Saving Each Other (todoroki x...

נכתב על ידי happpykitty88

It's amazing how the smallest smile masks the deepest scars Sakura Asano isn't your typical average teenage... עוד

A little bit about Sakura (OC)
Remember
You're Not Serious..
Izuku Midoriya
Getting Closer
U.A. Entrance Exam
Congrats!
First Day
Excuse Me?
You Don't Know Me
Friends?
Attack On USJ
Attack on USJ pt 2
Attack on USJ pt 3
Guilt
Sweets and Tears
Rant
Yoga with the Hothead
Obstacle Race
Cavarly Battle
The Truth
Public Humiliation
Burn
Because I Care
Save Yourself
Fighter
Who do you want to be?
Shoto
Let Go
Shattered Glass
Let it out, the real way
A lil about me
Save Each Other
Moving Forward
Hero Names
Never run away from a challenge
Challenge Match
Defeated
Attack on Hosu
Face to Face with the Hero Killer
Trauma
Recovery
Night Terrors
Because I'll Be Right Here
I Promise
Planning for Final Exams
Distraction
Don't Blame Yourself
Painkillers
Shopping Gone Wrong
Push it down
Two Heroes - Chapter One
Two Heroes - Chapter Two
Two Heroes - Chapter Three
Hello....
Two Heroes-Chapter Four
Two Heroes - Chapter 5
Two Heroes - Chapter Six
Chapter 54

Declaring War

11.8K 387 386
נכתב על ידי happpykitty88

Sakura POV

The day was finally here. The Sports Festival. I was somewhat nervous. I wiped my sweaty hands on my skirt as I walked towards the entrance of the Stadium. There were thousands of people entering the arena. Little kids were running around and begging their parents to buy them souvenirs. There were hundreds of food vendors selling snacks. The overwhelming smell of fried food was intoxicating.

As I walked through the crowd, I put my headphones in and blasted music, hoping to block out all the noise from the crowds. 'Relax, Sakura. You got this. Just need to get through this day and you can focus on more important things.'

I wasn't nervous about my performance, but scared of what kind of things that will occur during this event. I spent the last couple of days training with Katsuki and going on long runs in the morning and night. I was ready either way.

"Hey! That's a first year! Good luck today!" A clearly drunk man holding a alcoholic beverage waved at me. I just put my hand up in thanks. 'Aw man. How I wish I can drink all my problems away right now.'

I made my way through the crowd to the locker rooms. When I reached the door to my class's waiting room, I took a deep breath. When I entered, I noticed that most of my classmates were here. I spotted Ochaco, Momo, and Tsu sitting together as they waved at me. I returned a small smile as I tried to find a empty bench. I walked past Katsuki, who nodded at me.

I sat down on the empty bench and leant against the wall and closed my eyes. I still had my headphones on so I couldn't hear people's conversations. Music always helped me keep my focus and concentration in tact.

I opened one of my eyes and saw that my class were crowded in a group surrounding two boys. It was Izuku and Todoroki. 'Huh, since when do those two ever talk?' I took out one of my headphones to listen in.

"Looking at things objectively, I think I'm stronger than you," Todoroki bluntly state. 'Well that's a humble thing for you to say.'

Poor Izuku was shocked at what he said. He was shaking from just standing in front of the bi-colored boy. "Y-yeah.." Izuku replied as he dropped his head.

"But for some reason, All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" Todoroki stared coldly at my poor friend. 'What the hell does he think he's doing?'

"I'm not here to pry about your two's business," he said. Then he glared at Izuku, "But I'm going to beat you, Izuku Midoriya."

I closed my fist. What the hell is his problem? He spent the last week acting cold to everyone by ignoring them and now he's threatening Izuku? I mean I know he's not the most friendly person in the world but he's not acting like himself. There's something up with him.

"Oh? Is one of the best in class making a declaration of war?" Kaminari asked with an amused smile. "Who's next? Sakura and Bakugo?"

Todoroki shifted his gaze to me. And that's when I saw it. His eyes were cold but I saw a glint of sadness in them. 'So there is something wrong..'

"Shut up," Katsuki growled at Kaminari who immediately wiped the grin off his face.

Kirishima then ran up to Todoroki and put his hand on his shoulder. "Hey, hey, hey! Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden?"

Todoroki shook his hand off his shoulder. His gaze was still on me. "We aren't here to play at being friends," he spat. 'Ouch.'

He turned to walk out the room, but a voice that surprised me spoke up. "Todoroki, I don't know what is going on in your head when you say you will beat me, but of course you're better than me," Izuku stated. "That's why you got into this school so easily."

"Midoriya, maybe you're being too hard on yourself and the rest of us-" but Kirishima was cut off my Izuku.

"No," Izuku's voice was now more stern. "There's a bunch of students in the other courses and they are coming at us with everything they've got to take our spots."

I remembered how the crowd of those students had declared war on our class, stating that they were going to take our spots right underneath us. Maybe I didn't have to worry about it, but looking at Izuku, I could tell he was terrified.

Izuku then lifted his head to meet Todoroki. He clenched his fist, "I can't afford to fall behind..." His eyes were now shining full of determination. "I'll be going for it with everything I have too," he announced.

I couldn't help but smile. I was proud of my green haired friend for standing up for himself. He really has come a long way.

"Yeah," Todoroki muttered, before turning away and stepping outside the room. Without thinking, I immediately yanked out my other headphone and put it on the bench. I ran after the bi-colored boy.

I ran through the hallway and spotted him walking towards the outside of the stadium. "Todoroki! Wait!"

But he kept on walking, ignoring me. Annoyance rose up in my chest. 'He's been ignoring me the whole week. No way I'm going to let him ignore me again.'

"Todoroki! Will you just listen to me!" My tone was clearly annoyed and made it clear that I was angry.

Todoroki stopped and slowly faced me. "What, Sakura?" He hissed. His tone was monotone, but not his usual polite one. No, this one was full of annoyance and hate.

I gritted my teeth. "What do you mean what? What the hell was that back there? This whole week you have been ignoring m- everyone and acting even more colder. What is going on with you?" I stared right into his heterochromatic eyes.

"Maybe that's just who I am," He spat. "Did you ever think that?"

I blinked in surprise before I shook it off. "No, that's not who you are, Todoroki." I let a small breath out. "Look, I know there's something bothering you. You can't fool me, Todoroki." I put a hand on his arm. "You can tell me, what's wrong?"

He stared at me coldly. But, I saw a crack in his glare. It was like a voice that was calling out for help.

"Why do you care, Sakura?" he muttered.

I gripped my hand on his arm. "Because I'm your friend, Todoroki. I care about you."

Todoroki eyes slightly widened. Then he turned his head away. "Well, I'm not your friend. I don't need anyone and I don't need you," he said aggressively.

I stood there in shock from his words. 'He didn't need me? H-He wasn't my friend... I-I had it all wrong this whole time...' I loosened my grip on his arm and let my arm fall to the side. I felt my eyes stinging.

"So that's it huh? I'm nothing to you then," I muttered.

He didn't reply. He just turned around. "You're just my competition, Sakura. You're just someone I will beat," he said finally.

I felt the burning sensation rise up again. I stared at the ground and shook my head. Of course I was nothing to him. Why would he care about me after what I told him. I remembered the promise he made back at the cafe. I was so stupid for letting my hopes up. I almost laughed from how wrong I was.

"I guess I was wrong about you, Todoroki. I actually thought you cared. But that's my own fault for being that naive," I said. He turned his head in shock from my words. I felt the tears brimming in my eyes, but I blinked them away. I would not let him see I was hurting. I lifted my head to meet his eyes.

"But don't you ever threaten me and act like you can walk away without consequences." I felt my eyes glow with anger. "You made a big mistake by saying you will beat me," I hissed.

I turned to face against him. "I'll see out there, Todoroki. Just as you wanted. Not as friends, but as enemies."

Then I walked the opposite direction. I didn't dare to look back. There was no point.

As I walked down the hallway where I came from I felt a sob almost escape from my lips. For the first time in a long time, I was ready to break down right there.

As I reached the door to the locker room, I saw Izuku waiting outside. He gave me a small smile. "Hey Sakura-chan. Are you okay?"

I looked down and took a deep breath. I willed the tears to stay inside. Then I looked up to face my friend. My true friend.

"Yeah, Izuku. I'm fine," I managed to smile.

I can tell he was worried about me. But before he can say anything, the door opened and Ochako stepped out. "Sakura! The girls and I are braiding our hair for the opening ceremony after we change into our gym uniforms. Do you want to join?"

I looked at my sweet friends. 'I didn't deserve these two. I didn't deserve anything' "Yeah, I'd love to."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked in the mirror as Ochaco finished my hair. My long jet black hair was now braided perfectly into a french braid. My face was now fully shown. But, all I saw was a girl who was broken.

Ochaco put both of her hands on my shoulders. "You look so pretty, Sakura!" I smiled from her kindness. Then she bent down and whispered, "Go show Todoroki what he's missing," she smirked.

I looked in the mirror again. 'There's nothing he's missing. He had everything he needed. He didn't need me.' I put my hand on top of hers. "Thank you, Ochaco. It's beautiful," I replied.

"Aww! Sakura! You look gorgeous!" Mina exclaimed.

"I'm so jealous of your natural beauty!" Toru whined.

I let out a small chuckle. I was really glad for my friends. I know I didn't make a mistake for becoming friends with them. "Oh come on now, you all are gorgeous," I said.

Then I heard a familiar loud voice come out on the speakers.

"Alright time to get this show started! Will the first years students please get ready to make their way to the center stage area!" Yamada's voice was still so loud even from a speaker.

I looked in the mirror one last time. I closed my fists. 'Don't let them know you're hurting. You can do this.'

I turned to my friends with a forced smile. "Let's do this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked up to Katsuki as we waited for our class to be called up to the stadium. "Hey Katsuki," I greeted.

When he turned his eyes widened, his cheeks turning slightly red. "Wh-what did you do to your hair?"

I put my hand on my braid. "Oh, one of the girls did it for me. Why? Does it look bad?" Izuku also had the same reaction when he noticed me. I frowned. Maybe it didn't suit me? I usually just put in a ponytail when I train or just let it down.

Bakugo turned his head to the ground. "I didn't say that," he muttered. 'Huh, weird.'

I gave him a small punch on the shoulder. "Are you ready for me to totally kick your ass again out there?"

Before he could reply, Kirishima came up to us. "Woah wait? Sakura kicked your ass? Really?" He was looking at us like he couldn't believe it.

I nodded my head and smirked. "Yep! Isn't that right, Katsuki?"

He just scoffed. "Tch, whatever. I'll get my revenge today," is all he replied.

Kirishima and I just laughed. I looked around and saw everyone chatting away excitedly. Well, almost everyone. I saw Todoroki standing alone in the corner. But he was staring right at me.

I quickly looked away and focused my attention back to Katsuki and Kirishima. 'What the hell was that?'

"Are you guys ready! It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage!" Yamada's voice boomed. "And first up in the arena is the famous Class 1-A!"

I put my non-important thoughts about Todoroki to the side. 'Here we go.'

The crowds were screaming with excitement and cheering "1-A" as we walked outside into the light. There were signs everywhere and confetti was falling all around us. I heard a helicopter flying above us and cameras flashing everywhere.

'Ugh kill me now.'

I glanced sideways to my classmates and saw their eyes glowing with excitement. I also spotted Izuku with a very, very scared face.

"Man! He's going overboard with that praise!" Kirishima smiled as he sweatdropped. "Aren't you guys nervous?"

I shrugged. 'I didn't feel nervous. More like annoyed really.'

Bakugo grinned wickedly. "Nah. I'm getting more into it."

I stood beside Bakugo and Kirishima as we waited for all the other students to come in. I noticed I was getting a lot of stares from the other classes.

Kirishima leaned in and whispered, "Sakura, looks like you're pretty popular throughout the whole grade," he smirked.

Kaminari then came from behind us. "Well yeah! She told off all those people that one day!"

I groaned and put my hand to my forehead as I remembered that moment. It wasn't one on my finest moments. I might have acted a little too much like a bitch that day.

When everyone came in and gathered around the stage, Midnight came onto the stage. I remember hearing that she was hosting the first-year festival this year.

All the students were making comments about her costume. But all I did was smile. Nemuri was the only thing I had close to a mother when growing up. I remember she used to take me shopping all the time and dress me up. I never took her fashion advice though. I'm sure you know why.

"Now for the student pledge! We have two students from Class 1-A today speaking!" Midnight announced.

'Shit! Oh my god I totally forgot.'

"Give it up for Bakugo Katsuki and Asano Sakura!" I winced from hearing my last name.

I slowly made my way up to the stage behind Katsuki. I looked at Midnight with pleading eyes, "I totally forgot," I whispered to her. She just smiled and waved it off. 'Okaay. That's helpful.'

"Of course it's the two students that got first in the entrance exam and the number one recommended student," I heard a girl's voice say. 'Maybe you should take my place up here saying that aloud in front of my face.' I gritted my teeth in annoyance.

Katsuki took the microphone first. Honestly, I was wondering what he was going to say. He wasn't really a person to say inspiring words.

He stood in front of the microphone. "I pledge I'm going to be number one," he bluntly announced. 'Oh my god...'

Everyone in the crowd started booing and yelling. But Katsuki just stood there with a bored expression.

Midnight nervously laughed. "Okay! Now for the next student!" She looked at me and gestured at me to say something.

I walked up to the microphone. I looked at my class in front of me and they were pleading 'Please fix what Bakugo did!' with their eyes. Before I could speak, I met eyes with Todoroki. His eyes were clearly unamused. Then I remembered our conversation and I felt annoyance and anger rise in my chest again.

"I pledge-"

Okay now I'm not usually the petty type, but staring at Todoroki when he shook everyone off and declaring that he would beat me set something off.

"that I won't lose," I announced as I stared right at dual hair boy.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"THERE IS TWO OF THEM NOW!"

A/N: Lol this chapter was so fun to write. So like yea Todoroki is acting like a bitch but we all know there's a reason why. Sakura's emotions are getting worse, although she's trying to put up a strong front. Next: Obstacle race!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.6M 45.5K 80
Y/N L/N, an insanely talented 15 year old girl with an incredible quirk. Accepted into UA High School, the best hero school in all of Japan with the...
312K 11.9K 93
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ "𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐞." ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ In which a confident, popular girl develo...
275K 6.1K 62
todoroki x reader [completed] PLEASE STOP READING THIS IT'S SO CRINGE AND I WROTE IT WHEN I WAS A LITERAL CHILD💀💀 ALSO THERE ARE SO MANY PLOTHOLES...
3.1K 125 24
___________________________________________________ "This is the story of how we all became the greatest heroes." ___________________________________...