What was left behind

Par jw_writing4fun

29 year old Sarah Collins is still hurting over something that happened almost 4 years ago. When David Morr... Plus

Copyright
Introduction
Dedication
1| 3 years, 8 months, and 3 days
2| You Never Know Until You Try
3| Need you to stay awake
4| I feel like a horrible mother
5| I was under the legal limit
6| A great friend
7| I ruined your life, I get it
8| How does that feel
9| Put clothes on
10| I can't go there
11| I cant stop crying
12| I kissed him
13| Want to be better
14| I need to focus
15| Surprise
16| You're a goddess
17| We're proud of you, regardless
18| Maybe when I'm thirty
20| What are you doing here?
21| You said you loved me
22| If you love someone you come back
23| Rock bottom
24| Try harder
25|The answer is no
26| I still love you
27| Worst case scenario
28| Stay
29| We're doing this
30| What was left behind
Epilogue
Author's note

19| You need to stop doubting that

2.5K 164 172
Par jw_writing4fun

"I'd be lying to you if I said this didn't make me nervous." I confess to David as we approach the hot air balloon.

"It'll be okay." He reassures me. "We are going to eat a picnic, you're going to drink some wine, and we will watch the sunset. It will be great."

Before we get into the basket, the pilot gives us his spiel about safety. Which I hang onto every word so that I know what to do in case something bad happens.

When it's time to step into the hot air balloon, David let's me go first. He offers me his hand, which I gladly take because although the basket is still tied down, it's hovering a little bit above the ground, since the balloon is already blown up.

David quickly follows and joins me.

I take a shaky breath as I prepare myself for take off. Deep down,  I  know I'm going enjoy this, but the waiting is giving me anxiety.

David comes up behind me and places his chin on my shoulder as his strong arms bring me close. I can feel the tension leaving my body immediately as I relax in his arms.

"You know, the second you and James talked about this, he had this whole plan in his head." He says before placing a kiss on my neck. "You know how he was." He chuckles. "It might not be as extravagant as he would do it... but I'm just glad I could do this for you since he isn't able."

I turn around in his arms and give him a kiss. "Thank you." I say against his lips. "It's perfect."

"Okay, folks!" The pilot says, "we ready to see something beautiful?" He asks as he pulls the lever down and the balloon begins to ascend more.

:::

James and I wake up to a pounding at his front door.

"Jameeesss!" David yells through the door.

"Go back to sleep," James whispers into my hair and kisses the top of my head before going to answer the door.

I close my eyes momentarily to try and resume sleep, but the noise of, what I assume is David running into things, was keeping me up.

I sneak out into the hallway to check that everything is okay.

"What happened, buddy?" James ask David as he holds him up and walks him to the couch.

"The usual. Haven't you heard? I'm a disappointment."  David responds with venom in his voice.

"Buddy, you need to stop letting him get to you." James says softly.

"You don't think I try?!" David snaps. "But if someone says it long enough you begin to believe it."

James shushes him. "I know, I'm sorry. But Sarah is sleeping so you have to keep it down."

"Oh yeah, don't want to wake up your precious Sarah." Sarcasm laced in his voice.

I can't hold back an eye roll.

"You know," James says, "it's comments like that make her think you don't like her."

David grunts, "how many times do I have to say this? I don't hate her!" He says desperately.

Well, he sure has a weird way of showing it then, I think to myself.

David's voice lowers and I have to lean in a little to hear what he says.

"I'm jealous of what you two have." He confesses, "you have found an amazing woman and fallen madly in love. That's not going to happen for me." He says sadly.

"David, you don't know that." James corrects.

David scoffs. "Look at me, James. Look at my life!" I can hear the pain in his voice. "If my parents can't even love me? Why would I think I could ever find someone..."

Silence hangs in the air and suddenly, I feel like I shouldn't be listening to this. I go back into the room and try and sleep.

:::

When we're done ascending and are fully in the air, I feel a little calmer.

"The sun will set in 20 minutes, so if you don't want to miss it, I suggest you eat your picnic now." The pilot said while giving us both a wink.

David takes out a blanket and lays it on the floor and starts taking out the food he brought.

After joining him on the blanket, he pours me some wine and takes out a bottle water for him.

"This is quite the smorgasbord of food you packed for us." I tease looking at the all he brought.

"Didn't want you to go hungry." He teases as he take a bite of his sandwich.

This man amazes me. It's hard to believe we used to never get along. As soon as we started this thing between us, there hasn't been any arguments, mistreatment or doubts.

I would be naive to think that it will be like this forever; couples fight. But I know that at this point, I would fight with him every day if he let me. I am long gone.

"You know you really didn't have to do this." I say smiling at the man I call mine.

"James would come back to haunt me if I didn't." He jokes.

I shake my head. "Don't do that." I correct him. "This may have been something James and I talked about, but it's you who is here to share it with me. Don't belittle yourself."

"Sarah, what you and James had was so special, I don't want to take credit for this." He says softly.

"What James and I had was special, and there is no replacing that." I agree with him. He looks away from me. I touch his jaw lightly for him to look at me. "But that doesn't mean that what you and I have isn't its own special."

His face lights up, "you mean that?"

I hold his face in both my hands, "of course." I say before giving him a soft kiss. "And you need to stop doubting that."

He bites his lip. "Sarah, there are reasons why I am the way I am..." he says hesitantly. "Why I've turned to alcohol in the past, why I'm so hard on myself, why it's so hard to believe sometimes that someone as amazing as you could really care about me."

"David," I say rubbing his cheeks, feeling his light stubble underneath my fingertips.

He leans into my touch and closes his eyes. "Not today." He whispers before kissing the inside of my wrist. "Today is about you. We can talk about it another time."

I intertwine my fingers with his. "I'm holding you to that."

"Suns about to set." The pilot chimes in.

We quickly clean up our mess before standing up as we watch the sun setting.

A gasp escapes my mouth as I see the beautiful scenery.

David joins me from behind and holds me in his arms. He places a kiss on my shoulder as we look at the sunset together.

The warm hues of the sunset blend together perfectly into a fiery blaze. I can't tell where one color starts and the other ends. The scorching sun that's descending down might show the end of a wonderful day, but it also represents the beginning of an amazing night.

Remembering what I said to David comes to my mind, what James and I had was wonderful and perfect, and I'll always remember that. But what David and I have is the beginning of something amazing and fantastic too.

I can't describe the sense of sadness yet happiness that spreads through me at the realization.

David takes his hand and wipes a tear from my cheek that I hadn't realized had fallen.

"I didn't mean to make you cry." He whispers in my ear sending a shiver down my spine.

I turn and look at him and offer a smile. "It's a good tear." I kiss his cheek. "This is perfect. Thank you." I say before turning and looking at the sunset again.

:::

When we make it home, I can't hold back any longer.

I kept remembering the way my body felt when we were looking at the sunset. His fingertips softly caressing up and down my arm. His hot breath in my ear and his feathered kisses on my neck.

I wanted this man and I wanted him now.

After David closes the door, I look at him with a coy smile and stare directly in his eyes while taking off my coat and sweater, leaving my bra on.

His mouth gapes open and I can see his Adam's apple bob as he gulps.

"I need you." I rasp before turning around and walking into my bedroom, waiting for him to follow me.

He all but runs as he accompanies me to the bedroom.

I stand at the edge of the bed softly smiling at his nervous face. "Do you mind?" I ask before turning around and putting my hair to the side so he could come and remove my bra.

Waiting for him was painful. I hear his footsteps and sense his presence, but I have yet to feel his touch. My heart is beating out of my chest as I wait for what I so desperately need from him— his hands on me.

Finally, I feel his rough fingers touch me lightly at the base of my neck, before making a path to my bra.

Goosebumps erupt all over my body and my core tingles.

When he finally unlatches my bra, he begins to slowly slide my straps off at a tortuous pace.

Even this touch is making my body go into overdrive.

His mouth finds the crook of my neck as he begins to lightly nibble, followed by soothing licks. My breathing quickens even more and a soft moan comes from my mouth.

As he continues to assault my neck, I begin to get impatient. Intertwining our fingers I move his hands and place them on my needy breasts as I press my ass into him.

The second I feel his hardness and his hands kneading my breasts, my clit begins pulsing and another moan escapes.

"Are you sure?" He asks roughly in my ear before giving it a nibble.

I turn around in his arms and look into his eyes.

"Yes." I breathe out. "Have sex with me, David. Please."

He growls before his hand finds the back of my neck and he brings my mouth to his and he dominates me with this kiss. He nips at my lower lip then swipes his tongue over where he bit. My mouth opens instantly and his tongue plunges into my mouth, the heat from the kiss spreads throughout my whole body. I have to stop the kiss for a bit to catch my breath, because he just took it away.

This doesn't deter him as he continues to embrace me and place kisses on my jaw, down my neck and then sucks on my breast.

"Like I said." He said between kisses. "Today is about you." He puts my erect nipple into his mouth and lightly bites it before swirling his tongue over it. "I am going to make you feel" he moves to my other nipple and hovers over it. He looks at me with pure desire in his eyes. "So good." He growls before taking me into his mouth again.

I arch my back and whine at the eruption of tingles that are shooting straight to my core.

He removes his mouth from my nipple and gives me a long kiss. "Lay on the bed." He says after pulling away.

I nod my head and do what he says.

"It's going to hurt, a little." He tells me, "I need to make sure you're wet enough for me." He says before hooking his fingers into my pants and pulling them down.

"I have a feeling I'm plenty wet." I pant.

"That might be the case, sweetheart." He licks his lips and spreads out my legs. "But that doesn't mean, I can't make you wetter." He says almost as a promise before gazing at my naked body.

He places his hands on my inner thigh and moves up toward my wet center. "You are beautiful." He says before his finger slides between my slick folds.

"David" I plead as I arch my back off the bed.

"What do you want?" He says kissing the inside of my thigh while his finger teases me.

"Anything." I whine and wiggle a little to release some tension. My heart is beating out of my chest. This is our first time I don't know what to expect, how I'm supposed to behave. I know nothing.

He senses my nervousness.

"Sarah," he reassures me. "If you want to stop. Tell me."

I look into his honest. "That's the last thing I want." I say with certainty.

He gives me soft smile. "Okay." He kisses me closer to where I want him, but he isn't quite there yet. "I'm going to make you cum like this." He says before licking me in between my folds and flicking my clit with his tongue, a surprised moan leaves my mouth.

He crawls back up so we are face to face before he takes my hand and places it on his hardness "and I am going to make you come with this."

I close my eyes and they roll back as I imagine him inside me. "Oh god, please." I moan out without thinking.

He chuckles softly before sliding back down again.

He grabs me by the thighs putting them on his shoulders and pulling me closer to the edge of the bed and toward him.

His hot mouth greedily finds my aching clit again. "Uhh" I hum at the amazing and overwhelming feeling of him devouring me.

He dips his tongue into me before he latches onto my clit to lick and suck.

"Ohhh" I whimper. My fingers weave into his hair and I pull at his roots as pleasure courses through me.

David enters two fingers inside me as he continues to bring me to bliss.

I start rolling my hips matching his thrusting fingers and the rhythm of his tongue as I climb higher and higher toward my climax.

I can feel my body heat up, my core almost bursting and a tingle running up my spine. The once familiar feeling of a mind blowing orgasm.

"Yes!" I scream "right there. Keep going." I pant out before wailing out my pleasure. David let's me ride it out and doesn't stop his attack until I am fully finished.

I take a deep breath as I calm down from high.

I look down at David I see a cocky smile on his face as he wipes his face with the back of his hand.

"That was amazing." I say with an unwavering smile on my face.

He stands up and takes off his shirt off.

Now it's my turn to stare.

He places himself in between my legs and comes face to face with me. He touches my cheek softly and kisses me gently.

"Sarah." He whispers while he places his forehead on mind. "I'm going to ask you one more time." He gulps. "Are you sure you want this?"

I place my hand on his face now making sure he looks me in the eye. "David. I've been sure ever since we kissed. I trust you. I want you. I care about you. Let me show you."

I pull him to me and kiss him with all I have. Words can only convey so much, I want to show him through my actions that I am all in to this.

His tongue slips into my mouth meeting mine. The second our tongues touch we both moan at the contact. Our tongues twirl together as we deepen the kiss.

I feel his erection straining through his pants, creating a teasing friction against my clit. I slide my hands into his pants my hands palming his butt as I push him into my bundle of nerves.

"David," I moan between kisses. "Pants. Off." I kiss him again. "Now please."

He follows my instruction immediately and quickly returns between my legs and hovers over me, his hard penis teasing my entrance.

He kisses me again and then moves down to my neck.

My needy and achy core is waiting to be filled with him and I am impatient.

I bring his mouth to mine and get lost in his kiss.

Suddenly, I feel him side into me easily, but the intrusion takes my breath away causing me to hiss.

My vagina is not used to be filled anymore that I can feel it trying to stretch around him.

He doesn't move at first. "Are you okay?" He asks with concern on his face.

I nod my head. My vagina molds around him and I can feel myself throb around him, the feeling though amazing, is not enough for me. "You can move." I respond breathily looking into his eyes. "Please."

He begins to drive into me slowly and deeply, our eyes never leaving each other.

"You're so tight." He rasps in my ear. "And you feel amazing."

My whole body is on fire. I arch my back and match his thrusts allowing him to move deeper inside me.

Our soft moans are in harmony with each other as we work together to show how we feel to each other.

I can feel my wetness increase as he slides in and out of me easily and our movements get faster.

He kisses me again causing me to quiver and feel my building eruption.

We have no barrier around us and I don't care. I never thought that I would feel like this again, and now that I do, I am not going to let it go easily. I'm going to fully embrace this.

The intimacy between us only builds the desire as we continue to use our actions to convey our feelings.

I scratch his back with my fingernails as I feel myself about to lose control.

"David." I whine as I feel myself tighten around him and my eyes open meeting his.

He's watching me and how I react.

Our eyes lock and I am a goner.

The intensity of our gaze brings me over the edge as my second orgasm of the night shoots throughout my body.

Our eyes never leave each other as David's movements become more rushed and sloppy as he begins to come undone inside me.

"Sarah." He groans. "Fuck." He says while he thrusts inside me faster, my orgasm still coursing through me.

Watching him about to finish is such a sight to see. His eyebrows furrow, his eyes close, and his mouth falls open. "God, I love you." He says during his final thrust and I feel him explode inside me.

His eyes spring open realizing what he just said is hanging in the air.

We stare at each other, him still inside me, and we're both breathing heavy, not sure what to say or do next.

💭 Thoughts?

🧐 Predictions?

If you're enjoying what you're reading! Please remember to vote!

Thanks for reading!

~JW

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

9.6K 471 36
Christian Westbrook, an emotionless seventeen-year-old who is far too mature for his age, is trapped in a life with his aunt and uncle. It was never...
6 0 30
Sarah and Rhys are childhood friends who throughout life discover love, loss, and each other once again. **Mature Content** Excerpt: "I'd say you k...
510 119 21
After a tragic accident Carly finds herself responsible for the lives of her nieces and nephew. While trying to help them heal from the lost of their...
2.2M 41.2K 25
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...