When He Was Mine (A Harry Sty...

By mrslucystyles

When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though... More

Chapter One - 'This Boy'
Chapter Two - 'Awkward'
Chapter Three - 'Confusion'
Chapter Four - 'Saturday'
Chapter Five - 'My Best Friend'
Chapter Six - 'Temperamental Love'
Chapter Seven - 'New Chapter In Life'
Chapter Eight - 'Happy Birthday?'
Chapter Nine - 'True Love'
Chapter Ten - 'Life Goes On'
Chapter Eleven - 'Bipolar Situation'
Chapter Twelve - 'This Girl'
Chapter Thirteen - 'Unlucky For Some'
Chapter Fourteen - 'The Arches'
Chapter Sixteen - 'Brand New Year'
Chapter Seventeen - 'Perfect?'
Chapter Eighteen - 'Cliffhanger'
Chapter Nineteen - 'Blackout'
Chapter Twenty - 'Trust'
Chapter Twenty One - 'Dilemma'
Chapter Twenty Two - 'Typical Teenage Girl'
Chapter Twenty Three - 'Lost In London'
Chapter Twenty Four - 'Changes'
Chapter Twenty Five - 'The End'

Chapter Fifteen - 'The Christmas Tree'

693 7 2
By mrslucystyles

I scrambled up the stairs in my red, pink and brown reindeer pyjamas. I was such a child when it came to Christmas. I gently peeled back my bed covers trying not to wake my sister who was sleeping soundly in her bed not to far from mine. I hated sharing a room with my sister. She was always into my stuff and she was always bringing her friends in to help her.

I crawled onto my mattress and wrapped myself in my warm duvet because I knew as soon as I went to bed the presents could be brought out and the faster I got to sleep the quicker I could have my presents. I'd been wishing and wishing for an iphone that year. I couldn't wait to test it out in the morning.

Snug in my bed I closed my eyes tight telling myself to sleep. Sleep Lucy, go...to...slllleeeppppp....

*BUUUZZZZZZZZZ* My phone sounded waking me. I wasn't sure if it was still night time or morning because my room was still pitch black. I rolled over onto my side and picked up my old phone from next to my bed. The light enitially burnt my eyes as I clicked the blackberry button but my pupils soon adjusted to it showing a picture of me and my boyfriend and a digital time.

'6:07' so it was morning and it was the perfect time to get up on Christmas morning. My blackberry still flashed with a strong red light which would also indicate the same cause as what made the buzzing that woke me. Bringing my phone back up to my face I noticed a little red circle on top of my inbox. I've got a text. I wonder who from...

'6 o'clock, like you told me;) Merry Christmas Love!! xxxxx'

I read as I remembered I'd asked my boyfriend to be my alarm this morning. After replying I slipped my legs off my bed and grew to a standing position. I creeped in the darkness towards my sisters bed.

"Milly, Wake up it's Christmas" I whispered gently rocking her shoulder.

She blinked a few times then she opened her eyes fully.

"Has Santa been?" she said in the loudest whisper you've ever heard. She shot up off her bed and give me a kiss on the cheek. This is the sweetest she's ever been, she's a little monster really.

"Well lets go see then, c'mon" I said grabbing my excited little sister's hand.

 "LOOK" she squealed pointing to a pair of stockings filled with chocolates and a teddy.

"HE HAS BEEN! HE HAS! HE HAS!" she chanted then ran to claim her stocking prize.

After my sister had woken up my parents and we'd opened all our presents I sat on the couch investigating my new iphone. That's right! NEW IPHONE! Ahh you've got to love Santa, right!! Haha

I quickly started downloading the basics; CamWow, Instagram, Temple Run, etc. I was ecstatic with how good it was.

I glanced at the time which was now 12 o'clock. "Oh gosh" I said facepalming. I jumper off the couch and sped up the stairs. I threw off my pyjamas and turned on the shower. I hopped in for a quick body shower then was back out again after 10 minutes.

With a towel wrapped around myself and my head I fell to rest on my bed. Just then I fell into a beautiful flashback.

*Flashback*

"Slowly Harry" I said guiding my boyfriend who carried an enormous box on his shoulders.

"Where shall I put it?" he questioned, his voice straining under the weight.

I ran over and stopped just next to my living room couch, "Here please" I smiled.

He hunched his back as he lowered the box to the ground. He then stretched up, leaning back till his back made a slight cracking noise.

"Ouch" he muttered rubbing one of his shoulders.

I produced a pair of scissors from the cupboard and slipped them along the sellotape that held the box together.

My Mum and Dad had taken my little sister out shopping and left me and Harry in-charge of the construction and decoration of the Christmas tree. I'd had years of observing my mother setting up the tree and I was ready to shine so I invited Harry around to help.

Harry pulled open the box and started lifting out the branches.

"Whoa" I laughed, "We have to set the stand up first".

"Oh" he smiled embarrassed.

I picked up the stand and slid all the legs onto it.

I gasped. I'd almost forgotten.

I jumped to my feet and ran to the same cupboard where I had gotten the scissors. Harry gave me a very confused look.

I grabbed the Christmas CDs and walked over to the TV set. I clicked the little '◘/♠' button and the tray popped out. I placed the first CD in the tray and pushed it back into the DVD player. Within seconds the room filled with famous festive songs. I grabbed the remote and turned up the volume to about '60'.

In minutes me and Harry were mumbling the words as we connected the branches to the base of the tree. Each layer of branches had a different colour tab on them so I did blue, yellow and pink and Harry did red, green and grey.

When the tree was built we both stood back in triumph although it was only the start.

"Right, lets get cracking on those lights" I said hands on my hips with my sleaves rolled up.

I grabbed the lights off the floor and was just about to put them on the tree when I noticed Harry. He had his arms sticking out like a scarecrow dangling a burble from each hand and had a load of tinsel wrapped around his head and shoulders. He stared into space like a statue. As soon as I  saw him burst into a fit of laughter.

"Harrry....whaaatt....areee..youuu.dddoiingg?" I spluttered out, still laughing.

He continued staring for a while then turned his face to look at me.

"I'm a Christmas tree" he giggled.

I fell to my knees laughing, my stomach ached and tears started falling from my eyes. Harry laughed too, supporting himself on the mantelpiece and nearly dropping the burbles.

I moved from my knees to sitting crosslegged. "Oh Harry, you're so funny" I said wiping the tears from my pink cheeks.

"I do try" he smiled lowering himself down to sit next to me. Harry being this close to me still gave me butterflies like it had that day behind the french building.

"We're never going to get this Christmas tree decorated are we!" I said looking up at him, I rested my head on his arm which was now around my shoulders.

"Probably not" he said before gently kissing my forehead.

I closed my eyes and smiled. "Oh well" I sighed as he rested his head of curls on my head.

*Flashback ends*

I was awoken by the sound of my Dad's voice from downstairs "You've got half an hour to get ready, Lucy".

Sh**!

I jumped off my bed and threw my towels in the washing basket then threw on my underwear and Christmas outfit. It was a black dress with no sleeves and a silver cross in the middle. I pulled on some skin coloured tights and a pair of black wedges. I dried my hair then curled it leaving me 10 minutes for my make-up. I was downstairs exactly half an hour later.

As I passed the living room I looked in and smiled when I saw the Christmas tree because it reminded me so much of Harry. Of course it was now decorated in our silver and blue theme with flashing lights and a star on top....

*Flashback*

"Last burble to put on now" Harry said smiling at me.

I was so relieved, it had been hard work but me and Harry had fun spending time together.

Harry placed the last burble on the tree in the only space left then picked up the star. He turned and lowered it into my hands stroking my palms gently with his short finger nails as he did. A little shiver shot up my arm causing me to smile at him, he knew he'd caused it. He grinned before turning and heading over to the CD Player.

Grasping the silver, sparkling star in my hands I reached up towards the top of the tree. I stretched my body until I got a stitch in my side.

"Here let me help" I heard Harry's voice tickling my ear as he appeared behind me. He cupped his hand around mine that held the star. His other hand resting on my waist. He moved this hand around to my front and effortlessly lifted me from the ground. Harry was about 3 inches taller than me so he could easily reach the top of the tree by himself  but I knew him, he wanted an excuse to hold me.

We fixed the star on top of the tree before he slowly lowered me to the ground once again.

"Thank you" I whispered giving him a beaming smile.

"No problem" he said, his arms still wrapped around my waist.

*Flashback ends*

"Lucy, honestly! The tree is nice but you don't have to stare at it" my mum joked entering the hall. "Come on love, they'll be here any minute" she said before leaving the small entrance.

"I'll be right there" I said smiling at the tree then following her through the backroom and into the kitchen.

"I'm stressed out of my mind, could you set the table for me please" she said scraping a large knife over her home-cooked turkey.

"Yep" I sighed opening the cutlery drawer and selecting the appropriate amount of spoons, knifes and forks.

"Oh and you look lovely by the way, look at my little girl all grown up" she smiled at me.

"Thanks" I flashed her an embarrassed smile.

*Knock, knock*

"I'll get it" I yelled throwing the cutlery down on the table. I rushed to the front door my dress swished from side to side as I went.

"Merry Christmas!" I bellowed to our guests.

"Merry Christmas" replied the long black haired woman, her husband and my very smartly dressed boyfriend.

"Hello love" Harry's mum, Anne said cheerfully, she hugged me then made her way to the kitchen to see my mum.

"Hi" said Robin, Harry's step-dad, giving me a quick hug then following his wife.

"Hey" Harry said giving me a quick peck on the lips so our parents didn't see.

"You look very nice" I said looking him up and down before closing the front door.

Harry did look nice, Harry always looked nice. His toothy grin brightened up my day every time he flashed me one of his cheeky smiles. His piercing green eyes hid beneath his spiraling curls that rested like a wave across his forehead.

Harry walked forwards and pulled our bodies close together.

"I love your dress" he said fiddling with the bottom of it.

Harry knew when to be sweet and when to be well...sexual and as much love I felt for him, I felt the same in lust as well.

"I think it looks better off" I said before spinning away from him and heading to the dining room to eat.

After dinner, we all sat in the living room cradling our swollen stomachs. I got out my new iphone and Harry helped me set my account up properly. Harry gave me his iphone to show me how to use them.

"So, to search for a contact you click here" I said pointed to the search bar at the top of Harry's phone. Harry nodded his head as I clicked it.

"Okay so if I type 'L' for example..." I said clicking on the screen, "Then my name will...oh look there it is" I cheered.

"But Harry.." I said, my voice rang with a little concern, "Who's Laylor?" I looked at him confused.

I didn't know a Laylor, who the hell is Laylor? Laylor? No never heard of this 'Laylor'!

"Oh yeah, Laylor Twist, she's a friend I met on holiday in America in summer" he smiled shrugging it off.

Bearing in mind I didn't even talk to Harry in summer, I just shrugged it off too. I really needed to stop being so over protective.

We continued drinking, talking, celebrating late into the night until I fell asleep on Harry's shoulder a few time. Anne announced it was time for them to go and let us sleep. I sleepily waved goodbye to them at the front door while my mum and dad started tidying the house. I closed the door and dragged myself to my bedroom. I literally threw on my pyjamas before wrapping myself in my covers and drifting off to sleep. This had to be the best Christmas ever!

Hello my little lovelies,

I hope you enjoyed this Christmas chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it. Just imagine spending Christmas with Harry though! I know it was quite boring but I needed to pass the time.

AND IT ONLY 15 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!

I can't wait, I'm getting an ipod touch finally so I'll be able to write these Chapters more frequently. So it's all good news :)

Love you all and thank you for getting me over 4,000 reads, you're amazing!

It means a lot,

Lucy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 1.1K 28
One Direction. The biggest boyband right now. There debut album has just dropped, and the tour starts in a few months. But what happens when a girl...
3.7K 72 38
Sometimes love just sneaks up on you and sometimes it's for the best. Sometimes though things go horribly wrong and you don't know which way to turn...
134K 2.4K 34
When Amanda goes to high school will the bad boy harry styles fall for her and what will happen to their relationship? Does she love him? Does he lov...
222K 6.3K 28
Wrong Number? Harry is an international superstar along with his band. Louis just and average boy who gets hired as a interviewer for Doncaster Hit...