Shelby Sister

Autorstwa Winter1880

Riley Shelby. 14 year old little sister of Tommy Shelby. Read as she deals with the tribulations of being a... Więcej

Fights
Aftermath
Family Meeting Eavesdropping
Suspicion and Late Night Talks
Danny Whizzbang
Unwanted Memories
Uncle Charlie's Yard
Inspector Campbell
Bonfire
Truth
Billy Kimber
Horse Riding
Grace
A Good Heart
Interruptions
The Lee's
A Nightmare and A Wedding
Off The Rails
Warmth
Pretend
Remember (Republished)
Arthur J Shelby Senior (republished)
Erratic Hearts
I Promise
Black Star Day
It's Alright

Bang!

9.3K 210 79
Autorstwa Winter1880

After the family meeting it was decided the women would go back to the Shelby family home whilst the men *cough* boys had a drink in the Garrison. For once Riley didn't mind not going to the pub as it meant she could spend some time with her sister and newest nephew. Although, both sisters were very different, that didn't diminish the deep care they felt for one another. Being the only Shelby girl's meant they had learnt to stick together when it counted against their over-bearing brothers. And whilst said brothers were away at war Riley had grown closer to her older sister through their mutual heartache and worry for them.

Currently, Riley sat in front of the fire place with baby Karl playing with his teddy bear.
"He looks just like you." Riley said to Ada. Aunt Pol was in the kitchen making tea, leaving the two girls some time to catch up. Ada grinned as Karl babbled wanting his Auntie Riley's attention.

"You think? I thought he took more after Freddie."

"Let's hope not." Riley jokingly replied making a funny face, causing Karl to giggle.

After talking of the baby a few minutes passed of awkward silence. An unspoken distance filled the space between them after not seeing each other for months. Ada sighed catching Riley's attention as she moved to sit behind her son.

"Riley, I'm sorry I haven't been in touch and how everything went down with Freddie and the baby. I should have made more of an effort to reach out to you. It was tommy I was angry at not you."

Riley knew her sister wasn't the only one to blame as she herself could've tried more to get in contact with her. And although she didn't agree with everything both Ada and Tommy had done, she knew there was no point in dwelling in the past when it had all worked out in the end.

"It's fine. I could've made more of an effort myself. I'm just glad your back, if only for now."

Ada smiled, moving forward to hug Riley. As Riley wrapped her arms around Ada's warm figure, she unexpectedly felt like crying. She couldn't remember the last time she had such a loving hug. Thankfully, their Aunt walked in saving Riley the embarrassment.

"Right! Luckily Finn hasn't wolfed down all the biscuits, so I've got Bournville's and Digestives!"

Both girls chuckled at their Aunts announcement knowing all to well what that boy was like once he got his hands on the biscuit tin.

"Save me a Bournville, I'm just gonna put Karl down for his nap."

Riley looked down only just noticing that Karl was leaning on her lap already half asleep. Aunt Pol smiled as she watched her nieces dote on the baby.

"Don't worry love, we've got the angel, haven't we Riley?" Riley nodded as she picked the tired boy up.
"Are you sure? I don't mind-"

"Nonsense girl. You sit yourself down and have a rest while you still can. You've got the next 18 years to worry about the boy." Aunt Pol joked as she dragged Ada into a comfy chair placing a blanket on her lap.

"I hate to admit it but she's right Ada. We'll settle him down. Don't worry I'm sure I won't break him."

"Not funny Riley." Ada deadpanned although the small smile on her face gave away her amusement.

Not even ten minutes later Riley and her Aunt heard a panicked Tommy storm into the house.

"Riley! Ada! Ada, wake up. You, Riley and the baby get into the bull ring, where there's lots of people."

"What's going on?" Aunt Pol asked her frantic nephew as she and Riley came into the front room.

"We've been fucking betrayed. Someone let slip, Kimbers men are on their way here." Tommy answers as he paced the small room. Shit! Shit! Shit! Riley didn't blame her brother for panicking.

"But you can handle them Tommy?" Aunt Pol asked sounding more like she was trying to reassure herself than him.

"It's just us. All the Lees are on their way to the Worcester. We're outnumbered. Fuck!" he shouted as he slammed his hands onto the fire place.

"Who else knew today was the day you were moving on Kimber?" Aunt Pol asked as Tommy took deep breaths.

"Oh fuck." Riley whispered as she realised who it was. She knew it! She knew something was dodgy about that bitch Grace with all her eavesdropping and sneaking around.

"You said you kept it a secret. Who else did you tell?"

Tommy still didn't answer. Riley felt like shouting I told you so, but knew now probably wasn't the best time.

"There's only one thing could blind a man as smart as you Tommy. Love. It was that barmaid."

Riley watched as the pieces fell into place in Tommy's mind. His hands clenched the mantle piece as his icy eyes glared at the wall. Anger mixed with sadness swelled in Riley as she saw her brother's heart break in front of her.

"I will deal with Grace. If you set eyes on her again you might kill her." Aunt Pol stated knowing she was right.

"I'll come with you." Riley said wanting to give the bitch a good slap.

"No Riley, I think we both know that's not a good idea." Aunt Pol firmly replied, knowing the girl was likely ready to jump the woman. "But-"
"No Riley. Pol's right. I want you to go with Ada and the baby where its safe." Tommy voiced, his tone all to serious in the face of his sister's and nephew's safety. Riley huffed and rolled her eyes. She knew there was no getting out of this one.
"You better not leave Ada side Riley. I mean it. Otherwise there will be consequences."

After that Tommy abruptly left, with Pol not far behind him. The Shelby girls set about getting ready to leave. Riley went to her room and crawled under her bed. She grabbed a small box. Inside layed a gun and some casings she had stolen the other week from John when he was drunk. She had hoped it might help with her nightmares, give her a sense of security, but that unfortunately didn't happen. Nonetheless Riley was glad that she had kept it knowing now more than ever it was likely needed.

"Come on Riley, lets go!"

She hurried to conceal the weapon in the inner pocket of her jacket.

"Coming!"

While Riley came down the stair she noticed how her sister was dressed in all black with Karl's pram already outside the door.

"Why are you dressed like your going to a funeral?"

Ada smirked. "Because we're going to stop this madness."

"what do you mean WE?"

Ada didn't reply. Instead she locked the house up and started jogging with the pram towards the Garrison. "Ada! What the fuck are you doing?!" Riley yelled following her psychotic sister. Tommy's gonna kill me!

"Riley!"

She stopped. Infront of her stood Jenny who had crossed the street to catch her attention.
"Jenny?" Riley whispered shocked that the blonde beauty was actually talking to her. It had seemed to her like Jenny was trying to avoid her like the plague after their short but sweet kiss.

"I need to talk to you."

This really couldn't have happened at a worser time! She grimaced as she saw the obvious distress on Jenny's pale face.

"I really want to talk to you too but shits about to go down with my family and if I don't follow my sister soothing bad might happen. I'll find you later okay? I promise we'll talk then."

Before Jenny could reply Riley ran, feeling her heartache at leaving her but knowing she had no other choice. She had to make sure her family was safe. She managed to catch up with Ada just as she reached the armed men.

"Move!" Ada shouted as she stormed between Kimber's men, whilst Riley kept her eyes low dreading her brother's reaction.

"What are you doing?" Freddie yelled at the girls. Riley was surprised to see Freddie there as he was meant to be in prison.

"Don't fucking ask me. I was unwillingly brought along." Riley said hoping her brothers would go easy on her if she pled her case.

"I believe you boys call this no man's land." Ada shouted.

"Ada!" John shouted.

"Shut up and listen."

"have you lost your mind?" Freddie interrupted.

"I said shut up!" Ada yelled having lost her patience.

"Now most of you were in France. So you all know what happens next. I've got brothers and a husband here, but you've all got somebody waiting for you. Now I'm wearing black in preparation." Ada took her hat off and faced Freddie.

"I want you to look at me. I want you all to look at me! Who'll be wearing black for you? Think about them. Think about them right now. and fight if you want to but that baby ain't moving anywhere. And neither am I."

"Me to." Riley joined her sister's side proud of her speech.

"She's right you know." Kimber said causing their attention to turn to him.

"Why should all you men die. It should just be them whose caused it." Kimber said as he lifted his gun.
Riley felt her heart drop as he pulled the trigger. Ringing filled her ears as she watched Tommy fall to the ground. She saw Danny scream as he rushed forward only to be shot in the chest. No!
Riley didn't even think as she raised her arm.

Bang!

Kimber fell to the ground, dead instantly. Everyone paused in disbelief.

"Enough!"

Sound suddenly returned to a stunned Riley.

"It's over. Go home to your families." Tommy shouted cradling his shoulder. Kimber's men grabbed his body and quickly left.

Riley was only faintly aware of all this happening as her mind was occupied trying to process what just happened. A gentle hand cupped her cheek shifting her attention to the concerned eyes of Tommy.

"Riley...why did you shoot?"

"I don't..." her breath hitched. "I don't know. I saw you go down and-"

Remembering his injury Riley looked at his bloody shoulder. "Oh my god are you okay? He shot you."

Tommy brushed her concern off. "It's not me I'm worried about Ri. You just killed a man. Are you okay?"

Am I okay?

Riley wasn't sure if she has ever been okay.

"I don't know." she replied as a tear fell from her haunted eyes. Tommy gently brushed it away as the rest of their concerned brother's rushed to their side.

I don't know.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

12.3K 213 26
Amelia's fear begins when she realizes the darkness within her family. She has always wanted to be part of the gang, Peaky Blinders, but now she is n...
426K 10.2K 56
Eleonora Shelby. Twelve and a family full of gangsters; Ellie navigates her way through love and loss, pain and heartbreak, brothers and lovers, and...
1.4K 19 12
Isabella is a younger sister of the 3 Shelby brothers . She proves her brothers aren't the only Shelby's people should fear.
4.3K 124 13
Lily Banks has been best friends with Finn ever since she was five. 𝖶𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗇𝗌 𝗐hen she finally realises her feelings for the boy after...