Blended (Beastars Cafe AU)

Por MrToastyToast

It was a pretty slow day at Legosi's small cafe. The light chatters of the animals inside were a calming whit... Más

Black Coffee Please
The Next Step
Louis and Legosi Sitting in The Tree~
Sweets
I Want You
A Side Story [Durham/Miguno]
Old Men in Love [Gosha/Yahya]

Good Boy

4.1K 148 307
Por MrToastyToast

"Hmm~ hmm~" Legosi was humming a song cheerfully while cleaning the empty counter and tables, his tail lightly wagging behind him.

A golden labrador retriever was rearranging the ingredients on the shelfs behind the counter.

"Thanks for helping out again today Jack, I appreciate it." Legosi said.

"No biggie. I didn't have anything to do today anyway, might as well spend it with my best friend right?" the retriever replied with a grin. "Besides, I get some of your free coffee and homemade pastries by doing this, so it's a win-win for me!"

"Mmhmm~," Legosi smiled back and nodded. He went back to cleaning, still humming and wagging his tail.

"..." Jack silently watched the wolf with a smile.

It was pretty rare to see the wolf in such a good mood, he was usually all quiet and gloomy.

"You've been in a good mood the entire day Legosi. Did something good happen recently?"

He stopped humming, "H-huh? I guess you can say that.."

"With the way your tail's wagging and everything, I can only guess you're in love or something!" The retriever laughed.

Legosi entire body froze at the mention of the word 'Love' from the retriever. He was forced to wonder, was that really what he was feeling this entire time? Is that why he was looking forward to meeting the deer again so much since the start of today?

"Just imagine. You, Legosi, finally being in love." Jack continued to laugh, but he immediately went quiet after seeing Legosi froze. His eyes widened, "Wait.. you can't be serious? Are you actually-"

"Nope" The wolf shook his head.

A big grin appeared on the retriever's face, "Oh c'mon, you are aren't-!"

"It's nothing!"

Some of the animals inside started to stare at the two, curious to know what the commotion was about.

Jack's tail wagged excitedly behind him, "In the 20 years that you've lived you're finally in love! Who is it?! Is it-"

"The customers are staring, Jack" He hissed.

Jack huffed and pointed a finger at the wolf, "You better tell me later then!"

"Fine fine! Just calm down!"

The two were silent afterwards. They each managed to calm down before going back to their own tasks. The atmosphere in the cafe thankfully went back to normal, and all the other animals got back to what they were doing before they were staring at the two canines.

"So.. mind telling me now?" Jack whispered.

Legosi sighed, "You said Later."

"Fineee.."

-----//

Legosi glanced again to the clock on the wall while manning the counter.

03:17 PM

The deer came here around this time yesterday, so he should probably be coming soon. Legosi was looking forward to meeting him again, but he was also growing anxious. He couldn't stand still, he fidgeted and shifted his weight left and right.

Something about Louis made him feel.. admittedly a bit scared, the deer's gazes were intimidating. But he can't deny that his stares were also enticing and captivating, and that they made him feel.... excited, made him feel wanted. Which he never really experienced before.

The wolf's tail started to wag again.

"Okay seriously, now you're scaring me Legosi. First you were happy, then anxious, and now happy again. Just who is it that can make you act like this?" Jack commented form beside him.

"Oh shut-"

Legosi suddenly smelled something familiar near the entrance, and his tail wagged even harder.

"A-ah, Legosi! Your tail's going to- oomphf! Agh!" the wolf's tail hit the retriever behind him squarely on his face multiple times.

*Kring*
A familiar deer entered the cafe

"Louis-san, you came!"

The deer was startled. Sure, he expected the wolf to be somewhat excited to see him again. But he didn't expect to be greeted by the wolf shouting his name while his tail mercilessly beat a dog behind him repeatedly.

"Well.. You seem excited to see me," Louis smiled and sat down on one of the bar stools. His eyes glanced at the wolf's tail.

Legosi followed Louis's eye to his still wagging tail. The tail practically told the deer he was happy beyond belief to see him again, "O-oh um, this is just-" He grabbed it and tried to hold it still. "I was just.. um.. sweeping the floor with it!"

Louis raised an eyebrow, "With your tail?"

"Uh.. yeah! We canines can use it like a broom too Y'know!"

"Uh-huh, sure." The deer replied, unconvinced but amused. "Just say you're happy to see me Legosi." Louis chuckled.

Legosi sighed and looked down, defeated. He took a deep breath and looked at the deer again, "Anyway.. What's your order today Louis-san?"

"Same as yesterday, I'm sure you remember it."

"Black coffee then." He turned around and started brewing his order.

Louis leaned forward on his elbows and watched the wolf work, his eyes following the wolf's every movement.

"..." Jack stared silently at the deer and then at Legoshi.

The retriever walked quickly to stand next to Legosi and whispered, "L-Legosi, don't tell me.. It's him isn't it?!"

"W-what makes you think that?!" the wolf whispered back.

"I've been your best friend for forever now! And the way you were acting made it obvious!"

"And what if it IS him? I doubt he feels the same way.. he's a guy and.. a herbivore. I don't know if something like that can even work.." Legosi's mouth turned into a frown, his tail and ears drooped..

"You won't know until you try!"

"But Jack- oof!"

Jack hugged Legosi tightly from the side. Stopping him from working on the coffee, "I'll support you Legosi. Even if it's with a guy.. even if it's with a herbivore."

"Jack.."

The retriever let go of Legosi, "Besides, I've heard news of carni-herbis relationships working out, so you have a chance! Just be careful okay!"

The wolf smiled. He could feel all the fears he had before dissipates, "Thanks Jack. That.. really helped"

Jack grinned widely, "That's what I'm here for!"

Louis watched everything unfolded from the other side of the counter. He couldn't hear much because the two canines were whispering, but seeing the two so close to each other.. and when the retriever hugged Legosi so tightly.. the deer could feel a twinge of jealousy within him.

Legosi finally finished the black coffee and gave it to Louis with a small smile, "Here you go Louis-san. I hope you enjoy it."

"Thank you," Louis smiled back and took a sip of the drink. "Ah~"

Legosi's ears perked up, shamefully enjoying the sounds the deer's making.

Louis put his cup back down, "I gotta say, you two seems pretty close.."

"Hm?" Both Jack and Legosi looked at the deer curiously.

"..What's the relationship between you two?" Louis prodded. He wanted to know.. No, he needed to know.

"Ohoho~, why do you want to know?" Jack teased

"Just curious, that's all," the deer managed to keep his poker face.

"We're friends. Jack and I live together in an apartment nearby," Legosi answered the deer's question

"You live together?"

Both of the canines nodded, "Ever since we finished High School," Jack added.

"And you're just friends?" Louis raised an eyebrow.

The retriever suddenly came up with an idea, "Oh we're more than that~, Legosi's understating it" Jack smirked as he watched the deer's reaction.

Louis's grip on his cup tightened and his brow furrowed, "You.. are?"

"We are?" Legosi tilted his head.

"We are!" the retriever looked at Legosi. "We're not just friends, Legosi. we're best friends! How could you forget that?" the retriever chuckled.

The wolf chuckled as well, "Heh, yeah. How could I?"

Louis's body relaxed as he let out a sigh of relief, "I see.."

Jack noticed the deer's reaction, which confirmed his suspicion about the deer. He put a hand on Louis's shoulder and whispered into his ear, "No need to worry, he's not taken."

The deer's eyes went wide, his cheeks reddened "H-How did you-"

"Good luck!" He gave a thumbs up and left to serve the other customers.

Louis watched the retriever go and sighed, "He got me good.."

"What was that Louis-san?"

"No, it's nothing.." The deer waved his hand dismissively. "..And didn't I tell you to just call me Louis?"

"O-oh yeah! S-sorry! I'm just not used to calling someone so informally," Legosi rubbed his nape.

"Well get used to it then. I like hearing my name from you."

"R-really? I-if you say so L-Louis." Legosi made a mental note to say the deer's name more often.

Louis hummed and enjoyed the rest of his coffee while chatting with Legosi.

-----//

Louis finally finished his coffee and looked at his watch. He got off his stool and readjusted his suit, "Well, it's time for me to go now. Thank you again, Legosi."

The wolf's ears and tail drooped, "Already?"

The deer smirked, "You want me to stay longer?"

The wolf looked down and shyly nodded.

"Don't worry.." Louis lifted Legosi's chin up so they faced each other, their snouts almost touching. He gazed straight into Legosi's eyes, "I'll stay longer next time. Just for you~"

Legosi's could feel his face heating up as he gazed back into Louis's eyes. His head relaxed into the deer's touch.

'Next Time' The wolf's tail wagged at the thought.

Louis smirked again when he noticed Legosi's tail wagging behind him, telling him that the wolf was clearly enjoying this. He let go of the wolf's chin, "Just be patient until then. You can do that, right Legosi?"

Legosi nodded.

"Good boy~" the deer said in a low voice. "Here's a reward," he patted the top of Legosi's head.

The praise and pat caused explosions of joy inside of Legosi. He could feel his whole body becoming warmer from it, his skin tingling. And his tail wagged even harder than before. He whined when Louis's hand left his head, already missing the physical contact.

Louis chuckled and smirked smugly, enjoying the state he has caused on the wolf, "Well, see you later then." He waved and walked toward the exit.

*Kring*
The door closed, and Legosi kept staring at it.

Good boy

The word echoed, again and again in Legosi's mind.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

120K 4K 19
Y/n's pov Why did I have to come to this school. I began whimpering as I walked through the halls of Cherryton Academy. My name is y/n and I'm a...
5.7K 123 18
(Book 2) After being saved by Legoshi and his confession, life couldn't get better for Mary. Summer with her friends and with more people coming to C...
114 2 4
This is my very first fanfiction that I've ever posted and it is a beastars fanfiction with my own original characters. Also it is an entirely differ...
14.9K 110 6
Story 1: Louis x Bill - The Grim Foreplay Louis is invited to Cherryton's Drama Club annual play. He finds out that it was Bill, the lead actor who i...