The Trouble Next Door (Book #...

Od nevergoingtofindme

(Book #3 of the mafia series) Sierra is now 21 years old and in her last year of collage She lives in this... Více

Authors Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch.12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch.18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch.26
Ch.28
Ch.29
Ch. 30
Ch.31
Ch.32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch.39
Ch. 40
Ch.41
Ch.42
Ch.43
Ch.44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch.47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch.50

Ch. 27

2.8K 142 4
Od nevergoingtofindme

Sierras POV

"Move your feet faster..... now your just swinging to slow...... move faster..... you want to lose like that?....... Bonnie fights better then you at this point" Ace says from behind the bag.

"We both know that I'm doing amazing" I say back and that's when I freeze.

Ace is now looking at me with a raised eyebrow and I already knows what to do.

I drop to a push up stand and immediately start on my 50 push ups for talking back.

"Don't you think you are going to hard on her, Matthew?" I hear a voice taht I recognize as the owners son, Paul Jenson, say.

"She came to me to train her. She knew what she was getting into now shut it, Jenson" Ace barks back at Paul.

I am already soar from the last few workouts and let me just say that I forgot how intense Ace trains.

It almost feels like my moms and dads training.

Both were equally as worst. I don't even know how I didn't die.

"Yeah but-"

"Are you questioning my teaching skills, Jenson?" Ace ask and I hear him turning more serious.

"N-n-no s-sir" Jenson says terrified making me want to laugh.

"I-I- was j-ju-"

"Shut it or else I'll make you run 2,000 laps around the gym." Ace says before I hear footsteps leaving.

"For such a loving father you sure are one hell of a trainer" I say and I can basically feel him glaring at me.

"For someone so feared you sure are talkative" Ace says squatting down for me to hear.

I stay quiet after that knowing if I talk back he's going to force me to do more pushups.

I hear the little bell go off alerting everyone that someone has just came in.

Finally I finish my push ups and stand up ready for what Ace is going to put me to do next but I see him starring at someone behind me.

"What's up?" I ask and he glances at me before looking back at the person.

"The roof" he says and I roll my eyes.

I turn back to look at the person or thing he was staring at.

I realize that he was staring at whoever Paul was showing around too.

"He looks familiar don't you think?" Ace ask and I focus more on the guy.

He was tall built,  even tho he had on a sweater you can tell he was muscular from the back and I'm guessing he's muscular from the front too as well as his toned arms.

He was a bit tan and has Dirty blonde hair making me feel as if I would recognize who he was.

"Seems familiar?" Ace ask and I slowly nod.

"Okay enough starring and start punching the bag" Ace says clapping his hands together.

I take a last look at the guy who still had his back turned on us before I listen to what Ace said.

I began on my stance before I go at it on the bag and I can already hear Ace sighing.

"My, my, my, you have gotten sloppy" Ace says holding the bag while rolling his eyes.

I glance at him and give him a mischievous smile.

"If you plan on doing something stupid then you can kiss my mentoring goodbye" Ace says making me roll my eyes as I continue punching the bag.

"You're no fun" I say and that's when an alarm goes off.

"That wraps up todays workout" Ace says turning off the alarm.

"But-"

"If you wouldn't have spent your time talking back then we would have had more time" Ace says checking his phone. "And plus I have to pick up Bonnie from Saturday school"

I sigh and wipe away the sweat from my forehead.

"Can I tag along?" I ask not wanting to go to my apartment yet.

"Sure but make sure to take a quick shower, you stink" Ace says scrunching up his face in disgust.

"I'm pretty sure that's you" I say getting my bag and heading over to the showers.

Paul's dad only lets Ace and I use the private showers since he treats us like we're family.

Too bad he's somewhere in Europe right now or else he would have been surprised that I've been coming to the gym for the past few weeks.

Rushing to take a shower, knowing that if I'm not out within the next 10 minutes, Ace will leave. I hurry on putting my clothes on before stepping back out.

I scans the room for Ace and then my eyes meet Paul's.

"He just stepped out" Paul says and I start muttering profanities in all Italians before rushing outside.

I see Ace already halfway down the street making me run to catch up to him.

Slowly I felt the soreness coming it and running did not help at all with it.

"MATT YOU ASSHOLE" I shout through pants.

When I finally catch up to him he just casually keeps on walking with his hands on his sweater.

"For someone who fights for a living you sure are slow" Ace comments as we continue on walking.

"Shut up" I say and he starts to laugh.

"Meet me at the gym tomorrow morning" He says walking off into the direction of the subway as if I didn't come with him.

"I want to spend time with Bonnie" I say following after him.

"Suite yourself. Let me just warn you that she woke up cranky today" he says but I don't worry about it.

"It's probably because she had to see your ugly ass when she woke up" I yawn as we go down the stairs.

"Pst, As if. Have you not seen me? I'm attractive as hell" He says making me laugh.

Ace was quite attractive but I'm not going to say that or else it'll raise his ego.

"When was the last time you got laid?" I ask him wiggling my eyebrows and he glares at me as we get into the subway.

"When was the last time you got laid?" He says back and I start to think about it.

Come to figure out that it was weeks before me and Drew broke up and he didn't even let me finish.

"About half a month ago. He didn't even let me finish" I say annoyed and he laughs.

"Why are you laughing? At least I've been getting some unlike you who hasn't gotten laid in what? 5 years?" I ask and he goes back to glaring at me.

A few moments later.

When we got inside the daycare we heard a loud scream making us turn to see Bonnie on top of a table screaming while the rest of the kids hide in the corner.

"Hey, at least she's showing who's alpha" I mutter trying not to laugh but Ace didn't find it funny.

"We don't know what happen, sir. Bonnie just started acting out like this 10 minutes ago" The daycare lady says and Ace just sighs and begins to talk to the lady.

When me and Ace got close around 4 years ago Bonnie would have bad days and would cry for a few days and that's when I would take her but lately she hasn't been acting like this.

"Hi Bonnie" I say and her head turns towards me and she gets off the table and walks over to me but her eyes were glued to the floor the whole time.

"We are going to hangout today. Does that sound okay?" I ask her taking her coat and putting it on her.

"Yeah" she says in a low voice.

I take her hand and we start to walk over to Ace who is getting Bonnies backpack.

"Apparently she threw a chair at a kid" Ace says calmly but I can tell he was mad.

My mouth fell open at the news since she is always so calm.

"She did what?" I ask shocked at what she did.

"Care to explain?" Ace says giving me her back pack and crouching down so he could be eye level with her.

Bonnie is still looking down at her feet while she fiddles with her fingers.

I see her tears drop to the floor as she try to make out her words.

"He.... he made ....fun.... of me" Bonnie says sniffing and still looking at the ground.

"For... for not... having a... mom" she finally says crushing my heart.

At this point my eyes are watering from what she just told me.

Ace looks away from Bonnie and I can tell he wanted to kill someone or just beat the shit out of someone by the way his foot starts bouncing up and down, his fist balling up and opening again, and the way he is clenching his jaw.

Finally he takes a deep breath in and out and looks back at Bonnie.

He stands back up and takes Bonnies hand.

He starts to walk outside and I catch up with them.

"Let's go get ice cream, mamas" Ace says calmly as ever.

He's doing it again.

Bonnie looks shocked but I can tell she doesn't say anything about it.

He's keeping his emotions in so Bonnie won't see his rage.

I fall back just walking behind them with Bonnies bunny backpack as we head to the ice cream shop.

I can see Bonnie glancing back at me with a curious look as to why she father isn't mad and why he's taking her to get ice cream.

I shrug not knowing what to say because I don't even know what's running through Aces head.

I mean I never do but at least he drops some clues as to what he's thinking. Right now I can't I don't even know if he's planning on killing someone or beating the shit out of someone.

I'm guessing both?

When we finally make it to the ice cream shop it was empty which was good because I don't like crowded areas.

"I'll get us the ice cream. You guys could look for a table" Ace says lowly.

I let Bonnie chose where to sit and noticing how her mood quickly lit up when we entered.

She chose a table all the way in the back and I see her smile until it turned into a frown.

"Do you think dad is mad at me for what I did?" Bonnie ask.

One thing I do know about Ace is that he wouldn't have anyone messing with his little princess.

"He's not mad at you. He's just.... he's thinking" I say looking over at Ace who still has a stone face.

"Is it because of mom?" She says almost whispering it.

I look back over at her with sad eyes.

"I don't know" is all I say.

But I do know.

He is thinking about her. He's thinking about Pearl, her mother.

Ace walks over to us with the ice creams and we start to dig in.

It was quiet while we were eating our ice creams.

"Pa. Stop looking so mad you'll get wrinkles" Bonnie says braking the silence.

I look at Ace and I see him furrowing his eyebrows even deeper making me laugh.

"She has a point. You're already as old as it is" I say still laughing.

"Callete Mensa" Ace says to me making me laugh even harder at the fact that he's offended.

(Shut up, you fool)

"How do you even know about wrinkles?" Ace ask Bonnie.

"I can read for a reason, pa" She says sarcastically rolling her eyes.

"You've been hanging out with your Tia too much" Ace says glaring at me.

"I thought I was her Madrina "

"I thought she was my Madrina"

Both me and Bonnie say looking at him confused.

"Potato patato" Ace says shrugging it off.

"Can we watch Cars 2 when we get home?" Bonnie ask giving her dad puppy eyes.

Ace looks at her and flatly says "no"

My mouth drops open for the second time today.

Literally no one can say no to her when she flashes her puppy eyes. Even me!

"You're cold" She says as if in pain.

Ace laughs at her and that's when she goes on to say what happened throughout her day.

Slowly I got this unsettling feeling that someone was watching us.

I scan the room and my eyes land on someone outside the ice cream shop.

It was Hayden across the street looking directly at me.

I look at him confused before smiling and waving but all he does is turn around and walks off looking pissed.

What's his deal?

"Sierra" Ace says bringing me back to the conversation.

"Yeah?" I ask looking over at him.

"Is it alright if Bonnie could spend the night with you?" He ask.

"Of course it alright!" I say.

"Yay!" She shouts standing up on her seat and doing a small dance that me and Ace laugh to.

~~~~~~~

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!

Sorry for taking so long to publish. I've been busy with finishing up the editing process of The Arrangement so I can fully focus on this book.

I hop you guys can understand!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

26 0 6
21-year-old Thea accidentally killed a man. Needing money and wanting to choose her prison, she accepts a fake girlfriend position for three rich you...
14K 1K 38
"But I loved her first." Meet Hayden, the seventeen year old girl who's smart as hell, yet hopelessly in love with of course the hottest Latino arou...
13.8K 371 20
"You don't know what you're getting yourself into with me" he murmured, lips almost touching my ear. "I trust you" I breathed back, staring into thos...
3.3M 103K 63
𝐀𝐯𝐚 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 and her family of 5 recently moved continents after the tragic death of her beloved grandma to start afresh, once she starts a...