Rising Phoenix (Akatsuki no Y...

By Celestial_Planet

"The ღøяε you don't ɯɑɳʈ them to k̸n̸o̸w̸ ƨσмɛтнιиɢ, the ღøяε you հαѵε to sᴍɪʟᴇ to h̸i̸d̸e̸ ιт." Those were t... More

Information of This Book! (Must Read)
Playlist
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter 1: Everything Stays...
Jae-ha's Birthday One-Shot!
Chapter 2: Unknown Meetings...?
Chapter 3: Trust that Gained...?
Chapter 4: Trust that Gained and Bond that Formed
Chapter 5: Promises that Will Be Stored
Chapter 6: New Love?!
Chapter 7: Will you вɛℓιɛѵɛ/ᴛʀᴜsᴛ me?
Chapter 9: The Aftermath...
Chapter 10: Where it All Started
Chapter 11: Beaten with the Truth
A/N - Break Time
Chapter 12: A Leap of Faith

Chapter 8: Trust that Turned to Dust...

280 12 2
By Celestial_Planet

~•~In Hiryuu Castle - Yona's Birthday~•~
(Y/N)'s POV
Five days later... The Celebration for Yona's 16th Birthday was here. All of King Il's friends arrived in Hiryuu Castle, they traveled from different parts of Kouka Kingdom just to get to Yona-hime's Birthday. I knew that King Il was so happy about this day, I even saw him crying to himself when we were organizing for Yona's Birthday yesterday. And I also know what problems that could happen in her Birthday, of how many casualties that may occur. What kind of bodyguard would I be if I let her go around to be with people that I don't know? What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't beside her in one of the most important years of her life?

"I'd be a lousy bodyguard and a crappy friend then." I mumbled to myself as I was in my room, wrapping the present for Yona that I was extending to do everyday since last week.

I didn't know what to do, okay? Yona's present was supposed to be a surprise so I didn't want her to see me wrapping a box while I was guarding her, she'd know immediately that it was for her. Who's Birthday was I invited today to make a present for anyway? Of course, it only took me an hour to buy a box for her gift, I was just struggling to wrap the present nicely since the ribbon I bought with it was so delicate that I had to wrap it again for the eight time already.

"Annnd there! A one clean and perfectly wrapped present for a worthy Princess." I said proudly as I held the medium sized box in my hands, making sure that it didn't have any imperfections in it.

I sighed in content as I gently placed the box down, adjusting the gold collored ribbon that I placed on the crimson painted wooden present. I smiled at my work as I pumped my fist in the air for the long time I was just sitting here and wrapping this present for Yona's Birthday.

"I hope she would like it." The smile on my face never left as I just stared at the box, wondering what her reaction to my gift would be.

"Do you know that you talk to yourself so much?"

I almost fell over my chair when I heard Hak speak. I clenched my heart as I took a deep breath before I placed my gaze on the male that had his arms crossed over his chest while he was leaning against the door.

"Geez Hak! You almost gave me a heart attack." I said as I glared at my childhood friend, but it looked like he wasn't affected by it.

"That's because you just leave your door unlocked for anyone to come in." Hak retorted as I stood up to calm myself down from what happened.

"Just tell me why you're here and not guarding the Princess." I huffed in annoyance while I was cleaning the mess that I made when I was wrapping Yona's Birthday present.

"Is it a problem if I visit my little partner?" Hak mocked as I sighed in annoyance.

He knows that I hate it when he calls me short or any nickname related to the word. Just because we're practically the same age, it doesn't mean that it isn't normal if my height is 5'4 while he's 6'2. Totally normal.

"I know that you won't visit me if you're only going to start teasing. I could tell that there's something bothering you."

"It's just that, I'm wondering when you were going to tell me about you and the Princess being chased by someone."

I froze from what Hak said, the other cut off ribbon pieces that were in my hands fell back on the desk as I was placing it in my small trash bag. I stood up straight as I slowly turned around to be met by Hak's stern expression. I gulped as I didn't expected that he'd react this way, my tounge was basically frozen since I couldn't say a single word.

"You could start off by telling me why you didn't let the guards that you met get punished by the King or removed from their duties as guards that night."

"What do you mean? You know that I don't do those kinds of things."

"Says the one that made three guards kicked out of the Castle when she saw them flirt with the Princess."

"I don't know what you're talking about Hak."

"(Y/N). That just happened four hours ago."

I gave a long sigh as I knew that there was no way that I could lie to Hak any longer. Besides, he knows me so much that he'd know what words that could make myself spill the truth immediately.

"I just can't explain it, okay? It just feels like it wasn't something that I was supposed to decide, it felt like someone else should decide something like that for them." I bit my lower lip as I became frustrated again.

I knew that what Hak mentioned was something weird for me to do, but I also genuinely didn't knew why I did what I did. Maybe it was because I felt pity for them. Maybe it was because they could be innocent. Maybe it was because it all happened in front of Soo-won and Yona. I just don't know why.

"It's alright if you don't believe me. Heck, I don't even believe me." I said as I gave a dry laugh at what I told him.

"I know you're telling the truth, it's just... I know that it's not something you would do. That's why I'm here asking you about it."

I noticed that the tension in the air lessened, telling me that Hak might've been concerned about my doing. I then felt bad since I didn't want him to worry about me, he already has a lot on his plate, adding my problems is just a burden and a waste of time. I carefully took the gift before throwing away all of the garbage left on my desk and gave Hak the most brightest smile that I could make, not showing him that it was fake.

"It's alright, you don't have to worry about what happened. I've already made sure that all of the other guards keep an eye on them. So you really do not need to worry about it." I said as I tried to dismiss the conversation we just had immediately, not wanting to discuss it more.

"Anyway, do you know where Yona-hime is? I want to give her my present since as you know, I just finished and would like to give it to her right now." I kept my smile on Hak, trying to change the subject.

Hak opened his mouth to speak, but instantly closing it as he gave a short sigh. He then opened the door and walked outside, making me follow behind him. But he did not went anywhere except outside of my door.

"The last time I saw her was before I got here. She was inside with the guests then, but when I left, I saw her go into the garden. So I suggest you go look for here there." Hak said as he pointed to the direction of the garden.

"Alrighty then. Thank you Hak." I nod as I gave him a genuine smile this time, which he replied with a nod of his own.

I quickly ran to the location of the garden, making sure that the present in my hands was secured and that I wasn't ruining it by just running. A few minutes passed by and I was already at the entrance of the garden, catching my breath as I made sure to wipe off any sweat from my forehead with the sleeve of my light (F/C) kimono since I didn't want Yona to think that I ran for my life here to just give her present. I walked inside and started to mentally prepare myself for what I would say to her. I could see that she was on one of the benches in the garden, plucking petals off a rose in her hand. I guess she still plays that petal game that love sick people do. The thought made me smile as I found it quite cute for her. I slowly walked towards her as I made sure that the gift was behind me so she couldn't see it.

"You know, I don't believe that a flower could tell you if Soo-won loves you or not." I giggled as Yona was visibly startled by my sudden presence beside her, but the gift was on my left side behind me and out of Yona's sight since she's sitting on my right.

"(Y/N)!" Yona exclaimed as she gave me an embarrassed face.

She immediately threw away the three petaled rose from my sight, showing me that she wasn't comfortable sharing with what she was doing.

"If you want my opinion, I believe that love is not a word to be defined, but a word to be acted upon. So if you want Soo-won to see you as a woman, then you should show him what he means to you." I smiled at Yona, in which she gave me a sigh in return at my advice, showing me a hopeless face.

"You know (Y/N), what you told me is easier said than done." Yona-hime gave me a sad smile, that I instead gave a bright one as I shook my head.

"If Soo-won can see how much you're a special gem in my view, I'm sure he will know what he's been missing in his life."

I laughed as Yona gave me a light shove, her cheeks turning into the same color of her hair because of embarassment. I hope she knew that I wasn't joking about what I said.

"Speaking of precious gems, I think you would maybe like this one." I showed her the present that I was hiding from her sight a moment ago, gently placing it on her lap with an excited grin on my face.

She gave me a shocked expression in return. Wait, did she expected that I wasn't going to give her a present? I gestured for her to open her gift as I was crossing my fingers that she would like my present for her. She started opening her gift, lifting the box's lid open. When she opened it, she saw a golden bracelet and a ring with a red jewel in the center. Yona gave me an unreadable expression, making me worried because she still hasn't said a word since she opened it.

"You don't like it? I-I'm sorry that I didn't knew your taste in jewelry. I should've known that you're a Princess and have many of it in your room! I'm so so sorry-" Yona cut me off with a bright smile, shaking her head as she giggled at my actions.

"You're over exaggerating my reaction (Y/N). I loved your present so much that I just can't put it into words. This is one of the best presents I had this day. Thank you so much!" Yona gave me a hug of gratitude, making me sigh in relief that she was actually happy with the gift.

"The bracelet and the ring has been passed down from my family through generations, it felt right giving you a piece of me since you have given so much to me since we were kids." I returned the hug as I told her the meaning behind her present.

"I almost forgot, I also have a matching ring with the one that I gave you." I pulled out of the hug as I showed her the green jeweled phoenix ring that was on my right hand on my middle finger.

"My parents told me that the red dragon ring you have represents righteousness and bravery, traits for a leader. Mine represents loyalty and trust, traits for a warrior. They also said that if I find someone that represents the red ring, then it will be proof of a bond that will be remembered for the next generation of my family. And I know that I was right to choose you Princess."

I took the ring in the box that Yona opened, holding her left hand as I slid the ring in her middle finger while I placed the bracelet on her right wrist. I held her left hand with my right, giving her a smile that never left my lips when I saw her positive reaction.

"(Y/N)... You have done so much to me than I ever could to you, I couldn't ask for a better friend since I already have one with me."

Yona's bright smile and her light squeeze on our intertwined hands made me so happy, reassuring me that our bond have grown stronger than before because of our little moments together. But I didn't knew why my heart ached when she told me that I was a great friend...

I didn't noticed that it was already late at night. I mostly spend everyday with Yona-hime or Hak, but I've been working on some paperwork for the Wind Tribe. Me and Hak already agreed years ago that if there are some paperwork that he is supposed to do, we will split it where I have more than him since he has the title of the General, it's one of the few things that I could help with. I started rolling the paperwork that I have just done, which took a few minutes since I have been doing this for five hours. I placed all of the rolled up paper in a (Least F/C) satchel, making sure that it will be in good condition when I give it to Hak.

Before I left my room with my satchel, I wore my black flats. I couldn't wear my (2nd F/C) shoes that I wear with my light (F/C) kimono because of drinks and food that the rich guests were 'accidentally' spilling on my shoes, I knew that they actually did it on purpose. Why would I let them order me around like their slave when my job was to guard Yona? Of course, I didn't leave them without saying I was alright with the mess they made with my shoes, I told them that if they wanted to make my shoes dirty, they should've used the crap that was coming out of their mouths all day instead.

I went out of the door of my room to where Hak is, which I actually am not sure where. I just kept walking along the concrete floor, being guided by the light of the moon. It's strange... I just passed by Yona's room and there wasn't any guards. I know for a fact that she'd be asleep in this time of the night, she already used up all her energy on her Birthday. There was no need for me to check up on her when she already told me an hour ago that she was heading to her room and wanted to greet me a good nights rest, which was very sweet of her. I'll just find some guards later to tell them to guard her room after I deliver these paperwork to Hak. As I continued my walking, I was getting more and more worried, there wasn't a single guard insight.

"Ah!"

My anxiousness increased when I heard the scream. I started running to the direction of the voice, removing my sword from its sheath when I was getting closer to the sounds of multiple running footsteps. But what I saw made me stop my breathing, I clenched the handle on my sword so tight that it could've been crushed by my hold, it made me want to scream so loud until my vocal chords snap. I saw the second guard from five days ago, raising his sword up to stab it into Yona's back. The next thing I knew, I was at Hak's side as we both killed the guards that were surrounding Yona. Which made me happy to see the second guard die at my hands.

"I wasn't planning on interfering tonight because Lord Soo-won was present. But I don't like it when the guards who are supposed to be keeping watch are all gathered here, and a party of people I am not familiar with are here as well. So Lord Soo-won... What the hell are you doing?" Hak spoke so intimidatingly that the guards turned from cocky to serious, while I gave the most nasty glare at the guards that dare lay their filthy hands on Yona-hime.

"(Y-Y/N)... Ha-Hak..." Yona said behind us, making me turn around and kneel in front of her.

She still wore the same thing that I saw her had before she went to her room, my gift that I gave her was on her except the bracelet. But the difference was that she looked so scared, and so heartbroken... What happened to her?

"I apologize for leaving your side Princess." Hak replied as he was still facing his back to Yona, making sure that the guards won't walk a feet more than where they already are.

"I also apologize Yona-hime, I'm sorry for not being with you in your time of need." I placed my right hand on her cheek as I wiped her tears with my thumb.

"Both of you... are on my side?" Yona asked as her tears kept pouring from her purple eyes, a bit of hope shining in them.

"...We were told by King Il himself to protect you at all costs. No matter what happens... We will not let him down!" I exclaimed while I stood up to be beside Hak again.

"Stand down servants. You are standing before King Soo-won, the King of Kouka Kingdom from this point on." Kye-sook, the man that I thought was suspicious days before gave us a glare that didn't affected us, but what he said made my eyes widen.

"Who did you say the King is? No wonder I had such a bad feeling. Lord Soo-won... Where is King Il?" Hak asked the question that was running in my head from the start of this.

"A moment ago... I sent him to Hell." I started shaking a bit, not from fear, but from anger that I was trying to control.

I noticed that the floor cracked from the way Hak pierced the ground with the other side of his weapon. I also felt that the temperature increased, making a thin layer of sweat appear on my forehead.

"Are you hearing yourself? That's going too far, even for a joke." I said as I gave a dry chuckle from what I heard.

"You can ask Yona-hime, because she witnessed the death of the King with her own eyes."

Something inside of me snapped. I ran towards Soo-won as I attacked him with my sword that was shining a bit, blocking my attack with his own, I then noticed that he was blocking both mine and Hak's attack.

"Say the truth!" Hak exclaimed as the three of us made a step back from or attack/defense.

"I'm not lying."

"You seriously killed our King?! The kind and gentle King that treated us as his own children!" I shouted as I was now the one with tears pouring down my cheeks, sweat rolling down from my forehead to my chin.

"Lord Soo-won, let me take it from here." The first guard I encountered five days ago spoke, making me wish that I should've killed him when I had the chance.

"Do not interfere. Your head will fly off if he comes near you, while you wouldn't notice that she slit your throats if she attacks you. The two standing before you are the duo trump cards of Hiryuu Castle. The fifth General Son Hak and his partner (L/N) (Y/N)." I didn't care about the compliment Soo-won just gave us, what matters to me now is Yona and Hak's safety.

"Hak?!"

"(Y/N)?!"

"Son Hak and (L/N) (Y/N) are the grandchildren of the Wind Tribe's previous chief, Son Mun-deok. At a young age, Son Hak succeeded the role of chief. While (L/N) (Y/N) became his second in command, the assistant chief of the Wind Tribe. A single strike of his sword is like lightning, hence the name the Thunder Beast of Kouka. Her attacks are graceful yet as fatal as a swan's attack, therefore gaining the title of Mortal Hakuchō of the Castle." I heard Kye-sook told the guards around him, which I didn't gave a single damn if it was positive or not.

"Why are you taking the throne by force? No... you're not someone who attaches himself to things like that, right?" I quickly wiped the tears from eyes as I tried to stop my crying, it's getting really annoying that my vision is turning blurry from my tears.

"You wielded a sword against a delicate King who despised weapons? Your pride allowed that?!" Hak exclaimed as he pointed the blade of his weapon towards Soo-won.

"This Nation has no need for a weak King."

What Soo-won said was another trigger for us to attack him. I collided both of our swords with each other feeling my hands getting hotter by the rage I was feeling, giving Hak an upper hand. Hak didn't hesistated when he gave a long cut to Soo-won's left shoulder. Me and Hak took a step back as we prepared ourselves to give a more powerful blow on the King.

"Wait! That's as far as you could go." The first guard from before said as many guards pointed their spears to mine and Hak's neck.

I took a glance at Yona, seeing her cry beside me made my heart clench. I then moved my sight to Hak, giving him a worried expression, in which he just gave a reassuring nod. I turned my head to Soo-won, giving him a glare full of rage that I never gave him until this very day.

"Soo-won. Was the Soo-won I knew all this time... was an illusion? I thought that every moment all of us shared meant something. Heck, I even trusted one of the most important people in my life to maybe one day marry you. Now I can see that I was just blinded with a trust I thought existed..." I scoffed as I never left my eyesight from Soo-won, I wanted him to feel all of the guilt that someone could feel with the deception he just gave us.

My voice and expression showed fury and anger, but it was hard to see the betrayal and sadness I'm feeling inside my heart. The heart that believed in every single lie Soo-won gave us to just gain his own selfish desires.

"I was never the Soo-won you knew to begin with. If anyone stands in my way, I will eliminate them. No matter who it is." That gave me confirmation, confirmation that I should've never trusted him.

I then saw an arrow flew by between me and Hak that landed at our feet. The guards started to show slight panic that there was someone else that wasn't on their side.

"An arrow?! Where did it come from?!"

I immediately carried Yona with my left arm behind her back and my right arm under her knees, my adrenaline helping me lift her with no struggle. I ran away from the guards with Hak that was leading the way. Minutes later we were running to where we heard Min-soo calling our names. We were then lead to a place where there were no guards, but a big tree in its place. I then gently placed Yona-hime on the tree for her to lay her back on so she could catch her breath. I then turned my head to look at Min-soo while I was sitting next to Yona.

"Was the arrow your doing Min-soo?" Hak asked him as I sweatdropped at the poorly shot arrow that came to rescue us.

"His Majesty is-" I tried to tell Min-soo our situation but he cut me off before I could continue.

"I know. I heard the conversation from before." He gave me a nod before he turned his face to Yona-hime.

"Princess... Is King Il truly dead?" Min-soo asked Yona, getting a small nod for a reply that made me sadder because of the tears that returned to fall down her glistening purple orbs.

"Is that so? I am truly sorry. It's hard to believe... Just a little while ago, he was smiling and looked so happy at the Princess's Celebration."

We then heard voices from a couple of guards many feet away from us. I glared at their direction, remembering that they didn't care if they were going to kill Yona-hime before.

"It's only a matter of time before they find us."

"I agree with Hak, we should find a way to get out of here without the guards seeing us."

"I'll create a way for all of you to escape. Run faraway from this Castle." Min-soo said which made me concerned that we aren't going out of this together.

"The troops that came with Lord Soo-won and the troops who support Lord Soo-won have gathered at Hiryuu Castle."

"We'll be killed for sure if they caught us."

"That's why we need to have a well thought plan if we want to make it out here alive."

"Where will... we go?"

I then looked to my side with widened eyes when I heard Yona speak.

"Even though Father was crying tears of joy at the banquet... I didn't say a word to him. I didn't say thank you. This is my Father's Castle. Where will we go...?"

I instantly hugged Yona, burying my own tears that I have been trying to hold back on her shoulder.

"You can go anywhere, as long as you survive. That is how best you can repay your Father." I snifled as I remove myself on the hug, showing Yona a smile as we both had tears pouring down our cheeks.

A few minutes later... We were in front of the unguarded gates of Hiryuu Castle. I gave out a relieved sigh that we actually made it this far. I immediately regretted it when we heard footsteps close to where we were.

"I'll lead them away." Min-soo said as he started to walk away from us.

"Min-soo!" I whisper shouted at him, I didn't want another person to pass away without me doing anything to prevent it.

"Lady (Y/N), please take care of Yona-hime." Before I could reply, Min-soo ran away from us as he wore Yona's robe to hide his identity.

I was about to run to him, but I was pulled away by my wrist. I turned to look at Hak as I gave him a desperate look, he just gave me a serious one as he started to drag me away with Yona following beside us outside the gates of Hiryuu Castle. I didn't say anything or fought back at Hak's actions, I knew that I should hold onto Min-soo's wish so his sacrifice wasn't in vain...

Keeping Yona-hime safe.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Published:
6/19/20

Sorry I'm a day late. I've been busy with figuring myself out since it's almost my birthday, a day that I'm going to make an important decision that would either give me a good future or a very bad one.

Please give me feedback by voting or commenting, it helps me sleep at night— I mean it helps me know what you think of the chapters and it lets me know if you're enjoying it. Here's an icecream if you've already done that: 🍦

Remember to stay safe (especially in these times), sleep well, and keep shining my lovely starlights!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.5K 76
Yumi, who is Yona's older sister, but also the First Generation Cyan Dragon who has been borned again in the world with her young sister, Yona, the C...
11.9K 224 15
I do not own Seraph of the End! Check out the anime if you haven't. You've helped two of your family, Mika, Yuu and Akane escape the feeding place bu...
54.3K 2.7K 43
Azumi was once a nobody, an orphan stuck in a dying wasteland. However, after one fateful day, Azumi was suddenly pulled out of that dismal life and...
346K 12K 44
(COMPLETED) Meet Yona, the cherished princess of the 'peaceful' kingdom of Kouka. When something terrible happens on the night of her sixteenth birth...