From Strangers to Strangers (...

By CrippleShooter

What happened to XavMi? Six years after they became official, Xavier and Mico met once again in a Despedida p... More

From Strangers to Strangers
Past
Present
Past
Present
Present

Past

303 7 0
By CrippleShooter

It had been a month since I broke up with Xavier, and I was receiving calls and texts from him from the past few weeks. I was trying my best to ignore it. I could not falter. I did not want to take my decision back. I believed it was for the best and it was for both of us.

For the first week since our break up, he sent me a milk-tea, with a note saying, "I want to win you back, Mico. Please, let's talk." I thought he was okay with it already, but here he was sending me my favorite milk-tea. I told my best friends about this, and they told me that I should at least give Xavier what he wanted -- that maybe he wanted us to talk in person so that I could explain to him.

Even my friends did not understand why I chose this path for me. I did not expect them to -- because I, myself, was also trying to figure out what pushed me to this. I wanted this for myself and that was a selfish decision. But I could not stand seeing myself in a place where my mum used to be. I did not want to end up like her.

Week two when Xavier went in front of my house. He was asking my mum if he could talk to me for a while because we had a project to finish. My mum did not know about us yet. I was still not out yet. I still had not earned that courage, but Xavier supported me. He told me that he could wait. Whenever I was ready.

I told my mum that I was sick and I could not attend to any visitors -- it seemed that she felt what was going on, but chose to ignore it and advised Xavier to come another day.

"Mico, my graduation is coming in a week," he texted me on the third week of our break up. "I still want to win you back. I still want us to be back together. If you showed up, I will take it as a yes. But if you did not, even how hard it is for me, I will let you go. For your happiness. I wish to see you there, Mico. I love you."

And now I was here, standing outside the dome where the graduation was happening. I saw Xavier with his friends and mum. I saw him looking around, but I was hiding from him. I was not planning to show up. I just wanted to see him for the last time. I wanted to cherish the look on his face as he took that diploma. I just wanted to see him happy for the last time.

"I love you, Xavier, but I guess this is for the best," I thought to myself as if talking to him. "I have a lot to think about and aspirations for myself. I hope we meet again when things are better for me."

I knew I would soon regret this. But right now, this would be a decision that I would not take back. For us. For me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
55.3M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
7.3M 305K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
11.7M 302K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...