Faded Rainbows

Bởi Pidge-onn

King Trollex of the Techno trolls is the youngest of the Tribe leaders, but has already dealt with his fair s... Xem Thêm

Unprepared
Bleeding Colors
Connections
A song to heal a heart
A story
Friends old and new
Vibe City
Family ties
Tears and Laughter
Lonesome Flats
Time to think
Flash back
Country Boy
Symphonyville
Heart strings
Extended family
Neoclassic
Volcano rock city
Mischief
Escape
Rock Candy
Rebel
Techno Reef
Visitors
Drop the Beat
The Abyss
A Brief History
Memories
Let Music be your guide
Take the plunge
Stand up
Breach the surface
One door closes

Past, Present, and Future

457 15 2
Bởi Pidge-onn

Trollex had come to respect Branch's cautious ways and his ability to assess any situation. Especially in this moment, where Branch had just brought to light a very interesting idea. He rubbed at the back of his head, remembering the details of the children's story that all the tribes apparently shared.

"A tribe of trolls different from the others... One that we haven't heard about and only MIGHT be connected to an old kid's story? I don't know Branch, that's a lot of what ifs and questions..."

Branch nodded a bit. "I know, it's why I didn't bring it up sooner, but I figured it's now or never... If we can't get your green back when we get your blue, then it's the only other option, right? There has to be a seventh tribe out there somewhere."

"Even if that's true, Branch, how would we find them? If the only mention is in a story that's been changed across all the tribes, where are we supposed to look? How do we find them?"

"Well, let's look at what we do know...." Branch pulled out several rocks, all of which were a different color. He led up the pile. "We know that the troll in the story ASKED to have his color taken away, so he could be like his friends, right?" He pulled out a grey stone and held it up. "Grey is a lot less noticeable than a rainbow, after all." He smiled nervously. "No offence of course."

He waved off the others concern. "None taken."

"And we know that in every story, the rainbow troll asks a rainbow to take away his color. Maybe that's important? I know a cloud that we could ask, but... I'd rather not deal with him, he's... hard to handle." Trollex noted the nervous and exhausted tone Branch used when speaking about the cloud in question. "Beyond that, we know that sometime in the past, all our tribes would have been connected to this other tribe." He smiled. "And I think that was before the strings ever existed."

His eyes widened slightly. "Wait, that's a big jump! What makes you think it's from BEFORE the strings?" If that was true, then a children's book might be the closest thing to a history before the strings.

"In the story, the trolls just give a piece of their color, but for you, you get it from music and building a connection to it and its tribe... That means since the story had no mention of music, it came before the strings." He sighed. "Unfortunately, that's about as far as I can figure. None of the leaders have any books from that time, or anyone that's heard of a seventh tribe..."

Trollex slumped. They were back to square one, even after all of Branch's hard work. "I guess we just have to hope that I can get my green with my tribe..." He found his eyes drifting past Branch, falling on the darkness just outside of the Barrier reef.

He jolted slightly when he felt someone tap his shoulder, spinning around to come face to face with Poppy, who was grinning from ear to ear. "Ohmygosh Trollex! You look so cute! Come on, don't be a loner, come see how it's coming! We should be able to do the show for you by tonight!"

He let out a yelp as she grabbed his hand and started to swim away with him. He looked at Branch, who gave a small salute. He had a feeling he wouldn't get out of this any time soon.

Once he had been dragged over to the main group, he realized just how bad an idea it was to have agreed to the outfit. Just about every Techno troll was completely awe struck, many of the girls commenting on how cute he was, and the boy commenting on wanting to see Trollex in other outfits. Being the center of attention with his own trolls was common, but usually when they were this amped up, he had a reason to keep his distance. He chuckled awkwardly, fiddling with the bracelet on his wrist.

That's when a bloom suddenly sprouted on the bracelet, letting out a soft chiming sound. He stared at it, along with all the other Techno trolls gathered around him. "What in Th—WAH!" He cried out as he was suddenly tackled by Poppy, and it quickly tuned into a hug pile consisting of every visiting Pop troll pilling on top of Trollex, who was very confused and distressed.

After a few moments of struggles, he realized it was hopeless, and there was no method of escape. He could distantly hear his trolls muttering to each other, trying to figure out what their guests were doing to their king.

After a bit, the hug pile began to dissipate, the Pop trolls all laughing at the poor confused Trollex, who was finally able to breath. He looked between them all, eyes wide. "What in the deep ocean was that all about?"

Poppy gestured to the bracelet on her wrist, which looked similar to the one they'd given him. "It was hug time!"

Trollex could see Coral Blush out of the corner of his eye, and saw him watching with rapt attention. If hug time was what he thought he was, he hoped Coral didn't get any ideas. "Um, what is hug time, anyway...?"

"Oh! We Pop trolls hug every hour, to remind us that we're all together and all happy and everything is wonderful! The bracelets let us know when hug time is~." She gestured to Cooper, who floated over. "Ours are made from Cooper's fur!"

He looked at Cooper, who seemed pleased as punch. "But... HOW does it work? I... huh?"

He watched as Coral slowly floated forward, nervously tugging at his fingers. He looked up at Poppy and Cooper, smiling nervously. "Miss Queen Poppy, Mister Prince Cooper, can I have a hug time bracelet to...? I wanna hug everyone and make em all happy...!"

There was a collective D'Awwww from all gathered and Poppy sniffled softly, nodding as she tried to crouch in an attempt to get more on Coral's level. This ended with Cooper needing to steady her and keep her from summersaulting off into open water. "Oooh, of course!" She looked at all the curious and eager Techno trolls. "Next time we come, we'll bring a whole bunch so everyone can have one!"

The Techno troll tribe all cheered, Coral dashing forward to hug Poppy, knocking her into a cartwheel through the water. She giggled, holding Coral close and giving him a snuggle. Trollex sighed, smiling softly. While he was happy his tribe was enjoying other troll cultures, he wasn't too sure he'd enjoy hug time as much as the Pop trolls.

Once everyone had at last calmed down, Trollex was surprised to spot Guy diamond up on the DJ stand with DJ Suki. The two seemed to be discussing something. He swam over, tilting his head slightly and giving the Synthfish a gentle pet on the head. "What are you two up to?"

Suki smiled, gesturing to Guy Diamond. "We're making the finishing touches before we start up. Guy's going to sing, and I'll be taking care of mixing!" He had to admit, it was a good plan. Between Suki being the DJ and Guy doing vocals, this party would be nearly exactly like the ones he would throw.

He grinned, his ear fins wiggling a bit in his joy. "This is going to be great! I can't believe you're nearly done already. Do you want me to do anything?"

Suki shook her head as two Ampfish swam towards her. She smiled at them before addressing Trollex. "No, we got this. We just gotta wait on your lil fishy friend now. Beat was his name, right?"

Trollex nodded, and flicked his tail, propelling himself backwards slightly. "Yup! I'll go get him; I'm the fastest swimmer in my tribe, after all!" He zipped off, making his way back to LED castle. It was true; he was the fastest in his tribe, even without track skip. When he did have it, nothing could keep up with him.

His mom was the only one who used to be able to beat him. He looked out towards the deep ocean, smiling sadly. "Mom, dad... what would you guys say to all this? Letting land trolls throw a Techno rave...? Would you be proud of what I became...?"

As he grew close enough to the castle to make out its details, he hesitated, staring up at it. So much had happened in such a short time. He had managed to find friends and new family outside of the water, and learned that his trolls really did care about him. He looked down at his outfit, fiddling with the bracelet. Maybe they wanted him to stay king? He could ask, and make an offer similar to Lonesome flats. He liked the idea of giving them that option.

Plus, if he never had a clutch of his own...

He shook the thoughts from his head. He didn't like to think about the possibility of eggs, but... he had met some trolls on his trip that had struck his fancy...

He swam forward and in through his bedroom window, where he found Beat snoozing happily on his pillow again. He chuckled and floated over the bed, looking down at the sleeping fish. "Hey, Beat... it's time to wake up lil' buddy... The party's gonna start soon, and we need you there." He gave the other a gentle poke. "Wake up bud."

Beat let out a frustrated grumble, his eyes opening a little to stare up at Trollex. "Dude, what's going on...? They can't really be ready already..."

Trollex nodded. "Those land trolls work fast. The DJ and the singer are all ready to start the show, they just need you."

The little fish stretched his fins a bit, giving them a little flick to shake the sleep off before he floated off the pillow. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get you back your color!" Beat swam quickly out the window, Trollex laughing as he followed close behind.

It didn't take them long to make it back to the DJ reef, but within the time he'd been gone, all Techno trolls in the kingdom had gathered, all chatting excitedly while Poppy, Branch, Cooper and Barb floated near the coral structure, Suki and Guy diamond behind the Synthfish.

He could see the rest of the snack pack scattered around the structure, seeming ready to dance when everything started up.

The two swam down to the group of land trolls, grinning brightly. "Alright, I got Beat!" He watched as Beat swam forward, taking up his usual position. He glanced over towards the gathered royals, and nodded. "What say we get this party started?"

Poppy set her hands on her hips, turning to address the crowd. "WHO'S READY TO PAR-TAY!!"

All the Techno trolls let out an excited cry, and Poppy spun to Suki and Guy Diamond, cuing them to start.

Guy Diamond and Suki shared a look, before Guy began to sing into a head mounted microphone, swinging his arms open wide in the water, spreading a cloud of glitter in the water.

Work it
Make it
Do it
Makes us

Suki kicked on the beat, and the party was on! Trollex grinned, darting off into the crowd of Techno trolls to dance with him tribe. He'd not gotten a chance to do this since his parents passed!

Harder
Better
Faster
Stronger
More than
Hour
Our
Never
Ever
After
Work is
Over
Work it
Make it
Do it
Makes us
Harder
Better
Faster
Stronger

Having Guy Diamond sing was a fantastic idea, with his singing voice sounding so similar to their own, it felt so naturally Techno, even though it was two Pop trolls preforming.

Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever
Hour after
Our work is
Never over

He could see all the other land trolls dancing, some singing along and all showing off completely different move sets. He even saw Biggie trying to copy his trick from the post world tour party using Mr. Dinkles in place of Beat.

Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever
Hour after
Our work is
Never over
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever
Hour after
Our work is
Never over
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever
Hour after
Our work is
Never over
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever
Hour after
Our work is
Never over
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever
Hour after
Our work is
Never over
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever
Hour after
Our work is
Never over

He could feel his heart racing, glancing down to see his heart pulsing a strong blue. He grinned widely, and grabbed the nearest troll to dance with, which happened to be Coral. The two spun together, Coral giggling as his own small heart beat quickly to the tempo.

Work it harder make it
Do it faster makes us
More than ever hour
Our work is never over
Work it harder make it
Do it faster makes us
More than ever hour
Our work is never over

He could feel a familiar melody playing within his heart, and a quick glance down at his body confirmed what he thought. Not only was the blue coloration on his arms back, but his whole body returned to its former color, the pixels on his tail lighting up brightly.

Work it
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever
Hour after
Our work is
Never over
Work it harder make it
Do it faster makes us
More than ever hour
Our work is never over
Work it harder make it
Do it faster makes us
More than ever hour
Our work is never over

He felt a sharp pang of pain in his chest, and he bit his lip, resting a hand over his racing heart. He was starting to feel dizzy, the world turning blurry around him.

Work it harder
Do it faster
More than ever
Our work is never over

He looked down, shocked when Coral let out a little whimper and fell into his chest. "I don't feel so good..." Oh no... the tempo! A quick look over at his people confirmed his suspicions. All of them were slowing down, wanting to enjoy the music but suffering the effects of the tempo. He held Coral close, doing his best to swim for the DJ booth.

Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever
Hour after
Our work is never over

Trollex, having lost his sense of up and down, mistakenly slammed into the Synthfish, but luckily that was enough to stop any music. Suki and Guy diamond jumped, swimming back in the water a short distance as the young king floated in the water, still holding Coral close.

Poppy looked at Trollex worriedly, then over the crowd, seeing that all of them were in varying degrees of consciousness, those that remained awake holding their chests and in clear pain.

Poppy gasped. "Oh no... the Tempo! Guys, help me get them to the surface! We can take care of them on land...!"

Those were the last words he heard as Trollex fell unconscious, his heart beating painfully in his chest as blood rushed to his head.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

13.4K 175 15
Finally This Is✨My Third Story✨ I'm Gonna To Enjoy Writing This So Much. Now it has been 3 years since Ruby has been living with the trolls and every...
73.6K 1.2K 16
Queen Barb has a plan to unite the trolls under one genre of music, rock. You, as her assistant and younger sibling, will support your sister fully a...
26.3K 536 11
When Barb goes to the Techo Trolls to steal there string, they are surprised to see another troll beside Barb. The rock trolls leave with the string...
25.5K 361 25
It's been about a week since the World Tour, and the leaders of Trolldom decide to have a meeting every week to make sure everything is alright. At t...