Rayla x Callum (Rayllum)

بواسطة Firestar_05

Rayla has been having terrible nightmares, but she has no idea what's causing them. Could they be revealing t... المزيد

~ Nightmares ~
~ Jealousy ~
~ The Coin ~
~ Aaravos... ~
~ The Creature ~
~ The Moon Beneath The Lake: Part 1 ~
~ The Moon Beneath The Lake: Part 2 ~
~ Temptation ~
~ Freedom ~
~ Pain ~
~ Changing Times ~
~ The Great Ones ~
Final Update

~ Doubt ~

2.6K 69 273
بواسطة Firestar_05

Rayla chuckled nervously walking over to Callum. She desperately wanted to hold his hand, they were in this together, but she couldn't show it.

"Mum, Dad, Runaan..." Rayla gulped, "This is Callum."

"I'm her-"

"Really good friend!" Rayla interrupted laughing nervously, reminding Callum that he was talking to two elite warriors and a trained assassin.

"I'll explain later, let's just get out of here." 

Before Rayla's parents had a chance to react, Rayla nodded to the light being signalling that they were ready to go. It nodded back respectfully before opening a massive blue portal.

"After you guys," Rayla gestured to her parents and Runaan once more.

They reluctantly stepped through the portal, and Rayla breathed a sigh of relief once they were gone. Callum gave her an unsure look.

"I will tell them. Eventually." She said, kissing his cheek.

"I just don't want you to hide your feelings for me, I don't want you to hide us."

"I'll tell them soon, I promise" She reassured.

He took her hand in his and they stepped through the portal together. 

----------

When they returned through the portal it was around midday. They had been gone for at least 12 hours although it didn't feel like it.

"You can stay at the nexus as long as you desire" Lujanne insisted.

"Thank you so much for your kindness" Tiadrin replied with a smile.

Callum was completely silent as he watched Rayla catch up with her parents, it made him realise how much he missed his.

"Hey," Claudia said resting a hand on his shoulder, "Do they know? About you and the elf?" She asked sympathetically.

"No. Rayla's afraid to tell them, and honestly I can understand why," Callum explained unable to decide what to do.

"You should meet up with her in private, talk about it." She suggested.

"Yeah, maybe I should"

Callum had begun to teach Rayla some basic sign language, and this would be the perfect opportunity to use it. He got her attention the began to sign, 'meet me nexus sunset.' she replied 'ok'  before turning back to Runaan and her parents.

After Rayla finally got Runaan off her tail, she made her way up to the nexus.

"Good evening M'lady" Callum chortled giving her a silly bow.

Rayla sighed, "Good evening my prince," she said giving a curtsy in return as she rolled her eyes.

"Look, about earlier, I was planning to tell them." Rayla began.

"I understand, you're scared. We can tell them tomorrow, together."

Rayla gave him a soft smile and kissed his cheek, "Thanks."

"We probably shouldn't spend the night together tonight, Runaan's been following me around all afternoon. I was barely able to lose him to meet up tonight."

"I agree. Will you be ok?" 

"Yes I'll be fine, don't worry about me."

Rayla gave him a peck on the lips before walking off back toward the room she was staying in. Unfortunately for her, Runaan was waiting at the front door, an angry expression plastered on his face.

"And where have you been?"

"Trying to escape you," She scoffed, "Can't a girl ever get some privacy? You're being way too over-protective, I'm an adult I can make my own decisions!"

"Not yet, you're not! And your parents put me in charge while they go to the storm spire to inform Zubeia of what happened to them."

"That may be the case, but you don't have to follow my every move!" She retorted.

"Who is that human, that 'really good friend' of yours"

"None of your business." She hissed slamming the door behind her.

Runaan walked away angrily, he had had enough, Rayla had changed and he didn't like what she had become.

----------

Rayla laid in bed staring at the ceiling for hours. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't get to sleep. After a while, she decided to get up and go for a walk.  She grabbed her boots and snuck out the back window quietly. She wandered for a while thinking about all the possible ways her parents would react to her dating a human and somehow ended up outside Callum's room. Rayla knew she shouldn't be there, they agreed not to see each other that night but despite that Rayla knocked on the window anyway. 

Callum was in the corner of his room reading a book when he heard someone knocking on the window. He opened it to find Rayla standing there shivering as a strong cold breeze blew past them. 

"Ray, I thought-"

"I can't sleep."

Well, he couldn't just say no to her. So he grabbed her hand and pulled her up into his room. Callum blew out his candle and put away his book. He pulled back the doona on his bed and Rayla snuggled in beside him, resting her head on his warm chest. She closed her eyes and he stroked her forehead softly, helping her to relax for the first time that night.

----------

As Runaan patrolled the area he ran into a certain raven-haired mage. Claudia looked at his frustrated expression and commented.

"So I'm guessing she told you then?"

"What are you going on about, human?" Runaan spat.

"About her and Callum, that's why you're angry right?"

"Excuse me?"

Claudia began to realise she had stuffed up this time. Trying to cover up her mistake, she replied, "Oh nothing, it doesn't matter."

"Tell me or I will make you." Runaan threatened.

"Geez calm down, they're just dating that's all. But I didn't tell you anything, for the record."

"They're what...?" 

"Where are you going?" Claudia asked nervously.

"Oh nowhere," Runaan said as he walked off.

"Shit" Was all Claudia could say.

----------

Runaan burst into Callum's room to see Rayla sound asleep by the human's side. Callum jumped, startled by the sudden intrusion.

"You son of a bitch!" Runaan yelled, "Get away from her!"

"Shut up!" Callum whisper-yelled, ushering Runaan outside and shutting the door quietly behind them.

"Why you little-"

"Seriously, be quiet" Callum pleaded to try to calm down the furious elf. "She took an hour to get to sleep, don't you dare wake her up!" He chided.

"I'm sure missing a few hours sleep wouldn't hurt if it meant getting away from you." Runaan spat.

"You don't know her like I do! She barely gets any sleep as it is and most of the time she wakes up with terrible nightmares. Please don't wake her, she needs rest, you've made her stressed enough as it is!" Callum pleaded again.

"How have I made her stressed?!" He retorted.

"She's scared to death of what you'll think of her when you find out she's dating..." He trailed off

"You..."

"I was going to say a human, but that works too I guess. But wait how'd you- you know what never mind. Most of all, she's worried you're going to kill me or something because of it!"

"This is ridiculous! How could she ever love a human! Her family didn't give up their whole lives for her to end up like this, she is a disgrace!"

"A disgrace huh? Is that really all you think of me?!" Rayla's voice echoed loudly. She was standing at the doorway, and she had been watching them mindlessly argue this whole time.

"Rayla, you know better than this!"

"Runaan you are not the boss of me! And I can choose who I love!" Rayla said as the stormed off into the shadows.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

133 35 22
The battles on. Rosalind and Nathen have been through it al or so it seems but has fate final caught up with them? When the battles all over time tra...
230K 4.9K 22
Rayla, Ezran and Callum complete their mission and bring peace to Xadia. Soon after, negotiations for the alliance begin, but certain elven tradition...
21.3K 319 13
[COMPLETED!] ❝Who is it?" Ethari asked the blue-haired sky elf. ❝Someone you loved.❞ ~•~•~•~•~•~•~ Six years have passed since the return of Zym, the...
25.8K 596 19
After the Final Battle, Callum is plagued by awful dreams. But when a terrible future is shown to him in one such nightmare-- a future without Rayla...