The Evil Beneath Us

Від DarkFortresszn

To be unpublished soon and rewritten! Featured on @DarkFantasy's, @Dangerous Love's, @Ghost's, @Ya's, @Parano... Більше

1 | An Unforeseeable Suprise
2 | A Great Disappointment
3 | A Fatal Encounter
4|The Aftermath
5| Haunted Dreams
6 | Troubled Waters
7| New Beginnings
8 | Chaos Reigns
9 | This Place Is Death
10| The Confrontation
11|A Disastrous Outcome
12 | A Brutal Massacre
13 | All Hope Is Gone
15| The Point Of No Return
16| Vengeance Is Mine
17| When Darkness Falls
18 | A Distorted Reality
19| The Great Escape
20| The Long Walk To Freedom
21| The Honourable Stranger
22 | No Place To Run
23| Man On A Mission
24| Duplicity
25 | No Way Out
26 | Redemption
27| An Unexpected Visitor
28| Till Death Do Us Part
29| Bad Weather Condtions
30| In the Line Of Fire
31 | A Friend Till The End
32 | Face - Off
33| The Reunion
34| Hell On Earth
35| The Confession
36| A Perfect World
| Achievements | Aesthetics |
Playlist

14| Man On The Run

76 22 10
Від DarkFortresszn

Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.
- Carl Jung

Derek could see the edge of the cliff, approaching.He knew the drop would be fatal. His last hope of making it out of this alive was to smash the window with the assistance of his feet, and lunge himself out before the car flew off the cliff. Derek had been convinced the inhuman creature wanted them to depart off together in some sick and twisted fantasy played out in her head.He could see the way she looked at him.The way those black stained, razor sharp teeth grinned at him, as if it were enjoying every minute of the hell it was putting Derek through. She was a sadist by nature, evil incarnate with an insatiable fixation for trying to ruin his life. He wouldn't let it happen.That bitch had another thing coming.

He glanced down in the midst of all madness and relentless struggle at escaping her clutches, fully fired up and ready to go. He was aware of the situation he was in. It was like nothing he had ever imagined. It was a nightmare turned into a terrifying reality. He realised his hands were of no use to him now and Melissa's bobby pin was way out of reach, for him to dig down his pocket and grab them in time. They they were only seconds away from plunging off the cliff. The crazy woman showed no mercy of where their fate was going to end up. She was already dead, and from the looks of it, she wanted him six feet under too.

She was now in the driver's seat - literally, the officer beside her had been brutally massacred to death. Derek could see the man's spleen hanging on the dashboard moving to and fro, in his direction. He had to force his attention away from it. Derek found it totally sickening what she did to them, and he knew she wasn't going to stop there; she had only just begun her reign of terror.

There was blood and body, parts everywhere, from the police officers, she'd savagely butchered to death. All that was left was Derek and this deranged woman, who was trying to execute out her sinister, plan, and that was putting him in his grave. He just couldn't fathom why she had so much hatred for him - for someone she didn't even know.

Derek could see the cliff, getting closer- nearer. He had a deep sickening feeling inside him - wondering if his plan would work in time. He realized, it wa do or die now, he was grasping at straws and he knew his time was limited. The cliff was nearly upon them, fully aware he had not a second to lose. He squeezed his eyes, closed and gathered what little strength he had left in him, and booted out the window, with both feet, the loud smash of the window being broken, was nothing compared to those women's hideous and relentless screams, as she tried to wrestle him back in the car.

With days of pent up frustration building inside him, he pushed harder then he ever did in his life, and slid his body, down on the seats nudging the dead officer over with his shoulder, so he could get past him. The shattered glass pieces from the window, were like knives; mercilessly stabbing him, the further he got to the window. Their eyes met for the last time, and he shot her a look of confidence that her plan had once again backfired.

"Not today bitch," he said, before hoisting himself out of the window. Derek could feel her nails, desperately trying to lunge into his flesh and pull him back in the car, but it was too late.Derek had already launched himself out of the window like a cannon ball firing up into the sky. He let out a long groan of discomfort, as his body slapped the cold, hard concrete, floor that showed not an ounce of remorse for his decline.

He began to roll, uncontrollably, feeling every bit of hard gravel on the ground poke and jab at his body.He could see the car was already steering off the cliff. Derek could see that woman's face pressed up against the window and their eyes met for the final time. He knew just by looking into those menacing white eyes of hers that this was far from over. He rolled onto his back and lay in the centre of the road, not caring if he got killed out here. He would have rather been killed by a four-wheel truck than go through that again.

He slid his hands down his pockets, in search for anything that could release these damn handcuffs, that had been sitting on his wrists for so long. He pulled out a bobby pin of Melissa's that he remembered absentmindedly picking it up, and somehow it managed to wind up in his pocket. Grateful to have this at his disposal, he unlocked the handcuffs. It felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders when he at last felt them been released.

He furiously threw them in a bush, grabbing his wrists, that were still aching with immense pain from the handcuffs. The road remained deserted for hours, Derek knew it wouldn't be long before she would find him and strike her reign of terror on him once again. But he was weak and he knew very well that he wouldn't get very far in the state he was in. He lay on the side of the road, waiting for anyone to come past and help him, but there was nothing; nobody came and Derek was slowly beginning to lose hope.

He closed his eyes, digging his hands in his pockets again, discovering he still had his phone, but when he looked down at the screen, he realised his luck had once again run out. The bars were low; which meant there was no signal, his only hope was a good Samaritan driving past at this time of the night, he knew the odds of that were slim, but he couldn't give up hope. He had to keep moving forward, his wife and daughter depended on him, it was just a terrible misunderstanding and Derek knew he had to make Melissa realise that.

He quickly slid his phone back in his pockets, when he heard a car approaching him and it was coming right towards him, he quickly stumbled to his feet, standing purposefully in the centre of the narrow little road, trying to get a better look at what was coming his way. He began flagging them down, relieved that the car was slowing down when he got a better look at the car, he saw it was a Cadillac, Deville convertible, 1961 model, it was ruby red with not a blemish on it from what he could see.

A real pearl of a car to see in such a slum of the wasteland. Derek thought.

The car pulled up beside him, and inside was an elderly couple.

Derek had a way of assessing people at first glance, these people were far from shady or dubious and he soon felt relaxed and at ease in their presence.

The old man's face appeared from the shadows, he had a soft; honourable looking face, they say the eyes are the windows of your soul, and he had kind-looking eyes that brought Derek immediate solace.

"Is everything okay?" The old man asked Derek sounding genuinely concerned. It's a hell of a place to be at this time, of the night."

Derek knew the cops would be hot on his tail by now, he wanted to turn himself in, he didn't want to be a man on the run; a fugitive, running from the law, framed for something he knew he did not do, even if it meant getting the lethal injection, he would die a happier man, then been at the mercy of that atrocious woman.

Derek glanced over this shoulder wondering if she was going to reel her ugly head, any time soon, and attack him, he knew she had to be close, waiting with anticipation to strike again.

"I ended up going for a stroll and kind of got lost," Derek said, he knew it was a lie but he couldn't very well tell them the truth they'd have thought he was off his rocker.

"Would you like a lift sonny?" the old man asked him.

Derek wasted no time in getting in the back of the car, he couldn't help but notice how well taken care of, the car was the leather seats, still looked as good as new, it still had that freshly bought smell, inside the Interior and Derek could see these old people took pride in their things their car being one of them.

He needed a place to crash at least until Dawn, before he could make it to Mel's parent's place, he needed to clean up, and a good have a good nights rest, he knew tomorrow was going to be difficult just trying to see Mel, knowing her father he'd probably had imprisoned her and Holly in their home filling her head with all kinds of crazy ideas about him.

He also imagined David sinking his claws into her, but he knew Mel would never have fallen for his charms, she loved him and he trusted her with his life, it was just David he didn't trust.

The sweet old lady peered over her shoulder at Derek, she had the brightest emerald green eyes he'd ever seen, he knew he couldn't have been anywhere safer than being right where he was at this moment, but his heart yearned and longed for his wife and child, wondering how they were and if they were safe, he couldn't bear a second longer of being apart from them.

The sweet old couple had given Derek a place to rest in the meantime, even if it was only for the night, it was all Derek needed until he could gather his composure, until dawn.

They stayed in a quaint little wooden house, not too far from where they had picked him up, it was a perfect little house for a couple like them, they were the most hospitable people Derek had ever come across he felt immediately welcomed as soon as he'd entered their home before Derek could even step foot in the door, the woman was offering him a warm cup of tea, leftover beef stew, and ginger snaps, he could hear his stomach growling as he made his way to the couch, sitting beside the lampshade, he could smell the freshly baked cookies coming out of the oven, reminding him even more at how famished he truly was.

He reached for one biscuit, then two, then three his hands trembling, he could hear his stomach singing him a round of applause at each biscuit he ate.

"These are Delicious!" Derek complimented the old woman who had a big smile on her face, accentuating her rosy cheeks even more.

"I'm glad you liked them, dear!" She beamed.

" You looked like you needed that," the man pointed out, relaxing into his recliner in front of Derek.

Derek smiled at the fireplace in front of him, feeling all nostalgic suddenly, it reminded him of being a kid again, when he would sit in front of the fireplace each night beside his parents.

"I see you are married." the woman pointed out noticing Derek's wedding band on his finger.

" Your wife must be worried sick about you.

Derek could feel the dark cloud emerging over his head once again, reminding him how badly he wanted to see Melissa and his daughter.

"You remind me a lot of my grandson Adam," Derek heard the woman chatter on," he's also very handsome like you, and very smart, he came top of his class at Yale and is now a top attorney at a leading firm.

"You must be so proud."Derek, smiled, taking another long sip of his tea.

" We are yes, thank you."

"So tell me, what is a fine young fellow like yourself doing in these parts? The old man asked him.

"Your family must be worried sick about you."

"There was a huge misunderstanding and I need to make my wife understand that," Derek responded urgently.

His eyes averting around the house hoping he could see a phone in sight.

" I was wanting to ask you if I could use your phone?"

"It's their sonny," the man answered back rising from his chair, Derek could hear the old man's joints clicking.

He pointed his finger, to what appeared to be the kitchen area.

"Take it along as you like, we hardly make phone calls unless it's to the grandkids." The man chuckled, relaxing back into his chair.

Derek, headed to the kitchen, in a slow stride, reciting what he was going to say to Mel over and over in his head, thinking how he couldn't wait to hear her sweet voice again.

He slowly dialled in the number
Catching a glimpse of the Jack Daniels sitting on the kitchen countertop.

Get it together. Derek angrily scolded himself you can't fall dow."

After pressing the last digit of her number, he heard it ring. After the third ring, a voice picked up but it was not his wife's voice, it was none other than David Letterman. Derek felt enraged at this moment wondering why this son of a bitch was answering his wife's phone. He felt the rage and fury building up inside him all at once, suddenly something snapped inside Derek and he felt himself enter a very dark and terrifying place, but little did he realise that voice, he heard on the other end was revelling
In all this, knowing it wouldn't be long before Derek would inevitably crack and lose his mind and she would have him right where she wanted him.

In the process of being edited and rewritten.

Total word count:2167

If you liked this chapter, please don't forget to vote and comment, your feedback means a lot to me. Thanks again for reading chapter 11 of the evil beneath us! and stay tuned for the next update, a lot is going to take place in it.:)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Untethered Від Jessa Martell

Жіночі романи

1.7M 67.9K 58
[COMPLETED] Wattys2018 Shortlist! PROMOTED ON COSMOPOLITAN.COM Highest rank #6 on Chicklit What's Hot List FOLLOW ME FOR EXCLUSIVE UPDATES ❤ ...
116K 7.6K 95
WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST Sarah Kennedy's life has fallen to pieces. Her family is broken, she's growing apart from her only friend, and it's been a whil...
37.8K 3.4K 33
Liam left everything that he knew behind, his house, the neighborhood he lived in, and the city that he knew. Why? Because he needed a change. He nee...
65.6K 11.1K 122
🌟WATTYS 2023 SHORTLIST 🌟WATTYS 2023 FANS CHOICE AWARDS NOMINEE 🌟WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST 🌟Editor's Pick (Reading Radar) Feb 2024 🌟 Featured Wattpa...