The Girl On The Boys Basketba...

By CloudyJeongguk

"Why didn't you get your little girl some pretty little dolls or something?" "I tried, she loves basketball" More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii

xvi

308 16 2
By CloudyJeongguk

LEAH;
The time came for the second day of practice and I was more ready than ever. Throughout the whole day the boys who tried out the day before kept staring at me like I was an alien and kept asking me the same questions.

'You play ball?!'

'How many points do you put up in a game?'

'Who is your favorite player?'

'Do girls even play basketball?'

I answered the best to my ability and even tried to sound humble, but that last question made me mad.

I knew more than a team of girls who were better players than most boys.

I zipped open my bag after placing it on the floor and got my clothes out. Today I decided on wearing a short sleeve because yesterday the gym got really hot.

I don't get hot easily, but it was mostly because of the boys. I was also too lazy to look for one.

I pulled my Nike shirt on and then my short cuts. Almost all of the clothes I own are Nike.

I put on my elite socks and unlocked the stall before walking towards the mirror and sink. I brushed my hair out and tied it into a ponytail.

I looked at my reflection and tried to build up my confidence more.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

With one final look at my reflection I grab my bags and exit the restroom. I make my way down the hallway and walk towards the gym.

I walk in and see some of the guys from yesterday shooting around or just talking.

I set my stuff down on the bleachers and sit down. I open my bag and take out my uncle Drew's, I'll usually swipe them out throughout the season but right now these are my go to.

I slip off my vans and replace them with my basketball shoes.

Once I'm done I stand up and wipe my sweaty hands on my shortcuts, a nervous habit of mine.

I then look for Coach Bang. My eyes settle on him, he's talking to the assistant coach, Sejin.

I close my eyes, inhale deeply, hold it for five seconds then let it out for a final five.

"It's now or never" I mutter and start to make my way towards the head coach. He stops talking to Sejin and smiles once he sees me.

"Back for more, huh?" He asks as I chuckle and nod.

"Of course coach" I respond.

"I was just telling Sejin about the day I met you, last week. I told him that you gave me one of the firmest handshakes I have ever received" he smiled as I shake my head.

Everyone says that.

"Practice starts in five minutes, you should shoot around to get your arm ready" he says with a kind smile and turns to continue talking to Sejin until I interrupt him.

"Actually, can I talk to you?" I ask. He notices the pleading look I can't help but give him as he immediately nods.

"I'll go do my rounds" Sejin says as he smiles at me before leaving.

"Let's take this outside," Bang walks ahead of me as we exit the gym.

"What's wrong?" He asks then gets tense, most likely thinking the inevitable. "Are the boys getting to you, because I can talk to them"

Yes.

"No" I lie, they are getting to me but they only fuel the fire in me... and I need that.

"Oh... then what's wrong?" He asks while relaxing, only a bit.

So he is just looking out for me, and here I thought it was just out of spite.

"Coach, does it brother you that I'm a girl?" I ask. His face changes to confusion as I stand and wait for his answer.

"No, what?" He immediately asks.

"It's just that... yesterday I noticed you were taking it easy on me. You wouldn't let the guys near me, and even if you did it was only to shoot around" I speak and I can't help but let my eyes water.

Before he can speak I beat him to it,

"Coach, I know I'm a girl. It's not my biggest accomplishment but I can handle whatever the other guys throw at me, along with you"

I look at him as a few tears slide down my cheeks.

Bang softly sighs and looks at me with the upmost respect he could muster, "Leah... you are the most bravest female I have come to know. You're trying out for a position on the varsity boys team. That's the bravest thing I have ever seen"

I wipe my tears away and my chin quivers at his words.

"You're a short thing, but god damn! You're one of the fastest people I have ever seen in my gym" he exclaims with a smile as I let out a chuckle,

"Yes you are a girl but that only proves your worth. I'm happy to have you out on the court. And I was only easy on you because my boys can get rough..."

He trails off in thought as I urge him to keep going.

Bang sighs, "But... if you want the boys to play how they usually play, then I won't stop them"

I immediately smile and nod my head vigorously.

"Yes, that's what I want. If they do become rough then I'll change the way I play" I say as he nods.

"I have faith in you Leah, I really want you on my team. I just hope you won't bring me down" he says while patting my shoulder.

"I won't, I promise" I immediately say as he smiles.

"I know you won't" he says softly, our soft coach to player moment is cut off when the buzzer inside goes off, "Now, lets get inside and start"

I realize that I might look like a complete baby with wet cheeks as I wipe them away.

Bang gives me a moment as I nod and follow him back inside. As we enter the boys stand on the sideline, waiting to start.

My attention is on them as I stand beside Bang, he shouts something but I don't hear it.

I see everyone walking towards us and I realize a few people are missing.

Five, to be exact. I remember counting fifty boys yesterday. Only fourty-five were here.

I hum to myself in amusement before looking at Taehyung, I give him a smile and he returns it with his own.

I've outlasted five boys, so I can do this.

JUNGKOOK;
"Bring it in guys!" Coach Bang exclaims as we make our way towards him. I already see Leah standing next to him with Taehyung beside her.

"Now listen up" he starts, "It has been brought to my attention that I haven't been treating everyone equally"

Leah stiffens next to him and it doesn't go unnoticed to me.

"And starting now, I am going to treat all of you equally. Girl or boy, this is basketball. It shouldn't matter on how you play as long as you play right and you have fun"

Coach Bang looks at Leah as she keeps her head down.

"It wasn't my intention to treat all of you this way, I just want what's all best for you" he says then looks away to look at all of us.

"So let's play ball!" He announces and walks away. Taehyung smiles and punches Leah lightly on her shoulder.

Everyone breaks away except Leah and I.

She rubs her arm with a smile then looks up at me, her smile falling.

I smirk then wink and back up before turning to walk away. I walk to the group of boys I told the plan to,

"It's on,"

Everyone smirks before nodding. I smirk as well before walking towards the baseline to start stretching.

"You shouldn't have stepped on my court Leah," I whisper to myself as I turn my head and settle on her figure.

I couldn't help but think about the talk I gave to the boys before we came out.

~~~
I watch as Taehyung practically runs out of the locker room and into the main gym, no doubt to find Leah. I roll my eyes and turn to the group of guys who huddled around me.

The group were mainly newbies along with Kaito and I.

"Alright, here's the plan" I speak as everyone listens. I look at Kaito as he wears a smirk.

"We all know that on the second day Coach usually focuses on defense and offense drills. When and if you are placed in groups, I want all of you to make sure Leah either gets hurt or shes always on the floor" I say as they listen.

"I don't want her having the ball, but when she does I want you to make initial contact. I want her to be scared to come to school and practice tomorrow" I add as everyone nods.

"Got it?" I ask as everyone nods. Kaito was relentless when it came to contact, along with his friends.

Most of them were trouble makers and the bullies of the school, so it was perfect.

"I don't want Leah on this team. The only way to get rid of her is to make sure she gets hurt so she knows better" I finalize as they nod once more before we break away for the gym.

As I walk out I immediately bump into Jimin, he backs off and apologizes. I nod at him and walk past to enter the gym.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 7.3K 47
"Do you want to play hide and seek babygirl?" πŸ₯‡#btsoneshots 11/2/23 πŸ₯ˆ#yanderebts 12/2/23 πŸ₯‡#yanderebts 27/2/23
995K 44.9K 40
"ʏᴏᴜ α΄α΄‡κœ±κœ±α΄‡α΄… ᴜᴘ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴅᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʀʀΙͺᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ, ᴀᴍᴏʀ" ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ α΄Šα΄œΙ΄Ι’α΄‹α΄α΄α΄‹ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀΙͺɴꜱ α΄€α΄…α΄œΚŸα΄› ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ, α΄ Ιͺα΄ΚŸα΄‡Ι΄α΄„α΄‡ & ΚŸα΄€Ι΄Ι’α΄œα΄€Ι’α΄‡
1.6M 78.5K 46
𝐀 πŒπ€π…πˆπ€ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„ ❛ SHE LIT UP HIS COLD, EMPTY LIFE ❜ ━ 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘴...
34.7K 1.5K 28
"Listen up, I don't know who spread these stupid rumors but I don't have a baby with Y/N. Why would someone like me have anything to do with a freak...