The Oldest Living Potter

De Monkey5137

Surely everyone has heard about the sad story of poor Harry Potter, who lost his parents in the fight between... Mai multe

Foreword
Diagon Alley's Hidden Flame

So it Begins...

38 4 0
De Monkey5137

Published Wednesday, July 13, 2022

=============================
Part 1: That Fateful Night
Part 2: My Sad Reality
=============================

That Faithful Night {Part 1}
3rd Person POV

"James, c'mon, stop that!" Lily laughed as she held her infant son, Harry, while her husband whispered to their three year old all sorts of stories about mischievous pranks he could play when he was old enough to begin schooling.

"Aww! Why, Lily? The boy loves it!"

"That's your son, dear. No offense, but I would quite like to see him not get expelled his first year at Hogwarts."

"What's Hogwarts? And why's it named after a pig disease?" James and Lily halt their playful banter and turn to look at their eldest.

"Percy!" James laughed boisterously. "Why, the boy's just like me!"

Lily rolled her eyes and shot her husband a look whilst continuing to rock Harry - their youngest - in her arms.

The mother turned her attention back to the little toddler. "Well Percy, first off, you shouldn't judge something based on their first impression; it's rude. But as to why? Well, to be honest, I don't quite know myself. The name is a mystery, and I imagine it'll remain one. Now, as for Hogwarts, it is a school. A school of magic. One that, someday, you and your brother will attend."

"A magic school? Does that mean I'm like, like- a wizard?!" At Lily's nod, a wide smile playing on her lips, Percy grins and continues excitedly, "That's so cool! Will I get a wand? And a broom? Do flying brooms exist? Wait, do I get a magical pet? Can I choose what type? And...and-"

"Percy!" James laughed, eyes twinkling, as his son rambled. "Well, I guess we don't have to worry about you not wanting to go!"

"Why wouldn't I want to go?" Percy asked curiously, head tilted to the side as he yawned and crawled into his father's lap.

"I mean, there are other schools you could attend if Hogwarts didn't work out, but we had assumed Hogwarts would be the best fit; it's where your mother and I went."

Percy nods sleepily and leans against his father's chest as he looks up at him. "Daddy, I'm tired. Can I go to bed please?"

James glances up at Lily, raising an eyebrow.

"How about you take him for a bath real quick and then you can go to sleep, okay Baby?"

"Okay, Mommy."

James nodded and stood, eyes flickering to look out the window as he turned to head upstairs. He went rigid, however, and spun back around as what he saw registered.

"They're here...! Lily, take the boys upstairs and find a place to hide!" Lily shot to her feet, Harry clutched protectively in her arms.

"James-"

"Go! I'll hold them off as long as I can. But you must protect the boys. And I love you. Now hide!"

Lily grabbed one of Percy's hands and ran upstairs with her sons. She darted into Harry's room with Percy right behind her.

Lily looked around frantically before walking over to the closet and throwing open the doors. She turned around and gestured Percy over to her.

Lily crouched down in front of him and gave him a watery smile. "Hey Baby. I need you to do something for me, okay?" Percy nodded, his eyes sparkling with confusion.

"Are you okay Mommy? Is Daddy?"

"Oh yes, Baby! Of course we're okay. But I need you to take Harry and hide in this closet, okay? Don't come out unless I say so, and promise me: you'll protect him with your life."

"Okay Mommy, I promise!"

"Thanks, Baby," Lily whispered, a tear tracing its way down her cheek. She handed Harry over to Percy and kissed them both on the forehead. "I love you two, okay? Now stay here until I say you can come out."

Gently, Lily pushed Percy into the closet and closed the door on her sons.

Shouting, and a loud thud, resonated from downstairs, causing Lily to dart out into the hallway to the top of the steps.

She gasped, covering her mouth a moment after, upon seeing her husband slumped on the ground with Voldemort standing above him.

At her exhalation, the Dark Lord turns to look at her, a haunting smile taking over his face as he does. "Why, my dear Lily! Tell me, where are your children?"

Lily bites her tongue, anger surging in her green eyes. "Like I'd tell you!" she hisses, her wand drawn and held at the ready.

Voldemort sighs, his eyes narrowing as he shrugs and begins his ascent up the stairs.

Lily yelps and darts back the way she came and into the room where she hid the kids.

She glances around frantically for a moment before turning to face the doorway with her wand held at the ready; just moments after the door is blown inwards off its hinges and Lily takes a nervous step backwards when she sees the noseless man before her.

"Why, my dear Lily, won't you just tell me where the kids are?"

"Because they're my boys! And I love them. So if you want to get to them, you'll have to go through me!"

Voldemort sighs, his red eyes alight with something akin to joy, as he sighs, "Shame. I guess I'll just have to kill you anyway, then."

Lily's eyes widen and she brings her wand up to defend herself, but she's too slow; a green light fills the room and strikes the woman in a concentrated glow, causing her wand to fall from her hand as she drops to the ground, limp and eyes glazed open to show the once soulful depths of an emerald green ocean.

From within the closet, Harry starts crying, and Percy whimpers as he tries to shush his younger brother, but eventually Percy just claps a gentle hand over his brother's mouth and waits with baited breath while peeking from the slats of the closet doors.

Voldemort pauses, his head turning to peer at the closet the two boys are in. A malicious smile grows on his face as he starts towards them before throwing open the closet doors, which clash against the wall with a bang.

Percy yelps in terror when he sees the man before him: his blood red eyes devoid of emotion, his lack of a nose, the pale skin, and the black robes.

"You must be young Percy," Voldemort hisses, his eyes straying to the young infant in the toddler's arms. "Now hand over the baby, and I'll let you off with an easy death."

Percy hesitates for a moment before he shakes his head and clutches his brother tighter in his arms. "No, you can't have him," little Percy says firmly.

Voldemort sighs. "Fine. I'll just kill the both of you." As the man raises his wand and murmurs the killing curse, the toddler in front of him turns his back to the man in an effort to shield his brother.

A minute later, a green light engulfs the room, and all Percy can remember from that point on is excruciating pain.

My Sad Reality {Part 2}
Percy's POV

I jolt awake at the sound of my alarm clock, which reads 5:30 A.M.

Groaning, I swing my legs out of bed and walk to my dresser to grab some fresh clothes before heading into the bathroom attached to my room for a quick shower.

After quickly scrubbing my body and washing my hair I hop out, dry off with a towel, and pull on the clothes I set out earlier. Then I quietly creep downstairs and into the kitchen where I grab some bowls, some pans, and some mixing cups to make a batch of pancakes, some bacon, and some eggs, which will all, of course, go straight to the Dursleys.

Just as I finish setting everything out on the table, I hear footsteps above me resounding from Vernon and Petunia's room, which means that it's already 7:00.

Frowning, I grab three pancakes from the stack on the table and two pieces of bacon before rushing to Harry's "room", which is really just the cupboard below the stairs.

Knocking gently, I hear a muffled 'Come in!' from Harry. I open the door and take a seat on the bed opposite my brother before shutting the door behind me.

Moments later, I hear Dudley rushing down the stairs, his heavy weight shaking dust loose from the stairs and into the room. He's followed not long after by Vernon, who stomps down and heads to the table. Last to come down is Petunia, who was probably taking a shower, and her frail body barely vibrates the stairs as she walks down them.

"Good morning, Percy," Harry says softly as he rubs his eyes and slips his glasses on.

"Morning," I respond quietly and show him the food held carefully in my hands. "You hungry?"

Harry nods rapidly and shoots me a grin. Smiling fondly, I hand him two pancakes and a piece of bacon.

As Harry begins eating his second pancake, I start nibbling on my bacon.

Harry looks up at me sadly when he's finished eating. "I'm sorry I couldn't get you anything for your birthday, Percy."

I smile gently at my younger brother and wrap an arm around his shoulders. "That's okay, Harry. You know all I want is to be able to spend time with you anyway."

But it seems like the universe is out to get me because as soon as I say that, Vernon calls from the kitchen, "Hey, rat! Fetch the mail for me, would ya?" And I know that even though he posed it as a question, it is most certainly not optional.

Pulling away from Harry I open the door and walk out with one last smile directed at him.

I head to the front door and pick up the small stack of papers from the ground. Flipping through them, I catch sight of my name and quickly slip that envelope under the door to Harry's room before bringing the rest of the stuff to Vernon.

I plop the mail on the table and make to leave but Petunia stops me with a feeble hand on my shoulder.

Turning back around, I look at her in question and she removes her hand whilst quickly lowering her eyes to her lap. I spin to look at Vernon in confusion and he narrows his eyes at me dangerously. "You didn't take any mail, did ya rat?"

I frown at him, faking confusion with my brows furrowed. "No, why would I?"

He harrumphs but dismisses me with a flippant gesture of his hand.

I exit the kitchen, but as I'm only a few feet away, I hear Vernon mutter under his breath to Petunia, "Guess he ain't one of those freaks like his parents were."

I tense and scurry inside Harry's room before I can do something stupid enough to get myself smacked.

"Percy, what's this? Why is someone writing to you?"

I frown and sit down on his bed. "I don't know, Harry. But whatever it is, Vernon doesn't want me to have it."

Harry hands me the letter and watches me eagerly as I read the front, which says Perseus Potter, at 4 Privet Drive.

When I flip the envelope over, there is a red wax crest sealing the envelope. As I look at the four animals depicted, a lion in the upper left, a serpent in the upper right, a badger in the lower left, and an eagle in the lower right, something itches at the back of my mind. The insignia...it's...familiar? But that couldn't be right, could it? I mean, I don't remember ever seeing this symbol before.

Frowning, I gently peel back the wax crest and pull out the two pieces of paper in the envelope. The papers read

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. Please find enclosed a list of necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours Sincerely,
Minerva Mcgonagall
~
Minerva Mcgonagall
Deputy Headmistress

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

UNIFORM
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar
4. One winter cloak (black with silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.
COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic
by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory
by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration
by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi
by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions
by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self Protection
by Quentin Tremble
OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl OR a cat OR a toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST
YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK
Yours sincerely,
Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus
Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

I stare at the pieces of parchment in my hands for awhile longer before slowly handing them to Harry so he can read them himself.

"Woah," Harry breathes. He looks up at me excitedly. "So you're a wizard? Does that mean that I am one, too?"

"I-yes. You and I are both wizards. This school, Hogwarts, it's the one mom and dad wanted us to attend."

"Oh. How do you know that?"

I smile softly as I remember the better part of that evening, "Because they told me. I was three at the time, so you were just a baby, Harry."

"Oh. Well, are you gonna go?"

Sighing, I grab the papers back from Harry and look at them longingly for a moment before shaking my head slowly. "No, I don't think I will."

Harry shoots me a flabbergasted look as he sputters for a minute. "What?! How could you not go?! This is, like, a once in a lifetime opportunity, Percy!"

"I know...but you don't get it, do you?"

Harry tilts his head at me, his emerald orbs shining with confusion. "Don't get what?"

"This school...it's not like a regular school. It's more like a private school." At Harry's blank look I explain further. "What I mean is that while during the school year, you live at school. You have a dorm, you get served meals..."

"Oh. Oh." Harry won't meet my gaze for a long while, and I don't push it. Eventually he says, "You should go. Besides, I'll still get to spend the summer with you, right?"

"Yeah, of course! And I can come visit during Christmas, too. Not to mention you'll be attending Hogwarts with me in a couple years anyway."

When Harry finally gives a confirming nod I throw my arms around him and hug him tight. "Oh Harry, thank you! I could never ask for a better brother. But are you sure you'll be fine staying here with the Dursleys?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Now go write that letter so the school knows you're coming."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1M 38.2K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
351K 15.2K 39
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
151K 6.9K 27
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
184K 5.9K 78
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...