up.
Were was I?

Broken and cracked walls surrounded me. How did I get here? What the hell is this place! Is someone trying to trick me?! I tried to remember what happened yesterday.

1. Tracy Reznik came out of nowhere and started talking to me.

2. I ate dinner with these creeps Vera, Aesop and Patricia.

3. We woke up, tied to a chair in another dining room.

4. We probably got drugged, according to our mastermind Aesop.

And 5. I woke up here, in the middle of nowhere...

"Hey! Who ever did this shit, come out and let me go! What the hell do you want!"

I sighed.
What the hell was I doing? This won't do anything. The others must be here too, maybe I could find them and maybe one of them has a plan on how to get out of this mess...

I sighed again and started walking. As I looked forward, I saw a giant building in front of me. It looked like a huge, old and broken factory. But it didn't just look old and broken, it even looked burnt.

What the hell happened here?

I carefully walked towards the building.
Through the smashed window I could see a flickering, bright light. I walked towards a big hole in the wall, next to the window. As I stepped into the building I quickly looked to my right and then my left.

Ugh.. Look who's here!

"Miss Vera Nair..."

I crossed my arms and leaned against the cracked wall next to the entrance.
Vera quickly turned around with a bit of fear, but also relief in here eyes. She exhaled loudly.

"Oh thank god another human being! I thought I was alone in here..."

She took a step towards me.

"Wow, last time you saw me you weren't quite as happy."

She took a deep breath.

"Ugh come on, don't be silly. You're just as happy as me to see that you're not alone out here. Don't play dumb."

I smirked "You wish."

She looked a bit angry.
Scary...

"Well can you at least tell me where the others are? And what the hell this is supposed to be?!"

I opened my mouth to say something but I got cut off.

"Don't you get it, the game has begun. This is the game and we must be ready to play it any time."

Aesop entered the building too now and instead of hello he dropped one of his discoveries... Now the only one who's missing is Miss Dorval.. Vera seemed a bit shocked.

"You're right Mr.Carl..."

She pointed at something behind her.

"And this must be one of the machines we need to fix.."

I raised an eyebrow.

"A cipher machine? "

Vera looked at me with wide open eyes.

" You know what that is?"
I laughed.

„ Of course I do! They're not that easy to fix though, once their broken and uncoordinated...Back in the day I used to work with these things almost every day! Before I got sent to.."

I sighed, this was not the time to talk about that so I just stopped myself.

Aesop looked at me.
" Getting emotional, Mr. Balsa?"

I rolled my eyes.

" Ha Ha.. Just shut u-"

What was that?

We all  entered some sort of trance, when we heard a blood curdling scream, full of pure terror, echo through this strange place.
Our eyes widened and we didn't move one bit. We didn't blink, didn't even breath. We all knew what it was and who it was. We didn't know what happened, but we were sure it was something really, really terrible...
We all thought the same but no one wanted to admit it. After a few more seconds of a rigid of pure fear, Vera decided to speak up.

"Patricia"

Patricia's Diary

After I woke up in this strange place, I tried to find the others around here.

They must be somewhere, since we were all tied to some chairs together in that other dining room, you could also call it a lobby.
Does that make sense? Not really, but who cares.

I started to walk around and I frowned as I saw that huge walls out of stone and iron were surrounding this location and with that they were surrounding me too..

I slowly turned my gaze to the big door made out of metal, which stood a few meters before me.
I started to run towards it happily.
But my hope and happiness died only a few seconds after.
I noticed that you need to enter a code to get out of here, due to the code bar next to it.
I tried to open the giant door anyway but my conclusion was right, it didn't open. It didn't matter how much I pushed my whole body against it, nothing happened.

I sighed.

I slowly turned around and my hope came back to me.

I saw someone standing a few meters away from me. This must be one of the others!

I smiled and got a bit relieved while I was running towards the person.

I stopped as I got closer.

This person was no one I knew.

A tall guy with a long braid stood before me.
His angular head slowly turned around with a cracked smile on his face. His dark eyes looked directly through me. He was way over 6 foot tall and extremely skinny. It made him look sick...

His clothing was torn and dirty, but the umbrella in one if his hands still looked clean and elegant. I didn't think this guy was going to help me.

I slowly stepped away but he had already noticed me.
I stood there in some kind of trance, my eyes were wide opened and denied to close themselves.

He took a giant step towards me and drew out his umbrella, which made my eyes widen.
Out of reflex, my body tried to dodge the hit directly, but I failed.
The sharp and long top of the umbrella stabbed me deep in the flesh of my arm.
Deep red blood was running along my arm to my hand and dripped down onto the skirt of my dress. My vains were cramped and I couldn't help but scream.

If the others were really here, they must have heard me and maybe they will come to help me! But then they would be in danger too.

I put my thoughts aside and started running.

This was not a good moment to think about this.
I was able to run a few meters while he wiped my blood off his umbrella.
My hand reached to my enchanted skull, so I had the chance to defend myself. I was taught voodoo my whole life, so I am a master in my craft and would be able to use it against this wicked creature...

- - - - - - - - -

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

48 0 9
each part will take us through a new world, we will traverse multiple genres and plots in this short story anthology book. There will be mystery and...
766 37 30
Alice DeRoss returns to the Oletus Manor once again, having hope that she can figure out what is happening. However, it seems that another game is ha...
450K 14.7K 33
COMPLETED at 79092 Words (only story) 'Remember. Control.' Ding. I walk into a underground tunnel that seems to have no exit except the weird elevato...
154 7 11
Eve Mallory doesn't know who she is. With mysterious scars on her back and tattoos along her arms, she is at a loss of what has happened in her past...