Araw-Araw (Playlist Series 1)...

By NamelessLian

Playlist series #1 Cold-hearted and pessimistic Psychology major Ashton has two goals in mind: focus his eyes... More

P R O L O G U E
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Author's Note

19

48 3 1
By NamelessLian

Ashton's P.O.V

"I'm really sorry," Pag-uulit ko. I can't believe I'm in this situation right now. Kasalanan ko naman kasi talaga, but my damn pride is overflowing and now, my conscience won't let me sleep peacefully for three fucking nights.

'Now, she won't even look at me in the eyes. She's treating me the same way I treated her before,' The guilt is eating me alive. I have reflected well from my actions towards Gwyneth and the frequent scolding from the trio did got me thinking. Buti na nga lang at hindi nila naikwento kay Dad or else I'd get the greatest scolding of my life.

"Sure," Was all her reply. I deserve this treatment. Napataas ako ng kilay sa tono ng boses niya. This is the first time I heard her talk to me this way and I completely understood why. She was looking behind me as if I was invisible to her. Para rin siyang may hinahanap kahit alam kong ako lang ang inaantay niya. I was smiling internally dahil sa kunehong ito.

"Seriously, though. I really am sorry. I know it was out of line---" I started but she cut my words off.

"Hera, tara na. Okay na pala," Naguluhan lang yung kasama niya sa kanya.

"Akala ko ba---?" Nahinto yung sinasabi ng kaibigan ni Gwyneth at umakmang aalis. I panicked for a bit and did the only thing that ran across my mind: hinarangan ko ang dadaanan niya at tinitigan siya. I know she won't be able to resist me. Napataas lang ang kilay niya but I can see that she's trying to fight back a smile.

'She's really enjoying seeing me this, huh?' Hindi ko na alam kung ano na yung tumatakbo sa isipan ko. I was practically beating down my pride, just for Gwyneth. Something I have never done to anyone before.

"Come on now, bunny. I'm sorry. I feel so bad for saying that. It was a really bad joke. Please?" I looked at her with slightly soft pleading eyes. This time, I called her by the name I always describe her as. Aksidente lang naman pero bigla na lang lumabas sa mga labi ko yung palayaw na iyon. I don't really know what's happening with me lately after that incident.

'The all mighty Ashton Magsaysay, being all this cringey. What the fuck?' Kung andito lang yung tatlo to witness this, they will never let me live peacefully. Baka gamitin pa nila itong scenariong 'to against me. Buti na lang pala talaga at hindi nila naisipang sumama.

"Aarte ka pa, teh? Nagsosorry na crush mo oh. Hindi ko alam kung ano nangyari pero ayan na oh," I heard her friend say in a hush tone. It was actually loud enough for me to hear it. I looked back at Gwyneth and nodded a bit in agreement pero parang hindi niya ata ako napansin. Her friend whispered something in her ear once again which made Gwyneth glare at her.

"Fine," Nagbuntong hininga lang siya at napipilitang patawarin ako. I made an awe face, not believing her tone. Paano ba naman, tunog napipilitan. I don't want to force her to make peace if she really don't want to.

"Pilit?"

"Oh edi 'wag. Madali lang naman akong kausap eh---"

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry! Again!"

'She's really enjoying this game. I didn't know I have this side of me. I also didn't know she has this side of her. As a matter of fact, I don't know anything about her yet she seems like she knows everything there is to know about me,'

"Ang cute mo," Narinig kong bulong niya kaya naman napangiti ako dahil don. This means we're good, right? Sabi na, hindi niya rin ako matitiis. I may come off as a 'jerk' but I know how to apologize and owe up to my wrong doings. Ngumiwi ang gilid ng labi ni Gwyneth, pinpilit pa ring itago ang ngiti.

'That's it, smile. Like you always do,' Hindi natatapos ang araw na hindi ko nakikita ang toothy smile nitong babaeng ito. She made me get use to it.

"Ash!" I heard somebody called my name. Someone who's very familiar to me. We all looked at her direction and saw Coleen walking towards us. The atmosphere suddenly went all tense.

'What is she doing here?' She was walking in her usual style, designer bag clutched in her right arm.

"Hello... Uhm...?" Her brows are furrowed in confusion as she turn to Gwyneth and her friend. Napaayos ng tayo si Gwyneth. As I observe her reactions, I can't help but wonder as to what she thinks of Coleen.

'Now that the woman she's ever so curious about is in front of her, I wonder what runs inside her wild mind?'

"Hi! I'm Coleen. Ashton's friend. And you are?" Masayang pagbati ni Coleen sa dalawang freshmen sa aming harapan. Nanatali lang kaming tahimik, with Coleen still waiting for Gwyneth to shake her hand and Gwyneth looking so star struck. What the hell is she thinking about?

"Hindi ba siya yung-- ooft!" Rinig kong bulong ng kaibigan kay Gwyneth. Nahinto lang siya sa sasabihin nang sikuhin siya ni Gwyneth sa sikmura.

"Hera hahaha uhm... this is my best friend, Hera. I'm Gwyneth," Gwynth said awkwardly. She looked at me with anticipation, probably waiting for me to say something about her.

"Juniors from school," Yun na lang ang sinabi ko.

"Oh really? From UC din?" Coleen looked at me in surprise.

'Why does everything in my life sound so surprising for her?' Umay.

"Yep!" Magiliw na sagot ng kaibigan ni Gwyneth. I really need to start remembering names. I have to stop being bad at it.

"Hera," Gwyneth said in a warning tone and gave her friend a knowing look.

"I'm from UP kase, the Baguio campus. Nice to meet you both!" Coleen shook both Gwyneth and her friend's hand. Medyo awkward pa rin si Gwyneth sa kanya but her friend was acting normal. Weird.

"Hindi mo man lang ako tinawagan na pupunta ka today?" While Coleen was busy making acquaintances with the two other girls, lumapit ako sa kanya at bumulong. I really didn't expect to see her here today. Or any day at all. I was expecting to have everything go back to normal, the normal without Coleen.

'Honestly, not that I am still bitter about what happened to her and I but why can't she take a hint?' Being with her right now feels kind of complicated.

"Surprise?" She whispered back, the smile on her face never left.

"Whatever,"

"Oops hahaha," She acted sorry when she really isn't. That made me frown.

'She's doing things as she like. Since when did she started being that way?'

"So...what are you guys doing here today?" Iniba ni Coleen ang usapan para makarelate yung dalawa.

"Support lang ng training ng mga Jaguars..." "For Ashton po..." Magkasabay na sumagot ang dalawang magkaibigan na nasa harapan namin. Nagkatinginan pa sila bago nagreact si Gwyneth. She has this hilarious horror look on her face.

"Hera!" Hinampas niya ulit ang kaibigan.

"Oh bakit? Hindi ba?" Gwyneth's friend replied, wincing as she rub the sore spot where she got hit.

'Cute,' This bunny never really failed to amuse me. Her face can now be compared to a bright red tomato because of how she's blushing hard. Add in the fact that she has a lighter skin compared to her friend's and mine.

"Really? That's nice. I'm here for Ashton as well," Coleen nodded at their direction.

"Magsaysay! Locker room!" Narinig kong sigaw ng bagong coach.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I turned to the three girls who were looking at me curiously.

"I'll leave you guys here for now. I'm gonna go ahead. I'll join you guys later," I said before pattin Coleen on her shoulders and giving Gwyneth and her friend a nod.

"Sure!" Coleen replied chirpily. That made me squint my eyes at her, knowing she'll probably do or say something to the other two.

"Don't intimidate them, Coles. They're just kids," I joked.

"I would never!" Coleen gasp exaggeratedly, even putting her hand on her chest as if I just offended her.

"Kidding," I shook my head and chuckled lightly before hearing someone from the team called me out again.

"Yo! Ashton!"

"Be right there! Damn it!" Naiinis kong sagot pabalik.

'Mga atat,' I gave the three girls one last glance before jogging my way towards the locker room where the team meeting is held at. There's only a few of us right now in the team as only few freshmen have joined and the seniors from last year just graduated. Pumwesto na kami sa kung saan kami pwede maupo habang ng-aannounce ang bagong coach. I actually did like the new coach compared to the last one. That old coach wasn't even the head coach, just an assistant one but he acts like he owns us and treated us like shit.

"First line up to go for the freestyle 200 metres : Dulao, Corpuz, Sungcuan at Magsaysay. Susunod for back stroke 100 metres: Valdez, Casapao..." Narinig kong binanggit na ng bagong coach yung line up for the training later on. A 200 metres freestyle with two of the freshies. This is going to be fun, especially when messing around with these newbies.

"Nako tol, mga frosh katapat natin ah. Pahabaan na naman ng biyas 'to!" Sambit ni Theo habang ipinatong niya ang mabigat niyang kanang braso sa balikat ko. I tried waving off his annoying arm but no to avail.

"I don't care," I just shrugged. Wala naman akong pakialam sa kanila as long as they don't drag the whole team down. Ibang usapan na iyon.

"Sino na namang walang dalang goggles? You ladies better prepare your own," I heard the coach said calmly. He sounded annoyed but he's probably trying his best to tolerate the bratty attitude some freshmen brought in the team.

"Agagalet na naman ang coach," Pao yawned. Theo, Pao, Geoff and I were the only third years left. We're basically seniors considering that we're under the trimester calendar under our programs. The rest of the members are second years and freshies.

'Freshies who mostly bring us trouble,' Mga sakit sa ulo but I don't blame them. We used to be like them in our junior years, even way back in high school.

"At least he ain't the old coach. That old bastard gets mad at everything," I chuckled at that thought. That son of a bitch is a real pain in the ass.

"True. Kaunti na lang pati paghinga bawal. Good thing he's gone. Sadist old man," Geoff sighed.

"It's the freshies who always gets us in trouble," Theo added.

"Damn right, you got that. We should've been stricter with the boys. If only we knew they'd turn out this way,"

"Oh asan ang head cap mo? Hindi ba ang sinabi ko bring your own?" I looked over at the direction where the newbies are lind up and the new coach check up on them. Having the improper gear for swimming can seriously cause some damage to the swimmer.

"Sa lahat ng galit, siya pinaka-kalmadong galit. That shits 10 times scarier," We all chuckled. The coach was shaking his head in disappoinment. Marahan niyang hinahampas na ulo ng rolyo ng papel ang mga newbies dahil sa mga kalokohan ng mga ito.

'Brings me back to the good old days,'

"Oh shit. We need to do something about these unruly rascals," Pao said.

"Let them clean the whole Olympic pool," I suggested. Masyadong mababaw pa nga na punishment iyon kung tutuosin. I just don't really care that much about those rascals as long as they don't cost the team something.

"Or, we could like, make them buy food for us and do some harsh routines?" Suhwestiyon naman ni Geoff. Not a bad idea.

"I guess," We all agreed.

"That'll teach 'em--" I was about to say something when I was cut off by loud noises. It was commin from outside. It seems like people are screaming about something. It all startled us and out of curiosity, we all stood up to see what was up.

"What the hell is that commotion all about?" Tila nabasa ni coach yung nasa utak ko as he started making his way outside the locker room. We all followed him as well, para lang makiososyo.

"Oh my god! Gwyneth! Coleen!" Once I heard the names being yelled by someone, I hurriedly ran towards the direction from here the commotion is happening. Some children are standing by, there was no adult supervision or anything. All I saw was two people on the pool, struggling. Gwyneth's friend was the one who was screaming for help.

'What the hell? Where's Coleen? And where the fuck is Gwyneth?' Whatever. Somebody needs help. Their position is at the deepest part of the pool, which isn't good especially for non-swimmers.

"Valdez! Magsaysay! San kayo pupunta?!" Narinig kong sigaw ng coach but we didn't listened. Magkasunod kaming tumakbo ni Pao to rescue whoever was at the pool. It didn't really occurred to me yet who was drowning in the pool. All I know in my head was save whoever it was. I don't want anyone to repeat what happened to my brother. I can't just stand by when I know I can do something. I jumped in rescuing the one near me but Pao got them first.

"I'm okay! Pull me up!" To my shock, it was Coleen.

'Which means the other is...Fuck!' Dali-dali akong lumangoy sa ilalim. Gwyneth was frantically moving but her movements are starting to get slower. It means she's getting tired already and she's starting to let the water in to her lungs. I swam faster to get to her. My heart is beating so fast and hard. Once I got to her, I quickly pulled her up to the surface where the others are waiting for us. I swam to the edge of the pool where Geoff was waiting. He helped me pulled her up. Once we were settled, I quickly took up the space beside Gwyneth to make sure she's okay.

'Fuck. She's not moving,' With no other thoughts in my head, I performed CPR on her. I started blowing on her mouth and started making chest compressions. I did it for about three times before she started coughing out water. That made me sighed in relief. I turned to Coleen for a bit to see if she's okay.

"You okay, Coles?"

"Nahila ko siya! Oh my god! Hindi ko alam that she can't swim! It was an accident!" Coleen said in panicked. I was about to reassure her that it wasn't entirely her fault when I heard Gwyneth's friend called me out for help.

"Kuya..." I heard her say. I went back to Gwyneth and saw her still struggling to breath. She was coughing still, gasping heavily and her eyes are still close. She was paler than ever and that scared me. She could've hit her head on the impact when they fell to the pool so I inspect her for any wounds I should be aware of. Mahirap na baka lumala ang sitwasyon. Thankfully, there wasn't any serious wounds on her body or head. That made me sighed in relief once again.

"Gwyneth? Bunny? Hey? Come on. Please. Open your eyes for me. That's it. Hey, hey it's okay. You're okay," I softly spoke to her as I gently assisted her in sitting up. Out of nowhere, my body moved by itself like a reflex and hugged her. Maybe it's the fact that I was so in panic and I didn't know what else to do so my body moved on its own. Right now, I don't really care much about. All I want to do is to make sure she's okay.

"Talk to me? Please? Bunny, say something. Tell me what you're feeling," Gwyneth just stopped coughing but she wasn't speaking but is now breathing heavily, like a panic attack is about to occur. Nakatulala lang siya, na parang may humila sa kanya sa ibang dimensyon at hindi ko alam kung paano ko siya hihilahin pabalik. I pulled out of the hug and take note of Gwyneth's state. She was hugging herself, shivering so bad probably from both the cold and from what just happened. I held her face to make her look at me, but she was so lost in her mind that she's not responding to anything I am saying. Her eyes were blank.

"You're fine now. Wala ka na sa tubig. You're safe here with us now," I tried reassuring her. Kung ano-anong comforting words na ang lumalabas sa bibig ko just so Gwyneth can hear them. Thankfully, her labored breathing slowed down and I felt her relaxed a little bit. Nanatili ang mga palad ko sa nanlalamig niyang pisngi.

"Hindi ko alam na hindi siya marunong lumangoy," I heard Gwyneth's friend say. Maski ako, hindi ko alam. Marami pa rin akong hindi alam and now, I just witnessed one of Gwyneth's weaknesses.

'This girl is so full of surprises,' She pulled out this feelings out of me that I didn't know I was still capable of showing.

"Oh my god Gwyneth. I'm so sorry," Narinig ko si Coleen. She tried reaching out to Gwyneth but I just slowly pulled Gwyneth closer into a protective hug.

"Coles, don't...." I looked at Coleen and shook my head no. Gwyneth can't even respond to me. I am not going to force her to respond to Coleen's apology right now. She doesn't need that as of the moment. Ang tanging kailangan niya ngayon ay mapunta sa ligtas na lugar.

"Hey hey hey.... You're safe now. I'm here. Ashton's here. I'm here now," I looked back at Gwyneth and felt her shaking worsened. She started clutching her head and looks like she's in pain.

'Fuck. It got worse. What the hell even happened while I was gone?'

"Shhhh.... You're ok, you're ok. We're out of the water now. You're safe. I saved you. You're safe now..." I tried soothing her, pero mukhang pasok sa isang tenga labas sa kabila ang nangyayari.

A painful headache, the violent trembling and trouble concentrating: reminds me a lot of post traumatic stress disorder. Usually, people who are in this kind of situation would show various kinds of emotions: from fear to anger to shame and such. But what I just saw was Gwyneth looking like she's reliving a memory in her head. And I could recognize the symptoms because of a topic we once had in our course. I've never witness an attack personally, but I am a bit familiar with the signs. I wasn't entirely sure if that's what Gwyneth has since that's her business and I don't want to pry with it, so I don't want to assume.

Pero ito na siguro yung sinasabi ng tatay ni Gwyneth sa amin nong gabing iyon, her thing with trauma. If her trigger is by the pool, why was she here in the first place?

'Damn it. Right. Because I was here. Tanga mo Ashton,' Kasalanan ko pa ata kung bakit nag-escalate sa ganitong sitwasyon ang lahat.

"What happened here? Magsaysay?"

"I'll explain later coach,"

"Ashton I didn't mean to do that to her," Coleen tried to explained but I just waved her off. My top priotity right now is to get Gwyneth out of this place.

"It's okay, Coleen. Pau, get us some towels. Coleen, call someone to fetch you. Theo, help her get home. You, help me take Gwyneth to the clinic," Utos ko sa kanila. In no time, everyone were moving. Pau went back to the locker room to get us some towels while Theo assisted Coleen to get some robes to cover up and Gwyneth's friend helped me with Gwyneth.

~

"Anong nangyari?" Yan ang naging bungad sa'min ng isa sa mga nurse ng clinic sa school. I needed to get Gwyneth to the closest and safest place we could think of kaya bumalik kami sa campus which is literally a few meters away. Buti na lang at nakapagbihis pa ako sa sasakyan or else I would literally show up to the campus in just my swimming trunks.

"She fell in to the pool," I replied curtly. I wasn't paying much attention to the attending nurses as my eyes are preoccupied with Gwyneth's state. She doesn't look stable so I'm looking out for her.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Tanong sa'kin ng kaibigan ni Gwyneth who I now remembered whose name is Hera. She look a bit shaken up as well because of what happened. I think both of us still are.

"What even happened? Nalingat lang ako saglit and now, she almost drowned. What happened?" Napahilamos ako ng mukha. I got a bit frustrated because I didn't know what happened. I was dying to know what happened but no one said a word to me about it, not even Hera because she herself is still unstable due to the incident that involved her friend.

"Nag-uusap lang kasi kami sa t-tabi nung p-pool tapos yung mga b-bata bigla na lang nagtakbuhan. Nadulas si Coleen tapos nahila niya sa pool si G-Gwyn," Nauutal-utal na paliwanag niya. I sighed and leaned against the wall, just beside Gwyneth's bed.

'Shit,' Nanatiling nakaupo si Gwyneth sa kama, still not uttering a word. Ni hindi nga siya nag-ingay o lumikha ng kahit anong tunog. Balisa pa rin siya but at least she stopped shaking badly. She'd tremble a bit but I think that's because of the cold.

"Tatalon naman talaga sana ako para iligtas siya pero hindi ako marunong lumangoy sa malalim. Oh my god, this is my fault!" I heard Hera blame herself. Napa-angat ang ulo ko mula sa pagkakayuko at tinignan siya.

"It's not. Hindi niyo naman napredict yung mangyayari so stop blaming yourself. Your friend needs you right now," Yan ang sinabi ko sa kanya. Maya-maya pa ay lumapit na rin ang isa sa mga clinic nurses at sinubukan niyang kausapin si Gwyneth.

"Neng? Neng, naririnig mo ba ako?"

"I think she's in shock," I butted in. I was worried that she might say something that can worsen Gwyneth's mental state but thankfully, she didn't do or say anything that's offensive. The nurse just let out a 'tsk' before turning back to the other nurses.

'That was not rude at all,' Cue the sarcasm.

"Ayaban yu dayjay nagannak jay ubing tapno maamwan da (Tawagan niyo nga yung parents ng bata to inform them)," Pag-iilocano niya sa mga kasamahan. Hera and I remind standing by Gwyneth's bed. Hera was frantically texting or calling someone, probably Gwyneth's family while I was figuring out how to help Gwyneth's situation. I feel like I played a faulty part as to why we got to this point.

"Kitan yu jay i.d na jay emergency nga number nga nakakabil dita tapno makontak jay nagannak na (Check niyo sa i.d yung emergency number niya para macontact yung parents)," Hinayaan ko na lang na gawin ng mga clinic staff ang mga dapat nilang gawin while I tried talking to Gwyn.

"Gwyneth? Hey? Talk to me. It's Ashton," She was noticeably shivering from the cold. She's still drenched from head to toe so I decided to sat beside her and wrapped her in a blanket.

"Kanina pa siya hindi nakurap. I'm scared," Napansin ni Hera. I looked over Gwyneth's face. She was right, Gwyneth's face is pure emotionless. It was as if life was sucked out of her and there's no getting it back.

"Don't. She needs you right now. Come on, try it. Try talking to her. Baka marecognize ka niya," I advised her. It could work. Even if it didn't, it's still worth a try.

"Gwyn, si Hera 'to. Mamsh," I let Hera talk to her while I try to get an update from the staff regarding Gwyneth's family.

"Ano ba nangyari, ading?" Tanong ng isang nurse na babae.

"There was an incident by the pool po. I wasn't sure with the entire details pero ang alam ko lang is they accidentally fell down in the pool," I looked over the two girls' direction and saw Hera not making any progress. This has become a very serious matter.

"Natawagan ko na parents niya. Parating na daw Ate niya. Kako dalhan siya ng pamalit," Dumating naman ang isang clinic staff na lalaki. He gave me a sympathetic smile.

'This is my fault. If only I wasn't a stubborn asshole then maybe hindi si Gwyneth ang lalapit para lang makapag-apologize ako,' But there's no point in blaming anyone because it already happened.

"She still shaking?" I approach the two and asked Hera. She nodded sadly before stepping back to check her phone to call or text someone again. I cleared my throat a bit to get Gwyneth's attention. Pero mukhang wala talagang effect lahat ng ginagawa namin. I was still bothered by the fact that I just witnessed her show signs of someone with trauma.

'She's gonna get sick from the cold. I need to do something,' The hot packs from the clinic isn't cut for it. She is still trembling from being too cold. Sobrang lamig pa naman ngayon ng Baguio.

'I have to do this. Wala namang malisya dito unless lagyan nila,' I am seriously out of my mind but I don't care. I sat beside her and did what my mind is telling me to do.

'Wrapped your hands around her. Body heat can be effective,' I went ahead with what my instinct's telling me to do and did not think twice to do so. Wala namang nakapansin sa'min and I am more than okay with that. Instantly, Gwyneth began relaxing to my touch. It's like her body knew my touch and perfectly mold itself against mine. I felt her breathing becoming more steady. That made me relief.

"You're okay. I'm here," I whispered into her ear. Hindi ko sigurado kung naririnig na ba niya ako but what I said is genuine. I might've been an asshole towards her the past few months but she pulled me out of my bubble. I stopped being a ticking time bomb after I met her.

"Gwyn? Gigi?" Naputol ang mga agam-agam ko nang marinig ko ang boses ng isang pamilyar na babae. Ate na pala ito ni Gwyneth. Mukhang kakaalis niya lang sa trabaho at tumakbo agad diretso dito. She looked worried as hell.

"Over here po," Agad na akong kumalas sa pagkakayakap ko kay Gwyneth upang bigyan ng space ang Ate niya.

"Ate!" Rinig kong tawag ni Hera sa kanya habang papalapit ito.

"Tumawag sa'kin si Mama and I came here as soon as I could," Gwyneth's older sister explained as she hurriedly positioned herself in front of Gwyneth to inspect her of any injuries.

"Hera, anong nangyari? Bakit basang-basa yan?" Tanong nito kay Hera.

"Nahulog po siya sa pool," Napayuko si Hera nang sumagot siya.

"What the- Anong ginagawa niyo sa pool?! Don't you know that she---," Pagalit na inumpisahan nito ang mga salita ngunit pinutol niya din ang sarili at umiling bago pa siya makapagsiwalat ng mga importante at personal na impormasyon.

'What was that all about? Why did she cut off herself?' Little by little, I started trying to put everything piece by piece trying to figure out a part of Gwyneth's life.

"Siya po kasi nagpasama. Aksidentenpo yung nangyari, Ate. Hindi ko po alam na magiging ganto," Napayuko at halos mangiyak-ngiyak na wika ni Hera.

"My goodness, Gwyneth!" Napasapo ng noo ang Ate ni Gwyneth bago naupo sa tabi nito. I remained standing, confused with this situation.

'What's happening?'

"Gigi. Andito na si Ate," Gwyneth's older sister cupped the unresponsive Gwyneth. She forced her little sister to look at her in the eyes, probably trying to pull her back to reality. Pinanuod ko lang ang unti-unti at dahan-dahang pagkurap ng mga mata ni Gwyneth. Ilang sandali pa ay nag-salita na rin ito. I let out a breath I didn't noticed I was holding.

"Ate?" Tears started glistening Gwyneth's eyes. Now that I am seeing this, I cannot believe I am saying this but I am starting to hate the fact that there are tears in her eyes. Kahit ano pa ang rason, kahit ako pa yan.

'Maybe it's the spur of the moment that's why I am being weird all day. Yeah, that must be the reason behind all of these thoughts. That must be the only reason,'

"Shh... It's okay. Shhh..." Sinubukan ng Ate ni Gwyneth na patahanin ito.

"Yung bata, Ate. Kasalanan ko yun eh," Narinig kong hikbi ni Gwyneth.

'Bata? Kasalanan? What is she talking about?' I became more confused and curious as to what she's talking about. However, I took a step back and refrained myself from asking. Hindi ito ang tamang oras at hindi ko naman iyon business.

"Hey, hey. Hindi mo kasalanan 'yon, okay? Wala kang kasalanan," The older sister wiped Gwyneth's tears that are now freely running down her cheeks.

"Tahan na. Gigi, come on. We both know you tried your best to save that kid," The older sister reassured her.

'Save the what now?' I looked over Hera, whose as curious as I am.

"Halika na, magbihis ka na. Uuwi na tayo," The older sister stood up and picked up a paper bag which I assume contains Gwyneth's stuff. Just as they were about to go to the restroom for Gwyneth to change clothes, I stopped them and said the words I never thought I am able to say again.

"Let me drive you home po," This is the third time I offered a ride for Gwyneth and it's starting to make me get use to it.

"Thank you," The older sister thanked me and gave me a sad smile before fully entering the restroom to help her little sister get change or else she might caught a cold.

"Ano bang nangyayari kay Gwyn?" Nag-aalalang tanong sa'kin ni Hera. I glanced over her direction and saw her still staring at the restroom door, worry is painted all over her face.

"I don't know. Do you?" I shrugged a bit and asked her back.

"No. I'm worried. Ngayon ko lang siyang nakitang nagkaganon," Aniya.

'Just what are you hiding, Gwyneth? You make me feel so ridiculously curious about you,' A few minutes later, lumabas na din si Gwyneth at ang Ate nito. She is now wearing an over size sweater and sweatpants. She was quiet but I could still hear her small hiccups caused by crying from earlier. My face softened at the sight.

~

"Thank you so much...?" Pasasalamat ng Ate ni Gwyneth as I laid Gwyneth down on their couch. I drove the two sisters back to their home so Gwyneth can rest. I ended up skipping training.

'The coach might punish me but I have a reasonable explanation,' Not that I care that much since they all saw what happened earlier.

"Ashton," I replied.

"Thank you ulit sa pagsalo sa ading ko, Ashton. Pasensya na rin sa abala," Paghingi ng Ate ni Gwyneth ng paumanhin.

"It's fine," I shook my head and gave her a smile. I gave the sleeping bunny one last glance before exchanging a few words with her older sister. I guide myself outside their house.

'That was...something,' I clearly did not know how to react and what to think. I took a deep breath and started the car,driving myself back to the athletic bowl to gather the things I left.

~

Its been a few hours since I got back from the athletic bowl to my condo unit. Kinailangan kong kunin yung mga naiwan kong gamit sa locker room ng olympic pool. Sa taranta ko kanina, hindi ko na napansin na naiwan ko na pala ang ilan sa mga libro ko na kailangan din bukas.

'Should I check up on her?' I've been stressing out whether I should chat Gwyneth or not. It just feels so...weird. Ngayon lang ako magchachat ng babae na ako ang nauna. But this is a different story. I actually feel a little bit bad for what happened earlier. I never should've left them there. Pinaalis ko na lang sana sila.

'Should I? Fuck, no. Ashton, come on man. This would be too weird,' My subconscious is torturing me for the past hour and I just couldn't take it anymore.

'Screw it. I'm worried,' Nag-aalinlangan kong tinitigan ng ilang segundo ang screen ng phone ko bago ko ito binuksan at nag-compose ng ichachat kay Gwyneth.

Ashton.M: hey.

Ashton.M: you okay now?

Sent

'That's a good short message, right? Who am I kidding. I probably scared her. I just hope I didn't made anything worse,' I sent her a short message which I am hoping she wouldn't read too soon. Hindi ko alam ang irereply ko kung sakaling mabasa na nga niya. Hinihiling ko na lang na tulog na siya at nag-papahinga.

I laid down by my bed and tried relaxing but I just can't. Hindi ko maiwasang mag-anticipate kung mag-rereply ba siya o hindi. Hindi ko na talaga alam ang nangyayari sa'kin and I don't know how to feel about it. The longer I stare at my ceiling, waiting, the more it feels like a torture.

'What's taking her so long to answer? Is she okay?' Fuck, I feel like it's all my fault. If I was a man enough to apologize days ago, then hindi niya maiisipang pumunta sa olympic pool. Edi sana hindi iyon nangyari.

A few moments later, I heard my phone made a sound. Agad akong napatayo sa aking higaan at hinablot mula sa night stand ang aking phone upang tignan kung nagreply na ba siya.

1 notification from Gwyn_Rory!

'Finally!' Wait, what? I paused for a bit. Napaisip ako bigla sa inaasal ko. Napahilamos ako sa kahihiyan. Wala na akong maidahilan pa na rason kung bakit ganito na lang yung kaba sa puso ko. Tanginang libido.

Gwyn_Rory: thank you

Gwyn_Rory: for saving me

'She doesn't sound okay but it's a better response than earlier. It's like she was stuck in her own memory. A memory that must've traumatized her big time,' I waited for a few moments before composing a reply. Ayoko namang isipin niyang binabasa ko agad ang replies niya at excited ako replayan siya. Never in a millions years.

Ashton.M: no problem

Ashton.M: you scared me for a moment...|

'No. I can't say that. I might scare her away for being weird. It sounds too weird coming from me,' Kahit na gaano niya pa ako napakaba kanina, I can't tell her that. Knowing that bunny for months now, baka sisihin niya pa ang sarili niya.

Gwyn_Rory: sorry sa abala

Gwyn_Rory: I'm sorry talaga

'I knew it. She'd apologize over something she can't control. That sounds like her,'

Ashton.M: don't sweat it

Ashton.M: if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask

Gwyn_Rory: I will

Ashton.M: rest up. I'll see you tomorrow

'That was close. Damn it. What was I thinking?' I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding back for the nth time today. This is the second time na ninerbyos ako dahil sa kanya. I can't possibly have grown attached to that bunny, right?

END OF CHAPTER 19

A/N:
Will edit if 'di na tinatamad
Word count: 5919
Peace out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 88.2K 58
Evangeline Yu went back to the Philippines only to find out that her house was sold, her sister had ran away with her money and her mother was in com...