My New Stepbrother

بواسطة amyiahjenkins19

**This is an extremely dark romance** When Angel's dad passes, her mother meets a new man. Tragically for he... المزيد

1
**IMPORTANT MESSAGE**
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
**PART TWO**
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Epilogue
Author's Note.
Preview: BELLE OF THE BALL
ANNOUNCEMENT : IMPORTANT !!

24

18.4K 544 101
بواسطة amyiahjenkins19

Angel

Yasmine dropped me off at my house about two hours later, it was dark outside now, and I knew if I didn't get inside soon Vanessa would have an issue. No she wasn't my mother, however she did have a very specific list of house rules that she didn't like me breaking.

I didn't mind though, I just found it sweet that she cared about things like what time I get home, and what boys I go out with. It was just...nice having someone to care about you maternally rather then romantically like I was used to.

"Don't forget, you're picking me up tomorrow too." I said, slamming her car door shut.

"Yeah about that." She said, leaning against the console so she could speak to me from the opened window on the passenger side. "When are you getting your car? I love picking you up and all, but you're making me have to get up super early! It's cutting into my, me time."

"I'll get it...soon. Vanessa said she's going to look at some used cars for me."

"Aww, I know she's not your mom but honestly she should still be crowned mother of the year. Anyways, later girl!" She said, then rolled up her window and drove away.

"Later." I replied softly, waving to the car that was getting farther and farther down the road.

Once she was gone, I started the short trek from the curving driveway to the front door. Even though it was summer—almost fall—I got chill bumps on my arms. I glanced around, but the only thing I saw was the unmoving dying grass and the trees swaying softly in the nighttime breeze. I glanced up at the sky, the stars were shining as brightly as the moon casted a mystical glow against everything.

I sighed, then started walking faster. But then suddenly, I felt a hand cover my mouth and an arm wrap around my waist, holding me tightly, then pulling me.

Was I getting kidnapped?! I started kicking and screaming, but unfortunately my screams were muffled thanks to the large hand covering my mouth. I was trying to scream Vanessa's name, but I doubted even a nearby neighborhood cat could hear my cries.

"Shhh."

Someone whispered in my ear. "I'll let you go if you just shut up!"

I knew that voice, it was Blake! He let me go once I settled, after dragging me to a relatively private corner on the side of the house.

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean..?" He asked timidly, scratching the back of his neck.

"I mean why are you here? Did Vanessa invite you again while I was gone?"

"No...I've been waiting out here since three o'clock."

"Waiting? And nobody saw you? You didn't even try to talk to Vanessa?"

"No, I came here...to talk to you." He swallowed then shoved his hands in his deep pockets on his dark rinse blue jeans. "Where have you been anyway? It's a school night and it's almost ten o'clock."

"Talk to me about what? I've already said everything I needed to say. And none of your business."

"But, you don't understand—" Then he took a step closer to me—"I missed you. I need you."

I stepped away from him, trying to keep my heart from beating out of my chest. I was frightened and nervous, and confused the most. Was he crazy? Did he honestly believe that the two of us had a future...together?

"You need help. Clearly, therapy isn't doing it for you."

Then I started walking away from him, deciding tonight was the night I'd tell Vanessa about everything that's been going on. I figured it would be best to do it now before things got...out of hand. When my back was turned, he cleared his throat and said,

"I was afraid you'd say that." Then his hands were on me again, and the last thing I remember was the darkness consuming me.

xxxx

When I came to, I was laying in the backseat of a car. My head was pounding, and my hands and feet were tied. I couldn't move and I couldn't speak because there was something—it smelled like a dirty old rag—shoved in my mouth.

Then I remembered the last person who I'd seen.

Blake.

I started to put two and two together, then I realized he had taken me. He was still in the process of taking me, but where was he taking me?! I started screaming, which caused him to glance back at me from the drivers seat.

"Aww, what's wrong sweetie?" He started chuckling. "We're finally going to be able to start our lives together. So hey, hopefully you're screaming for joy."

I used my tongue to force the rag out of my mouth, it tasted dirty and nasty, so I started coughing violently.

"Blake." I said, while wheezing. "Wh-What are you doing?!"

"I'm taking you away. From all the distractions of the outside world. You've been corrupted."

"Corrupted?!" I screamed. "Taking me away?! Where Blake?"

"If I told you, that would be no fun. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. I seem to recall you...love road trips."

"Blake, where are you taking me? How long do you expect me to be gone?"

He was laughing even harder now. The man was truly...off his rocker. He had finally lost it completely. "Well...I said we're starting our lives together, kitten! So, for as long as the two of us are alive that's how long we'll be away."

Then I started laughing. I couldn't help it, the situation felt so hopeless it was almost comical. "You know what...I don't even know why I'm so scared. You're an eighteen year old boy. There's no way you can pull this off. Besides, everyone will know that you did it."

"Oh Angel...you have such little faith in me. You should remember me being, smarter then that?"

"I remember you being crazy!" I snapped. I wiggled my body, trying to escape the restraints that were currently cutting of my circulation, but it was to no avail. The only thing I was accomplishing was making my wrists turn more purple.

"Yes, but we were two crazy peas in a pod. Now you're all...ruined. You've seen some fraudulent light at the end of the tunnel...some false sense of security that this world has to offer, and you're relishing in it. Don't you remember being so sad and depressed you could barely even function? That's real life Angel. And the only thing that can save you from that reality is love—which is what we had. Which is what we'll get back."

"I was doing just fine before you showed up."

"Sure. Keep lying to yourself."

I was beyond frustrated. "Blake!" I screamed. "Let me out of the damned ropes right now! If you let me go, I'll tell Vanessa that we both planned some time alone to talk. I mean, sure she'll be mad at me for breaking curfew but, at least you won't lose your parents and you won't be getting locked up. Come on...you know I'm good at keeping secrets."

"Kitten, there is no life for either of us back there." He sighed. "I told you, we're starting our lives. I care about both of my parents, but that doesn't mean I ever need to see them again. I have the only thing that I need."

"Oh my gosh Blake! Can you get real? You're eighteen, how are you going to keep this going? You have no job, no money, and your face is going to be splattered all over wanted signs...there will be no future for us. Besides I'm only seventeen Blake, y-you can't do this to me."

"See that's where you're wrong my love."

He made a jerky left turn, causing me to almost roll onto the floor.

"I am loaded." He continued after executing the sloppy turn.

"What are you talking about..?" I asked, confused. Sure his father was a doctor, with a super nice house, but that didn't mean Blake was rich. "Your dad makes good money but he's not rich."

"My dad is rich. That house that he has is nothing compared to what he could've had. And he's not just rich for being a doctor. We're Harrington's. My great great grandfather came into money a long time ago after finding some oil, and he turned that into a multi-billion dollar business."

I gasped, fearful of what he'd say next.

"Billion..?" I breathed.

"Yes. So once I turned eighteen, I got my trust fund—and let me tell you, I'm loaded. After that, I had to convince my dad to let me cash it, which actually took a lot. There was a lot of steps I had to do...but I did it. Right after that, I went to talk to my mom and found out you were living with her. That's how I know it's meant to be...seeing you again right when I got all my money was no coincidence."

"Blake..."

"I'm not finished." He said. "See, I was planning to find you find before, that's why I even turned all my money into cash in the first place. I was going to take you away, I even prepared by getting us fake id's and social security cards...hell even birth certificates."

"Oh, God..." I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his mouth.

"By the way, do you like the name Roxanne? Because that's your new name. Roxanne Hensley. I'm just glad I didn't have to spend a lot of my money hunting you down. How convenient for me that this whole time you were only two counties away. Like I said, that's how I know we're meant to be. This plan is playing out so...easily."

"Not too easily, I mean Vanessa will be able to tell I'm missing by now. We've been driving for what? Two hours? She'll know I'm gone..."

"Oh silly, before we left I made sure to text Vanessa. Told her you were staying the night at Yasmines. Of course, I told my dad I would be staying the night at Ashtons—so I'm assuming that gives us until about three o'clock tomorrow to get wherever we need to go before they get even remotely suspicious. After that I tossed both of our phones right in the pool of my mothers backyard before I dragged your unconscious body into this big...van. I mean who'd suspect someone being kidnapped in this fucking, soccer mom van?" He was laughing softly to himself...again.

"You sick fuck!" I screamed. "You can't do this to me, I mean Blake my life was good. I had friends, a home, and a boyfriend who I was just starting...t-to...make college plans with." I said, then got slightly emotional just thinking about everything I was about to loose. "Please take me back."

"NO!" He screamed. "I don't know how many times I have to tell you! You are mine now. Forever and always. You will never see this town again, we are leaving the outside world and going to start our own lives somewhere far far away from all the distractions you have begun enjoying so much. You need a full cleansing, as soon as I get you alone I'm going to fix you."

"Cleanse me? Fix me? What am I your dog?" I yelled.

"No but you are mine, kitten. Whatever I say goes, and right now I'm telling you to shut the fuck up before I pull over this car and show you who's in charge." He said, while glaring at me through the review mirror.

Then I started crying. Who knew how quickly my life could change? I mean, just thinking about everything that has happened to me made me realize how impermanent things were. I started off just fine, with a happy home and a happy life. Then daddy died, and my happy life first began shifting. I fell into that dark depression, and it seemed as though nothing could save me.

Then momma got married, bringing me around the person who would change my life forever—Blake. And in certain ways he did.

He was the first guy I'd ever loved, and the first guy who gave me the courage to heal from everything I'd been through so I could feel again. So I could feel hope, and happiness and...love.

Then momma died, leaving me here with only one person I could rely on.

Blake, again.

And, because of that I let him do whatever he wanted to me.

Because I needed him.

With all those changes it was nice having Blake right there with me to help me through it. But then he himself changed, and slowly become more of a monster then a lover.

Then he almost killed me, and I had to adopt to a whole new life...all over again. I had to get a whole new best friend, regardless of how shallow and conceited she was, and a boyfriend. I had to go to a whole new school—and meet all new people, again.

Never once did I have the comfort of things just staying the same. I never got to get comfortable, or even get remotely happy, because as soon as I did, life threw another challenge at me that I had to accept and defeat.

But now, just knowing I'll be trapped with Blake forever...? I felt like I had no fight in me left.

How could I defeat him?

Chapter 24! Oh my goodness! This is officially the farthest I've ever gotten in any book, and I'm so proud to have 3k reads on my book now. Thank you so much to all you new readers, and thank you for voting...it's such a happy feeling to have other people reading my story!

Anyways, the book is almost finished, I'm thinking probably about six more chapters. Things are getting crazy, and Blake is getting even crazier then he ever has been. So what do you think will happen next?

Until next chapter.

❤️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1.1M 26.1K 22
"I will chain you up and keep you in my bedroom forever. The only one who you will ever love is me. You are mine Ella and nobody, not even God can ch...
68.6K 3.5K 30
I don't know when he laid his eyes on me and since then i became his obsession . sometimes his love makes me feel I am the luckiest person but the ne...
𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍 بواسطة 😝

الخيال (فانتازيا)

65.4K 2.4K 18
' 𝗒𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝖾! 𝗆𝖺𝗅𝖾 𝗄𝗂𝖽𝗇𝖺𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗋 𝗑 𝖿𝖾𝗆! 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝖾𝗋. ❪ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 , 𝖺 𝗐𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗁𝖺𝗌 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗄𝗂𝖽𝗇𝖺𝗉𝗉�...
61.3K 1.8K 45
Soyeon : he is very dangerous y/n.... Stay away from him.. This is better for everyone Jungkook : i love you very much y/n... Please be mine Y/n : ju...