Chon-Ji and Sparkles

ATINYmuffin

"You should really add some pizzazz to your uniform. It's so plain." Serena frowns at my white clothes. Rolli... Еще

Ch 1: In a Jam
Ch 2: Dope Stuff
Ch. 3: Popsicles and Frost Bites
Ch. 4: Confessions and Cake
Ch. 5: Ribbons and Noodles
Ch.6: Pom-Poms and Popsicles
Ch. 7: The Corn Have Ears
CH. 8: Empanadas and Sushi
Ch. 9: Sparkles are Everything!
Ch. 10: Scary Movies and Chaat

Ch.11: Cooties and Clones

5 0 0
ATINYmuffin

"Will you for once in your life, let me be, woman?!" Zahir growls out as he lazily slaps away his sister's hands. Well, more like cousin sister. Giggling, I gently pull him away from her with a small wink.

"Why does she always mess with my hair? Can't she tell I worked hard on this look?" Zahir gestures to his bird like Mohawk.

"You look like a cuckatoo. Is that what you're into these days?" Vic asks as he walks alongside us. Zahir frowns at him, "Don't even start. I'm still mad at you for attacking me yesterday."

"You're mad at me?! You freaking, annoying-"

"Boys, keep your cool. There's children present." I say through a gritted smile before smoothing out their sleeves and slipping my arms through their hooked elbows.

They look down at me in between them before clearing their throats, "Fine."

"You can continue your fight for manhood later. First, we must complete our mission." I smile at the numerous guests at the block party. Across the way, I see Serena play a game with Trevor. They eye us before nodding discreetly at us. Cecilia sits with her cheerleading friends as they gossip about the rest of the school. Her eyes meet mine and then steer away before anyone notices.

We couldn't get caught this time.

Earlier today
"You think this will work?"

"Why are you even here?"

"Isn't he a liability?"

"Hey! I'm right here!"

Vic rolls his eyes, "I know, that's why I said it."

Zahir grumbles under his breath as he sits back from Ella Marie's glare at them two. Vic mouthes a soft what before smirking at the other boy.

"Guys, there was gonna be a time when Zahir found out. Might as well put him to use." I shrug and Zahir jumps up, "Put me to use? What will you do? Use me as bait?"

"What a great idea," Vic starts with a smile, "Maybe we can finally get rid of you."

"I'll tell the cops about you."

"If you live," Vic replies blankly to which Zahir freaks out more, "Ella Marie!"

"Guys! Be quiet! I have a plan." I growl and they both look at me confused.

Ceci snaps her mirror shut after hearing the plan, "You want us to draw out the Glass family? They haven't come to a neighborhood gathering since the twins' eighth birthday. Don't you remember them having that argument with that crazy lady from the corner house?"

"That's my aunt." Zahir says and Ceci widens her eyes, "I can tell the resemblance."

Zahir rolls his eyes at her before whispering, "They won't come until she tells them to come anyways, and she won't tell them to come because her pride matters too much."

"Isn't she being salty only because they offered her meat?"

"She's a vegetarian on Tuesday's." Zahir explains and Ceci shrugs, "Well, today is Thursday."

Zahir realizes her hint and pinches her cheeks, "You're a genius, baby doll."

"Eww, get your hands off me!"

"Don't touch her without her permission, you dumbbell!" Vic snaps as Zahir bows in apology, "Sorry!"

Present

"Does your aunt know how to apologize?" Vic asks casually as he sips on his soda.

Zahir sighs, "She can be sweet when she wants to."

Rolling my eyes, I watch Serena stroll alongside the Glass Family fence. Their fence was more of a stone wall, white and grey stone mosaic. She peeks into the steel gateway and starts whispering, "Zahir's aunt has reached the target. They are talking in the garden. Mrs. Glass is watering the plants."

We were all on a conference call and thankfully for airpods, we were able to hide our ear pieces.

"Well hopefully, it works this time." Ceci grumbles while smiling sweetly at Tim who sat across the street from her on his fancy car. Tim winks at her while biting his lip.

"Didn't Mrs. Glass have dark hair?" Serena asks and Trevor nods subtly, "Yes, it's where they got their dark hair from."

"Then, how come it looks like she's a natural blonde right now?"

"She could've dyed her hair," Zahir shrugs as Vic raises an eyebrow, "Does she look different in any other way?"

"Yeah, she looks like she's ten years younger, and carrying a watermelon under her shirt," Serena says as Vic facepalms, "You mean she's pregnant?"

"I didn't know that pregnancy made you younger." Zahir says as we all turn to look at him in question. Not caring, or probably noticing, Zahir munches away on his candy bar.

"This-"

"Are you sure that's Mrs. Glass?" Ceci presses as Serena whispers back, "Unless Zahir's auntie is addressing a complete ghost when she says Mrs. Glass, I think this lady is Mrs. Glass."

"Maybe it's not Mrs. Glass from back then, but a new one?" I suggest as Zahir gasps, "You mean they cloned her?"

"Just shut up." Vic hisses as Ceci sighs, "Why is he here again?"

"For phase two. Which starts now." I say before pushing Zahir in through the gate of the Glass House.

"Hey! Heeey, auntie," Zahir smiles nervously as the two women look at him in surprise.

"Zahir, beta, what are you doing here?" His aunt looks at him with a smile before turning back to the blonde woman, "This is my brother's son. He's their only son. As I said before, my entire family lives in this very neighborhood. Us desis like to live in units, you know big family people." 

Zahir's aunt giggles as the blonde lady also laughs, "Yes, I agree. Having family around is always helpful."

"But, I must say, dear. You look quite different from when we last met." Zahir's aunt says as she scans over her more.

"We have met before?"

Now we were all confused. Did she forget? Or is she really not that Mrs. Glass?

"Honey, where are you?" A voice bellows out before a man comes into view, "Sania? Is that you?"

"Mr. Glass! How nice to see you after so long."

The man smiles, "Yes, yes, it is quite nice. I see you've met the new Mrs. Glass."

"New?!" Zahir exclaims as we all gasp over the air pods as well, "You actually cloned her?"

"This ssib-" Vic goes to say, but catches himself and coughs, "Sincerely stupid child."

"You were about to curse, weren't you?" I ask and he shakes his head, "In front of you? Of course not."

Rolling my eyes, I peer around the column to get a closer look at the new Mrs. Glass, but it is then that my eyes catch a figure in the window of the second story. It looked to be a slim figure, and though the curtains blocked them mostly, I had a familiar feeling arise in my stomach, like I knew that person. I must not have been careful because the next thing I knew, I was in the lion's den, sprawled on the grass. 

"Oh dear, are you alright?" The new Mrs. Glass exclaims as she rushes towards me, but is stopped by Mr. Glass, who stands rigid, "Ella Marie?"

Standing quickly, I stumble and sheepishly smile, "Hello, Mr. Glass. Quite a reunion today, huh?"

Mr. Glass looks at me as if to say something, but instead he just nods and walks back towards the house, "Honey, we mustn't keep them for too long. We have tasks to do at home, too."

Mrs. Glass smiles back at us, "Oh, of course. So sorry about that. Again, so nice to meet you all. Oh, and you can call me Stella."

"Stella, what a beautiful-" The door shuts loudly behind Mr. Glass as Zahir's aunt pauses, scowling at the door, "What a rude man."

"He's just been really restless since he moved back here. He says he feels guilty being here. You know with the accident and all."

We all look at Stella in confusion, "Did you guys leave?"

"Yes, actually, I met him back in Washington on my job conference. We recently got a position here, so we moved back together. Well, for me, it's my first time, but it's his second time." Stella explains and we all think... So the house has been empty all this time?

"Who else came back with you?" Zahir asks and Mrs. Glass goes stiff, "It's just us two."

"Are you sure? I think I saw.."

"It's just us." She says before walking away, leaving us in confusion on her lawn.

"Did anyone notice when they left?" Zahir asks and Sania Auntie responds, "It could have been the night that the first Mrs. Glass had the argument with Mr. Glass. I could hear loud screams and yells from my backyard where I was gardening. Since that night, I had seldom heard anyone talk or whisper again here. I thought they had just fixed their issues, but now I know why."

"Well, that's odd."

"Did anyone else see that figure in the window?" Vic asks and before I could answer, Serena responds, "Yes, and I'm staring right at her, too."

We all look up and see Serena in the tallest tree in their garden, looking directly at the window with wide eyes.

"Who is it?" Zahir asks once his aunt walks off to go socialize.

"It looks like her."

"Who, Shakira?" Vic scoffs as Serena gasps, "It is!"

"They got Shakira in the house?!" Zahir shouts and Serena whispers, "It's the real Mrs. Glass."

What?

"Wait, Shakira is Mrs. Glass 1.0?"

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Mafia's Missing Murderer. bunny43874

Подростковая литература

990K 22.4K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
IN MY HEART // F1 MAX VERSTAPPEN Zahra

Подростковая литература

48.4K 1.4K 35
„You are the reason why I'm here today." _-_-_-_-_ After the truth about the relationship between Max Verstappen and Kelly Piquet came out, his world...
93.6K 3.5K 38
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
What They've Done To Us harpiche

Подростковая литература

661K 15.9K 65
sequel to aeou (read first) ✘ ✘ ✘ The boys are back. And they're out for revenge. Last semester the girls of Sterling humiliated Caleb, Luca, Atla...