i love you from afar ♡ (jaehy...

By demigxddess

COMPLETED | Lennox tries five things she has never done before for her 16th birthday with Jung Jaehyun. Howev... More

P R O L O G U E
1
2
3
4
5
E P I L O G U E
25 Valentines with Jaehyun
Long Slow Distance (Song Inspiration)

6

143 10 2
By demigxddess

6

~ Third Person's POV

After a month long vacation, school finally resumed...

Therefore, everything was back to normal for Jaehyun and Lennox. Although it wasn't as normal like before.

"What?! You guys are dating for real?!" Kate shouted and Lennox immediately sshh-ed her.

"Be quiet, Kate." she said.

"Oh sorry sorry, my bad." Kate said.

Trixie suddenly gave a tight hug to Lennox. "I'm so so so happy for you, Lennox."

The air got knocked out of Lennox's chest from her tight hug.

"I-I can't breath." she complained but they paid no attention.

"Yey! Finally you get to have your happily-ever-after." Kate said and hugged her as well.

"How I wish this happily-ever-after didn't had an end to it."

———

After almost 5 months of courting, Jaehyun finally had the courage to ask Lennox to be his girl. Today, he invited her for a date.

"Jae, you okay?" Lennox asked when she saw him spacing out and barely touching his food.

"Oh... u-uhm yeah." he said and cleared his throat.

"What's the matter? You look like your in deep thoughts." Lennox asked.

They were at the exact restaurant they went to on her 16th birthday.

"N-nothing... I just wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?" she sat properly and wiped her lips.

"It's been 5 months since I started courting you, right?"

"Yes." she answered confusedly.

"Well, I want to make it official."

She didn't understood what he meant. "Official?"

Jaehyun didn't bother to say a word and he took out a jewelry box from his bag and presented it to her.

"Jae, what's this for?" she asked.

When he opened the box, it has a necklace on it witha bow and arrow pendant symbolizing archery, which is her favorite sport.

Apart from that, there was a sticky note on top of the box cover saying...

"Will you be my girlfriend, Lennox?"

Jaehyun just had to say it for himself instead of just letting Lennox read it.

Lennox covered her mouth and she was suddenly in tears, it almost felt like Jaehyun proposed to her.

"Jae, I..."

"I'm not taking a 'no' for an answer." Jaehyun pouted at her, trying his best to win her heart by being cute.

Lennox giggled at his aegyo and she just leaned forward to gave Jaehyun a kiss on his cheeks.

"Me? Say 'no' to my long-time-high school crush? Never." she even joked.

Jaehyun knew her answer so he chuckled along with her. "So is it a 'yes', Lennox?"

"Definitely a big 'yes', Jeffrey."

———

Their relationship finally become official and everyone in school is aware of that including Jaehyun's friends.

The campus heartthrob is now taken! * ugly cries in the corner *

A lot of people questioned wheter or not they're compatible with each other.

Lennox felt so insecure being Jaehyun's girl because she always feels that she's not good enough for him.

However, Jaehyun could care less of what other people would think about their relationship.

He loves Lennox more than anything and he never fails to make her feel she's worthy of his love.

———

Today, they went to meet Jaehyun's parent. Lennox was so nervous at first but she eventually became calm after realizing that his parents were welcoming.

They had dinner, a few chit chats and when dinner was finally over Jaehyun invited Lennox over to his room.

Lennox was the first to get in and when she heard the door being locked she turned around only for her face to get burried on Jae's chest.

Jaehyun hugged her.

She took a few steps backward due to the impact, Jaehyun almost crushing her in his tight hug but she eventually hugged him back as she giggles.

"Why so sudden, Jae?" she asked.

"I just missed you so much and I've been wanting to hug you so bad but I couldn't do this in public."

She chuckled once more, tightening her hug on Jaehyun. "I missed you too, Jae."

"Hmm! You're not calling me 'babe'?" he pouted.

He does more aegyo than you do.

"Okay let me re-phrase that, I miss you too... babe." adding emphasis to the word 'babe'.

And without a word, Jaehyun leaned forward to gave a quick smooch on her lips. "I love you, Lennox."

"I love you too, Jaehyunnie~" she responded.

———

"Jae, what's this?"

Lennox saw a paper stuck unto his closet.

"Oh? That? It's a list of what I want to accomplish in the future." he said and went behind her, he gave her a back hug as they both stared as his list.

He wrote...

Jung Jaehyun's goal

• Graduate from High School

• Get into my dream university

• Enter varsity

• Graduate from college

• Get a decent job

• Save for my future

• Marry the girl I love (Lennox)

• Have three kids with Lennox

• Have grandchildren

• Grow old with Lennox, the love of my life

Lennox felt pain in her heart when she read the last one, she couldn't help but to cry.

And Jaehyun heard her.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" he asked her making her face him.

She covered her face with her hands trying to hide her tears from him. Jaehyun tried to brush her tears away with his thumbs.

"I'm sorry." she said while sniffing.

"I'm just getting a little too emotional..." she said.

"I'm just flattered that you included me in your future."

"Of course." he said. "You are my future, Lennox."

"Yeah, future..." she said in an unsure tone.

Jaehyun thought Lennox would smile however, there was no expression from her face which disappointed Jaehyun.

"What's wrong, babe? Don't you wanna to be with me in the future?"

She gave a bitter smile. "Don't be silly, Jae."

"You know I love you so much and I can't imagine..." she paused. "my future with anyone else, except you."

Jaehyun pulled her in for a hug once more and kissed her forehead. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

Lennox sighed. "Yeah, me too."

———

It's been almost a year since they've been together, there were ups and downs in their relationship but they kept their relationship going even after Jae graduated from high school.

Lennox was already a senior and 3 months away from graduating high school while Jaehyun was already in college.

———

"Hey babe." Jaehyun greeted upon opening the door for her and she sat on the passenger's seat.

He picked up Lennox from school so he could send her home.

"Hey." she responded. "How was your day at school?"

"Stressful as always..." he answered. "But atleast I get a chance to see you today."

He intertwined their hands and he kissed the back of her hands which made her blush. "I missed you, Lennox."

"I miss you more, Jae." she said.

They haven't seen each other for more than a week due to busy schedules.

———

"Babe, you sleepy?" he asked when he saw Lennox sulking on the chair and almost shutting her eyes.

"N-no babe." she imemdiately sat up properly pretending she wasn't sleepy.

"You look a little pale today." Jaehyun asked.

"Really?"

Jaehyun nodded. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah... I'm prolly just exhausted, t-that's all."

"Take care of yourself babe, don't exhaust hourself too much." he worried.

Jaehyun also noticed multiple bruises on her arms and legs, he grabbed her arm to get a better look at it but Lennox immediately pulled her arm away from her looking like she was in panic.

"Why do you have so many bruises, babe?" he asked her.

"Oh... I fell down the stairs at home the other day." she answered.

"Why didn't you tell me about it? Be careful next time, okay?"

She nodded in response.

"Hey babe." Lennox called.

"Hmm?"

"Come over to my house tomorrow, okay? We're having a small party."

Jaehyun smiled at her. "Sure babe, I wouldn't miss it for you."

"Advance Happy 17th Birthday, Babe."

———

* The next day...

Jaehyun was already getting ready to go to Lennox's house, he also prepared his gifts for her. However he tried to call Lennox this morning shewasn't answering his phone calls.

Jaehyun hasn't communicated with her all day, he messaged her this morning to send her a birthday greeting but received no response. He was starting to worry so he tried to call her many times.

"Hello?" finally she answered her phone.

"Hello? Lennox?" Jae felt a little too relieved.

"Oh, Jaehyun... this is Lennox's mom." she spoke through the phone.

"Oh I'm sorry, Mrs. Choi, may I speak to Lennox?"

It took her a while to respond and Jaehyun thought her mom ended the call but he waited patiently.

"Jaehyun, honey, I think... now is not a good time."

"Why? Is there something wrong Mrs. Choi? Is Lennox okay?"

"She's fine." she assured.

"I'm sorry Jaehyun, Lennox's party is cancelled... We have some important things to deal with as of now." Lennox's mom added.

Jaehyun was so confused as to what was going on but he wanted to remain calm. "Okay Mrs. Choi, please send my regards to Lennox. Tell her I said 'Happy Birthday'."

"Will do, Jaehyun."

———

Days passed by but Jaehyun received no response from his girlfriend. He worried so much and tried visiting Lennox at their home but there was no one there, not even her parents.

He thought that Lennox might've dumped him or what but he knew she wouldn't do that for no reason.  He had no means of communicating with her and he had no choice but to take action on the last thing on his plan...

* Meanwhile...

"Sweetie, when are you going to tell him?"

Lennox averted her gaze at her mom and shook her head. "I don't know m-mom."

"I don't know when's the right time." she said.

"Lennox..." Kate approached.

"He's probably so miserable right now for worrying about you. I think he needs to know about this."

"Does he have to?" she asked.

"He has the right to know about this?" Trixie joined the conversation.

"Tell him, Lennox... before it's too late."

"But what if... what if..." she was starting to sob. "What if he gets mad at me?"

"For what sweetie?" her mom caressed her hair.

Tears were rolled on her cheeks as she thinks about the possibility of Jaehyun getting mad at her.

"For not telling him in the first place?" she cried.

"If he really loves you Lennox, he'd stay with you even with what you're going through."

Before she could respond to her, the door opened making everyone avert their gaze to see who entered.

"Pardon for my interruption, Miss Lennox Choi has a visitor."

With that said, a guy holding a flowers and a basket of fruits entered the room.

"Hello, I'm sorry for barging in." he politely said.

The rest were left speechless, they didn't expect to see him here. All of them were surprised to see him especially Lennox.

"Jae?" she said in almost a whisper.

Jaehyun's eyes followed her he stared for a few seconds before finally approaching her bed.

"Hey babe."

Mrs. Choi, Trixie and Kate moved out of the way so Jaehyun could have some space near her bed.

He took a seat next to her bed and held her hand. Tears started falling from Jaehyun's eyes seeing her girlfriend like this.

"Jae, h-how'd you... why? Who?" she couldn't find the right words to ask him.

"Shhh." he said to her and placed his lips on the back of her hands as he closed his eyes.

"You don't have to explain anything to me, babe because I know already."

Lennox started to cry when she heard him say that. She felt like the thorn in her heart was removed from what he said.

"You knew?" her voice cracked.

Jaehyun nodded.

"How?" she asked.

"I lied to you babe..." he said. "I lied to you about not reading your diary."

"A-and I'm so sorry for lying, babe." he said. "But it was the only way for me to find out what you're going through."

"Jaehyun..." she called out weakly. "I'm sorry for not telling you."

"You don't have to worry about anything, babe. I'm not going to leave you, not now, not ever." he said.

"I love you... I love you so much and you know that and I'll always be here for you." he said to her, tears falling from his eyes.

"No matter what you go through just remember that I'm always here with you, you're not fighting this battle alone 'cause you have me."

———

It was a struggle for Jaehyun the following days.

He had to juggle attending classes and visiting Lennox at the hospital.

It wasn't much easier for Lennox, her condition was getting worse, she was loosing weight even more, the bruises in her body increased, she became more weak, and sometimes she had breathing difficulties.

No matter how busy Jaehyun was in school, he would always visit Lennox bringing her flowers, fruits, stuffed toys and many things.

Tonight, he was in charge of watching over Lennox because Mr.and Mrs. Choi were busy fixing important matters.

Jaehyun was still in his school uniform, he went straight to the hospital after class dismissal. He felt tired and stressed but he insist to watch over Lennox.

It was 8:00 PM already and he had his head resting on the side of Lennox's bed so he could take a quick nap.

Suddenly, he felt Lennox carressed his hair, it made him flinch so he looks towards her.

"Babe, you look exhausted." she carressed his hair. "You didn't have to watch over me tonight, I can stay alone here for just one night."

Jaehyun gave a close-mouthed-smile to her. "Babe I'm not exhausted, don't worry." he convinced trying to make her feel okay.

He held unto her hand placed on top of his head. "Besides, my conscience won't let me sleep knowing that you are alone here for just one night."

"I have to be with you, I'm your protector remember?"

CTTO

Even through the darkest time, Jaehyun knows how to put a smile on Lennox's face.

"What have I ever done to deserve a guy like you, Jae? I love you so much." she said, she bit her lips to prevent herself from crying again.

"I love you so much more."

Jae suddenly remembered something. "Tomorrow is our first anniversarry, babe."

"Yeah, I know." she said.

"Time flies so fast when you're in love with the right person." she added.

Jaehyun smiled at her. "Yeah."

"What do you want me to bring you tomorrow for our anniversary?"  he asked, wishing to spoil her to highest.

"I don't want anything anymore Jaehyun." she said.

"The only thing I wish for is to go out and leave this place..." she said.

The smile on Jae's face disappeared upon hearing that. "Babe, about that... uhhh." he stuttered.

"I know, it's impossible..." she sighed. "I'm just sick and tired of seeing the four corners of this room everyday, it makes me feel even more useless and miserable."

Jaehyun noticed her frustration on the tone of her voice.

"I just want things to go back to normal, Jae." she said, eyes glistening as tears formed in her eyes.

"I'm so... tired of this."

"If you could go out tomorrow? Where'd you want to go?" he asked.

"I don't know... Go on a roadtrip I guess, get lost and not care where the wheels take me." she said.

"Just as long as I'm with you, it wouldn't matter." she said which made Jaehyun smile bitterly from mixed emotions.

It sounded so familiar to Jaehyun, it made him reminisce about their adventures while they were completing the five things she's never done.

It was where he fell in love with her.

"Then let's do it."

———

And just for that day, she requested to be discharged from the hospital. Although Mr.and Mrs. Choi weren't in favor of her idea, they didn't want her to be miserable inside her hospital room.

"Just enjoy this day, okay?" Trixie was crying while helping her friend get up.

"Yes, I will."

"Be safe okay? Tell Jae to drive safe." Kate reminded, she was also in tears.

"Why are you guys crying?" Lennox asked trying to smile her sufferings away.

"Well, maybe it's that time of the month again where we get too emotional." Trixie joked.

"We love you so much, Lennox. Be strong, okay" Kaye said.

They suddenly gave Lennox a tight hug and their Lennox could their sobs. "I love you guys, thank you for everything, for 8 years of friendship, for taking care of me, for always being supportive of what I do and for introducing me to Jaehyun. You guys are truly are the best friends I could ever have." she patted their back.

After speaking to her friends, her parents approached her.

"My beautiful daughter, I hope you enjoy this day with Jaehyun." her dad said giving her a tight hug.

"Yes dad, I will."

"Don't forget what I told you, sweetie. Enjoy every moment, as much as I want you to stay here I don't wanna see you sad. I want you to be happy too." her mom said giving her a kiss on her cheeks.

"Yes mom."

"I love you both." she said.

"We love you too darling, very very much." her mom said.

Both of them tried to conceal a tear to escape from their eyes as they send her off.

Jaehyun arrived afterwards, driving the same open top car they used on their roadtrip.

He assisted Lennox to get in the car and her friends and parents waved good bye to her.

———

It was like dejavu...

They went on the exact same car, same route and playing the exact same song.

Lennox couldn't feel more alive that ever being free again with the love of her life. She closed her eyes as she felt the cook breeze on her face, a smile formed on her face.

CTTO

Jaehyun watched her and could only smile, his heart was breaking but at the same time seeing Lennox smile again made him happy.

Finally, they reached their destination, it was the same cliff and the breathtaking view of the sunset.

They were leaning on the car as they watch the sun go down right before their eyes.

Lennox did not hesitate to grab unto Jaehyun's arm and lean her head unto his shoulders.

"I feel so relieved Jaehyun." she said taking a breath.

Jaehyun carressed her cheeks. "I'm so happy to hear that, babe."

"Jae?" she called out. "Why didn't you tell me you knew about it?"

"I didn't tell because... I wanted you to be comfortable with me." he said.

"I didn't really intend to read your diary, It's just that... I got curious when I found it in my car and it was opened to a specific page."

"Written on that page was a song lyric... I remembered it exactly as you wrote it."

She recalled that specific page she wrote and she clearly remembered what he was referring to.

Jaehyun recited the lyrics.

"Anywhere far away in a dream
I saw another place.
Let's go searching
even if we're pushed by the opposing wind.
Step by step your own pace
be like yourself face to face.
Long slow distance,
let's walk believing in a better day."

"I knew that specific line from a specific song but I wondered why you would put it as an intro to your diary, as I read the rest of the page... I found out about your condition and what you were going through." he said.

Lennox was silently listening to Jaehyun while wiping her tears away.

"My heart felt so much pain after reading that." he said. "I found out why'd you wrote the song as an intro, because it reflected on your wish 'cause you were still praying for better days to come so you could spend more time with the people you love."

"All these time, I thought you were clueless but I was the one clueless." she said.

" I'm sorry. I though that you were just waiting for the right time to tell it to me so I didn't tell you that I know."

"Is that why you volunteered to accompany me to complete my bucket list because you knew?" she asked.

"At first yes, but as we get closer with each other. It's like I realized something... I realized that I am also doing things I've never done before with someone I didn't even knew that much and I was actually enjoying our adventure."

"Why Jae? If you knew about this all along. Why'd you risk falling in love with me? I don't understand." she asked.

This time Jaehyun could no longer control his emotions and he started to tear up. "I tried to control my emotions, I really did but it was so hard for me."

"Falling in love is something you could never control. My heart refuses to accept what my mind already knew."

"So I took the risk Lennox, because I love you. I see something in you, I see someone I could be with for a lifetime... a-and I didn't care about what you'd say that we're not sure how long this relationship is going to last, I just... I just wanted to follow my heart." he said.

"And I have no regrets, Lennox." he said.

"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me." he said looking to her eyes. She had tears on her eyes and they were glistening.

Jaehyun tucked her hair on her ears to have a better view of her face and he leaned forward to plant a kiss on her lips then he pulled her for a tight hug and she buried her face on his chest.

"Jae..." she called out. "Thank you for everything."

"But I'm sorry..." she said and she started to burst in tears.

"Sorry for what?" he intertwined their hands.

"Sorry, if I won't be able to complete your future plans for us." she said.

Her tears dropped on their hand and Jaehyun shifted his gaze on their hands and back at her again.

"Lennox, don't say that." he said.

"You're gonna make it okay?" she held her chin to make her look at him in his eyes.

"Remember what I said, you're not alone. I am here fighting with you." he said.

"So be strong, okay?" he said. "Promise me, you'll be strong for you, for your family, for your friends, loved ones and for me."

She nodded at him beushing the tears off her cheeks. "I promise, babe. I promise."

E N D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 1K 27
Park Chaeyoung mistakenly stumbles to meet Jung Yoon Oh, a famous kpop singer. A Jaehyun x Chaeyoung ff #1 on NCTPINK ⚠️ PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME ⚠️
2.2K 122 18
Highschool Romance ~ What happens a somebody takes interest in a nobody? ~ "Someone like you has no business with someone like me." NCT Fanfiction Ja...
73.7K 2.5K 21
Y/n, a 15 yr old girl who has no experience with this thing everyone called love.
161K 3.8K 26
Min Eunhye, famous for her nickname 'ice princess' among the SM trainees. She has the habit of staying late to practice in the only training room tha...