Lost Wolf

By skylar_hopeee

Fourth book of Moon Godess' Series. Elpída's story. Cassian, Alpha of the Caelum, the strongest pack of the e... More

Lost Wolf
crazy world
road less travelled
lost in the woods
curious matter
what is this place
sparks fly
get me out of here
new reality
she said she needs time
foresight
engulfing doubts
you're enough
something important
surprise surprise
if tomorrow never comes
visions
guilt consumes
how will it unfold
this is just the beginning
starry night
by the fireplace
pieces of the puzzle
it unravels
ending's beginning

shut it

15.5K 595 35
By skylar_hopeee

C a s s i a n

The place was bright with all the chandeliers hanging up above. Other people were dancing, drinking, some flirting and having a good time. For everyone else who were anybody at all, places like these are where the next solutions and problems of the next generation are talked and discussed.

Ideas that were talked over whisky with a determined goal. Funny, isn't it?

And that's what I was here for. I had just finished discussing with Alpha Brooks about the rise of rogue attacks on the eastern territories. The rogues called Strays.

My pack wasn't necessarily threatened, but the smaller packs definitely were. As the pack with the most influence and power at the east, it was alarming and we were currently investigating and trying our best to protect the smaller packs although essentially it's supposed to be the Council's job.

So far, investigations only show of a drug turning humans into werewolves, but the drug wasn't perfect. And the results of that drug is a human gone berserk.

I sighed and took a glass of whiskey that one of the waiters served. The meeting had just finished and Claude, my Beta was lighting up a cigarette.

"Let me know when we leave, Cass." he says and lets a cloud of smoke vanish up into thin air.

I turn to him, a mischievous smile playing in my lips and seeing that, Claude was quick to pass a look of judgment and warning.

"Don't be like that Claude, let me have a bit of fun first." I kid, but I was also dead serious.

I'm sick and tired of paperwork up to my neck. This was my first night out in a while and I'm in a serious need of winding up.

I smiled to the group of girls that were looking my way. I was particularly eyeing this brunette in a green dress. Her friend was beside her, probably whispering that I was looking at her and they both giggled. She must've been embarrassed because she looked away at first, but then looked back at me, still with a smile.

"Goodness, Cass. You gotta stop messin' around or you'll regret it when you meet your mate." Claude warns me and takes a drink of his own liquor.

All of a sudden, Claude's mate, Ruth, came and as if knowing the current situation, chuckled as she went to give her mate an embrace.

"Ah, yes. Claude has been reformed, I remember. And it's not a question of when, it's if I meet my mate." I tease again. "I'm well above the age where you meet your mate."

"Oh, Cassian. Don't lose hope." Ruth says encouragingly. That made me smile and chuckle at the same time. Losing hope?

Is that how I seemed now? Do I seem desperate to meet my mate?

Oh, trouble.

Don't get me wrong, if she really is out there and we meet, why not? And besides, what's wrong with messing around a bit?

I'm sure she's doing the same.

Besides, everything in my life is fine as it is. There's nothing more that I need.

My pack is doing great, my family is reunited with Maddie, I'm a young bachelor, what more can anybody ask for?

"Oh, give it a rest will you both and have some fun. Maybe then we'll see mini Claude running around soon." I say, putting down the empty glass. This caused Ruth to blush and Claude to glare at me.

"9:30 sharp tomorrow, Alpha!" Clause reminded as I left the two of the on my way to the giggling brunette girl.

It didn't take long for me to get to her and just as I extended my hand to hers, she grabs onto her friend.

"Would you care to dance with me?" I ask putting a smile that she would like. Her cheeks were reddening and she turned to her friend who encouraged her to go on.

"N-no problem, Alpha." she said and took my hand.

The more we danced, the more she became talkative, introducing herself. Her name was Lena, she was from a pack closer to the northern border. I listened attentively, putting in a comment here and there. Or a compliment, whatever matched the situation.

After the dance, she offered to walk me through the gardens because according to her, this pack's garden was beautiful and well-taken care of. I nodded and welcomed the idea, not mentioning the fact that it was night time and we probably wouldn't be able to see the beauty of nature.

She was suddenly talking about this other girl she had a fight with and I merely nodded absent-mindedly.

Magically, we found ourselves in her room. She said that she was tired and wanted me to escort her to her room because she found me as a gentleman.

Again, I simply agreed with her.

As I was about to make my way out, she hurriedly went past me and closed the door. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Is there any problem, Lena?" I ask her, making it out as if I didn't know what was going on at the moment.

"Please, stay."

I could see that her face was flushed, she was nervous, but then she started unzipping the back of her dress.

✦ ✦ ✦✦

A cry. A damned helpless cry that I was used to hearing.

A cry of agony and pain. It wrenched my heart. I tried reaching my hand out, but I only grabbed nothingness.

"S-stop..." she sobbed.

"It hurts, please." she begged.

"Who are you?!" I scream, frustrated and pained by both the pain that she was feeling and the fact that I didn't know who she was.

"Please..."

My eyes opened and I can already feel my head aching. It's that dream that always has me feeling like this. That dream over and over again.

The sun was shining bright and I could tell I would be late to my supposed rendez-vous with my comrades.

I cursed as I got up, but then a hand stopped me.

I looked beside me to find a girl, hair disheveled, tightly grabbing onto the thin blanket as to not expose her naked body.

"Where are you going?" she asked with a foxy and sweet voice, bidding me to stay.

Ah damn it, what was her name again? Laura? Lea? Lea seems about right.

"I'm sorry Lea, you are a sweet girl, but I have to go." I say, putting my clothes quickly and saw the time. Right on time. 9:30.

"But what about last night?" the girl asks, tears already threatening to fall.

Great, Cassian. Good job. A clingy one.

I gotta work more on spending the night with the right person.

I feel my head hurt even more. I was already feeling terrible and I didn't have the wellness and time to deal with whining right now.

"Last night was fun." I simply say, irritated and left the room, making big steps towards outside.

It didn't take long before I saw our car. Upon sight of me, Claude stood up straight with a scowling look on his face, ready to give me a lecture for my tardiness, but then a look of realization. He had probably realized that I wasn't off to a good morning.

"Another bad dream, Cass?" he asks.

"Shut it."

The bastard has the audacity to laugh as he opened the door for me. My headache was getting progressively worse.

Something in me was feeling an unreasonable guilt and sadness and I couldn't take it anymore. I would give anything to get rid of this feeling. 

It's that dream again.

That dream suffocates me and makes me feel an unbearable pain and what's worse is that I don't understand why I keep getting these and who it is. 

Sure, Hannah said it was my mate, but I wasn't betting too much on that. 

"Are you okay, Cassian?" Ruth asks, concerned.

"No, I'm not Ruth so please tell your mate to start driving. I need to get home." I say, sounding impatient and irritated, but Ruth would've understand my situation already.

I rested my head at the headrest to easen the pain, but that didn't help.

It'll be a long ride.

Reviewed: January 6th, 2022.
Please note that grammatical errors may still appear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 1.6K 20
A sweet short story between James, an angry and depressed mateless alpha who had lost everything: his wolf, his pack, is friends getting a second cha...
126K 2.7K 35
Just like any other female werewolf Dove Pierce dreams of finding her mate and living the perfect life that mates can bring. So what happens when she...
653K 17.1K 43
Bailey Scotts just wanted to find love again. When tragedy strikes her family, they move to a small town to live with her grandparents. While there...
256K 9.2K 21
Growing up, Athena's life changed dramatically when her mother was murdered in front of her. At a young age her father changed and began to abuse her...