PATHS | JJK ✓

By PL2298

❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precise... More

Chapter 1 ― Welcome Home
Chapter 2 ― Family Time
Chapter 3 ― ❝Surprise!❞
Chapter 4 ― Second Family
Chapter 5 ― Some Fresh Air
Chapter 6 ― Doctor Kim Hyejin
Chapter 7 ― HOPE Cafe
Chapter 8 ― An Odd Feeling
Chapter 9 ― Park Chaeyoung
Chapter 10 ― Free Time
Chapter 11 ― Passion
Chapter 12 ― Exhausted
Chapter 13 ― Too Soon
Chapter 14 ― Awkward Situation
Chapter 15 ― Shattered Heart
Chapter 16 ― Fight For This Love
Chapter 17 ― Another Day
Chapter 18 ― Feeling Nostalgic
Chapter 19 ― Comeback
Chapter 20 ― ❝To the girls and Jin!❞
Chapter 21 ― The Love of My Life
Chapter 22 ― Favourite Person
Chapter 23 ― Mentor
Chapter 24 ― Some Friends
Chapter 25 ― Ready
Chapter 26 ― Taking Responsibilities
Chapter 27 ― Relief
Chapter 28 ― Disappointment
Chapter 29 ― An Incredible Doctor
Chapter 30 ― Duty
Chapter 31 ― Jealousy
Chapter 32 ― A familiar feeling
Chapter 33 ― Prediction
Chapter 34 ― Nothing Happened
Chapter 35 ― Hours on Hours
Chapter 36 ― Take the chance
Chapter 37 ㅡ Still love
Chapter 38 ㅡ Weakness
Chapter 39 ㅡ Don't lose her
Chapter 40 ㅡ Wake up
Chapter 41 ㅡ Fighting
Chapter 42 ㅡ Remorses
Chapter 43 ㅡ Dearest friend
Chapter 44 ㅡ Feelings
Chapter 45 ㅡ Us
Chapter 46 ㅡ Back to normal
Chapter 47 ㅡ Too perfect to be real
Chapter 48 ㅡ Secrets or Lies
Chapter 49 ㅡ Hatred
Chapter 50 ㅡ Let go
Chapter 51 ㅡ Negative
Chapter 53 ㅡ Revelation
Chapter 54 ㅡ Path
Chapter 55 ㅡ What If
{Bonus} Chapter 56 ㅡ Safe and sound
{Bonus} Chapter 57 ㅡ Shared Happiness
[Unpublished Chapter] Jeon Hyeri

Chapter 52 ㅡ News

6.3K 280 38
By PL2298

Never give up on someone you can't spend a day not thinking about.

—Jung Hoseok.

Chapter 52
NEWS

•••

I was tired. Actually, no, I was exhausted. Not physically but mentally. I leaned against the metal structure of the sink in front of me and exhaled deeply.

"Good job in there Dr. Kim," Jeno commented yet I couldn't take in the compliment. I forced on a smile and nodded, letting him pass me and exit the room.

I stared blankly at the scene before me. I successfully finished a surgery yet I couldn't feel the hype.

I cracked my neck to the side, trying to relieve the tension, and looked straight forward, my gaze being focused and determined.

"Ok, you got this Hyejin." I encouraged myself and followed Jeno. "What do we have now?"

"Ms. Hwang Nana's daily check-up Dr. Kim asked about." Jeno responded while handing me the patient's record. Nodding, we automatically made our way to Ms. Hwang's room.

As expected, the room was extremely quiet and most noticeably, empty. She seems to have no one surrounding her everyday despite her serious condition.

"Good afternoon Ms. Hwang, I'm here to do your daily check—" I stumbled on my words upon hearing a faint sound coming from my partner. I raised my brow and looked over my shoulder, "Is there a problem, Dr. Lee?"

He shrugged, confused, "The patient is in coma."

"So? It's not a reason for not treating her like other patients, she might be able to hear us." I rolled my eyes in disbelief before nodding to the side, "Let's start the check-up."

Jeno slightly bowed for his mistake and quickly grabbed his stethoscope, starting the check-up. I observed him for a moment until my attention went back to the patient.

For a slight second I wished I was in her shoes. For the few days I was unconscious after my surgery, I got so much rest. I felt so good at that moment.

I felt free?

Free of all stress that life can cause. Free of any pain that I was going through physically. Will it be the same now that the pain transferred internally? I was curious.

I have so much to deal with now. What should I do?

"Dr. Kim?"

"Dr. Kim?" Jeno's voice got louder and I finally snapped back to reality. I shook my head and hummed. "Your phone is ringing."

"Uh? Oh!" I reached for my cellphone in the front pocket of my white blouse and accepted the call without checking who it was.

"Hello?"

"Jinie! Are you busy right— don't ask her if she's busy!" A second voice added onto Jimin's.

"Jimin? What's going on? Yes, I'm at work."

"Can you come to hyung's cafe please?" He asked and I tilted my head to the side.

"I can't right—"

"Please.." He demanded with his sweet voice, one that every sane human being would die for. The silence following his voice gave me the picture of him pouting and I expectedly gave in.

"Fine. Give me 10 minutes." I groaned and after his little celebration, we hung up.

"No evolution but her stats are stable." Jeno summarized his work as soon as I gave him my attention.

I sucked in my bottom lip as I expected a little something out of the result. A faint sigh escaped my mouth as I mentally comforted myself; at least she's not deteriorating.

"Alright. You're doing good Ms. Hwang, we'll see you later." I nodded with respect and directed myself to the door, waiting for Jeno.

Jeno blinked for a few seconds before bowing to Ms. Hwang.

"Ok, I have something to do right now but I'll be back shortly. When is my next surgery?"

Jeno quickly checked on the ipad and responded, "It's in four hours. We only have consultations in the meantime."

With a nod, I continued, "Why don't you do my next consultation and page me if you need anything? I won't go far from the Hospital."

Jeno's eyes widened with excitement and I couldn't help but feel proud of his evolution. Compared to the scared intern he was in the beginning, he was now excited to be on his own.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Y-Yes! Of course, you can count on me." He affirmed.

Chuckling, I nodded before leaving his side. As I walked away, curiosity soon kicked in as I was asking myself what would Jimin want.

After only a couple of minutes walking, I was now standing in front of Hobi's cafe and the first thing that threw me off was the "closed" sign sitting on the door.

Checking my watch, I went to the entrance and pulled the door open. "Why is it closed?"

As I pulled my eyes off my wrist, I was suddenly facing all of my friends including my brother and bestfriend.

"You came!" Jimin cheered and ran to my side.

"What.. What is happening here?"

"We have something to tell you." Chaeyoung declared, coming to my other side.

It'd a lie saying I wasn't scared. I let myself being dragged and I was soon sit in front of the others. Taehyung blinked and glanced at his bestfriend,

"Ok now can we know what's happening?"

"Yeah, people gotta work in here." Yoongi added before taking a sip of his free coffee.

"I'd like to know too."

"Chaeyoung, please start." Jin spoke out after Namjoon and my mind was now completely confused after it went from one person to the other.

Chaeyoung nodded as she walked over the other side of the counter.

"Soyeon is lying."

"What do you mean she's lying?" I automatically asked.

"She's not pregnant?" Taehyung followed with Namjoon.

"I told you guys I don't like her." Yoongi shrugged, "I knew we shouldn't trust her."

"You guys listen to Chaeyoung." Jin spoke over our voices and the serious look on his face made me worry.

"No, she is pregnant." She continued before raising her finger in front of her, "But it's not Jungkook's baby."

"Wait—" Taehyung's gasp cut Yoongi's sentence.

I myself was taken aback by the sudden news. Millions of questions began to rush through my head until I settled on one.

"But how do you know for sure?"

"Your dear bestfriend went against the law and asked Jeno to do a paternity test while he checked on her pregnancy." Jin answered for her, "Not only she used her status as a doctor but she also pulled someone down with her."

"It's not that big of a deal hyung—"

"It is! She can lose her job and so does Jeno! She did it without any of the two's consent!" Jin snapped back and turned his attention to his friend, "Yoongi, as a lawyer, what do we do?"

While the whole group began their discussion, I drifted off into my mind again.

She played us. She really did.

Jungkook was all I could think of at this moment. I couldn't even enjoy the news knowing he might still feel miserable somewhere.

"What about Jungkook?! Does he know ?!" I stood up abruptly.

"He doesn't know yet. He's on his way."

"With Soyeon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 978 67
"Cause this is unlimited love. I'll wait for her." . "If fate makes us face each other again and if he still loves me like he said before, than I'll...
8K 383 48
There were seven of us. Seven guys who were friends since high school and later created a group. Spent a lot of their time together. I couldn't wish...
46.3K 1.7K 20
A fanfic about Yoongi's old song that he wrote and a girl that wants to recreate it from her memory. This is the first fan-fiction I have written, h...
163K 6.4K 46
29 year old Y/N, goes on a series of failed blind dates. Her father is determined to marry her off asap. She is beautiful, sexy, smart, funny, caring...