Ravenwolf's Rose

By imaginflowers

Hazel Rose is a talented painter making her way into the art world. But one fated encounter leads her to beco... More

A Fated Encounter
An Artist
3 Weeks
The Funeral
Choices
Ravenwolf
Outcast
Proposition
Sparks
His Challenge
To Be The Best
Time Crunch
All Nighter
His Body Against Mine
Up Close And Personal
Dress To Impress
A Centimetre Away From You
Unexpected Reunion
Where There's Smoke There's Fire
If Anger Had A Metre...
The Rich Women's Yoga Club
In His Arms Again...
The Secrets We Hold
Unintentional Contact...
Bringing Us Together...
Taking A Chance, Making A Change
Danger Ahead
If I Could Protect You...
Where It Hurts Us The Most
You Are A Light In Our Darkness
By Her Side
Here For You
Honesty, The Heart's Best Medicine
Resting, Impossible
Naked & Exposed
Warmth Of His Body
Close To This...
Reaching Out To You
Not Together, But Together?
A Wild Ride
His Change Of Pace
Because of You
Thinking Of You
Shopping Date
Sweet Connection...
Shattered Roses
Our Tension
His Broken Heart
The Consequences of Getting Close To You
Like Cinderella
Charity Ball
A Rival Appears?!
Shall We Dance?
When It Was Less Complicated?
A Slap To The Face
It Can Happen To Anyone Of Us
Escape
Love Like A Merry Go-Round
A Warm Embrace
Sizzling Chemistry
Will This End Well Too?
Tension On Set
Hazel Rose: Model?
This Feeling In My Heart...
'Perfect Match'
Halloween Nightmare
I Don't Want You To Get Hurt...
When Will There Be Answers?
Your Body, My Body
Close To You
Trapped
I Want To See You Again- Kai's POV
Dangerously Obsessive Love
This Is Love- Kai's POV
Fighting For Her Life
Far Far Away On A Tropical Island...
Kai and I... Alone Together In The Bahamas?!
This Lingering Hot Kiss
Falling In Love
Falling Down The Rabbit Hole
The Best Present In The World
Overnight At The Hot Springs...
The Fire In Your Gaze...
A Secret Revealed... Just Who Are You Really?
You Are Loved
Another Accident...
Courage To Love
A Tender Heart
The Truth Hurts
Luca's Confession & Kai's Apology...
Only Time Will Tell
Rendezvous to Where?!
I Love You
When Two Hearts Finally Meet
Fear Of Change
Bitter/Sweet Memories
Hazel's Past Revealed...
Facing The Future, Together
Where Do We Go Next?
Heightened Emotions
Always There For You
For The Sake Of Your Smile
A Small Cloud In My Heart
Loving You...
A Promise To Love
Ravenwolf's Rose
EXTRA: Ravenwolf's Rose Age Chart + Q&A

Unlikely Knight In Shining Armor

3.8K 207 5
By imaginflowers

There... a tall, beautiful figure stepped through the front door. 

I felt a sudden sensation of peace cascade over my body. Even if the situation wouldn't be diffused easily... seeing him made me feel safer... he was here.

I wasn't alone... I wasn't dreaming right?

Kai's expression... I could only assume he was keeping himself as composed as possible... he looked angry... like he was about to go in for the kill. I hadn't seen him like this before...

"West Brooks... let her go... you don't have anywhere else to run..." Kai said while assertively raising his hands into the air. 

He then stepped forward and continued speaking: "the police already know your identity and they will be here in a few minutes..." I could see Kai's gaze shift from my eyes to West's carefully.

"She and I... we will be together forever..."West said bluntly.

Kai looked at me confused while West spoke again: "she's the only one... I have ever loved..." 

"West... if you let her go right now... that would be best thing you can do for her..." I could hear police sirens in the distance. West tightened his grip around me. My shoulder felt like it was breaking in two.

"West, please... it hurts..." I said while wincing. 

"No, no, no... this wasn't how it was supposed to be!!" he pressed his face against my head. "Who is he?!!" West shouted in rage. 

"I'm... her lover..." my eyes rose in shock. West started laughing at Kai's response. 

"Seriously... so if there's someone getting in the way of your happiness it's me.." was he out of his mind?

"You're... lying... you're lying!! I know everything about her!" his grip tightened on me again.

"No... it's true... she's all I ever think about and she loves me... in fact, if I remember..." Kai's expression changed again... he looked like he was trying to 'pity' West:  "she told me about you once... you were someone she didn't talk to in school... and even though she barely remembered you... you did all this... pathetic..." I could feel West's grip on me loosen.

"Stop..."

"You're just a weak, perverted stalker. That's all you amount to..."

"Stop..."

"She'll never love a creep like you..."

"I said stop!!!" West pushed me aside and took the knife from his back pocket. He launched himself at Kai-- his new target. I tried getting up but my legs wobbled. I must have been at my limit...

Kai was able to easily deflect his front attack and the two of them exchanged a few hits before Kai was able to gain the upper hand. He pressed West against the wall beside the front door. In a matter of seconds a few police officers, who recognized Kai, were filing inside. They held up their guns while they took over the situation at hand.

One of the police officers reached over to help me up but I shuddered. When I looked up again Kai was there. He was brushing his hair aside.

"You're safe now... let's get out of here..."

"Hazel! Hazel! Please understand! I love you! Please! Don't leave me..." I closed my eyes. When he was gone Kai leaned over to help me up. When I was up on my feet I leaned into his arms and wrapped my arms around his body. I couldn't help but feel a mixture of relief and sadness at the same time.

I thought Kai would push me away but he leaned in closer and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you..." I mumbled.

I don't know how long we were standing there but when the ambulance arrived I insisted I didn't need to go to the hospital. After they attended to my injuries I sat on the edge of the ambulance. 

"You'll have to give them your statement... but I told them to give you some time..." Kai said while I nodded. 

He exhaled and then leaned against the side of the car. 

"This wasn't your fault," I nodded again. "He... was delusional... and dangerous. He's the only one responsible for his actions... I already let the rest of the family know... they're waiting for us at home..." 

I looked up at him... home?

"Where?" I asked for some additional clarity...

"Home..." I looked up at him a little more seriously. Then I turned away because I was afraid of crying. There was a home I could go to... a place where there were people waiting for me...

"That man... won't be able to hurt you anymore..." I looked at Kai. Thinking about how just moments ago he stuck his neck out for me.

"Was that the best you could come up with?" I needed to lighten up the mood a little.

"What?"

"Lovers?" I laughed and then shuddered a little. My mouth still hurt. Kai reached out instinctively and stopped midway. Perhaps there was still that invisible line between us when we were aware of each other's presence? Even when we have times we are close... there's still who we are at the end of the day. But somehow... that distance felt like it was closing in. I reached out and held onto his hand. 

"Well, it worked..." I let go of his hand and he smiled a bit.

The two of us sat there for a bit before Kai told me he would take us back...

When we did everyone was there just like he had said. Edna looked distraught when she saw me. She held me in her arms the longest. When I held her back I started crying a little. She cupped her hands into my face and that calmed me down a little.

Nathan also leaned in and hugged me as well. He reassured me that they wouldn't let this rest. James looked relieved in the background and nodded towards my way. Then, there was Jackson, who was waiting in the distance. He was leaning against the banister. When I made eye contact with him he looked a little distressed. He then slowly walked over to me.

"Welcome back," I smiled a little and he leaned in and hugged me. It suddenly felt a little warmer between the two of us. I moved away from his body while watching him look down at me... I felt a little embarrassed...

We all gathered around in the main living room. Edna made us tea. My hands were still a little shaky from earlier so Edna steadied my hands while I held a cup. 

They let me know what 'West' was up to for the last few months. He had been tracking my movements... had been stalking me out months before I met the Ravenwolf family. The more information they told me the more chills I got. Kai told Nathan to stop. He encouraged us all to get some rest.

When we got to the bottom of the staircase all of them were staring at me. I felt grateful, but O was very conscious of their gazes on me. As though I would break like a porcelain doll if left unattended. I reassured them that I would be fine. Kai told them he would escort me to my room...

When we arrived at my door I told Kai that I would be fine again. It was already all over. But when he was leaving I accidentally reached out and grazed the top of his hand.

"Sorry..." what was I doing? I released my hand from his but before I knew it Kai reached back and held onto my hand.

"Do you want me to call Edna? She could stay with you tonight."

"I'll be fine..." he stared at me a little. "I just... need some time to process... I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared... but I've always been strong..." Kai sighed and then nodded.

"Everyone is here if you need us..." I watched him walk over to his room before I slowly went into my own. A familiar place. But it still felt lonely... it felt empty...

Before I changed into my pajamas there were some sounds at my door. When I walked over Apollo was there. I smiled and let him in. He immediately jumped into my arms. I held onto him in relief. The stress from hours ago was slowly melting away...

When I got into bed Apollo joined me. It felt as though he knew I was under duress. He crawled right next to me and I patted the top of his head.

I hadn't slept long before I woke up in tears. I must of had a nightmare. I held my hand to my chest to steady my anxiousness. 

I needed to overcome this...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 2.8K 39
'It's a survival of the fittest, you've got to survive today to fight another day. Everyone wants to live through a fight to tell the story another d...
2.3K 63 32
Raven Jocelynna is a fearless twenty-three-year-old woman who mostly stays to herself and doesn't create any kind of drama, she lives a peaceful life...
7.7M 292K 48
She is fiery, hot-headed and spontaneous. He is calm, composed and calculating. She is fire, burning every obstacle in her path. He is ice, numbing h...
365K 13.3K 43
#1 in Romance - 07.01.2021 Forced to be around each other because their best friends just happen to love each other, Nicole and Blake must learn to b...