SUNRISE (minsung)

Bởi bubbletaey

"you don't have to see what i see to love everything about you, minho." in which visually impaired minho and... Xem Thêm

SUNRISE1
SUNRISE3
SUNRISE4

SUNRISE0

2.1K 145 75
Bởi bubbletaey

"Morning." The bus driver said cheerfully, and Minho could imagine the curve of their lips at the amused tone the bus driver always greeted them with.

He had always pictured this particular driver as someone who resembled Santa Clause, with a big round belly and white beard- paired with their jolly laughter and infectious happiness.

He smiled at the mental image, but also to be polite, nodding back after tapping his card, the familiar sound of the validity of the card filling the otherwise silent bus. The only other sound being the engine at rest, rumbling quietly beneath his feet.

"Goodmorning."

In contrast to the stuffy summer morning of the outside, the bus felt a little cooler and less crowded, the smell of metal and people not yet absorbed into the seats of the bus. Afterall, they were the first people to get on it. There was never anyone on the bus around this time, which is why he and Danbi, the determined Doberman slowly scampering infront of him, always decided to get on this particular bus.

They wouldn't ever try and get on it another time of day, especially later on in the afternoon, as there would be far too many people. Which brought many problems, many of which include Danbi getting distracted by people (kids) the crowd and losing focus of her job, which Minho never blamed her for.

So, to save a tiresome early morning walk, they take the bus. As they have been for the last two years. Just the two of them, and occasionally a group of school children on the way to highschool (who were always polite enough to say Goodmorning, but not interact any further).

Finally, Danbi halted her steps smoothly, following their usual routine, and Minho fluidly reached out to grab the railing infront of him.

After he had sat down, and Danbi comfortably tucking herself beneath the seat, Minho felt the buses engine roar to life, the vibrations travelling through the chair and all throughout his body. Exhilarating.

He relaxed his back when the bus finally departed from the stop, and carried on its smooth journey on the practically empty roads. They normally don't start getting louder and bustling with horns until morning rush hour of around 7 or 8, around the time which he and Danbi would be happily trotting home after a wonderful morning stroll in the park.

So, comforted by the small snorts and sighs emitting from the relaxed dog at his feet, the tip of her wet nose against his ankle, Minho reached into his hoodie pocket, immediately feeling the desired object.

He took the MP3 player out, careful not to accidentally pull out anything else with the tangle of the wires, and got to work with untangling the vines around it. When that was finally done, he felt around for the right sided earphones.

The moment Minho pressed play, an overwhelming emotion of nostalgia and empathy washed over him like a deep wave, the first chords of the song echoing against his mind.

And I'd give up forever
to touch you
'Cause I know that you
feel me somehow.

The bus pulled into another stop, and instinctively, Minho pulled his legs a little tighter together. Whenever he traveled with Danbi, no matter how much of a sweetheart she was, he knew that the two of them took up a lot of space, and so he tried to minimize as much of that space as he could when capable.

The doors opened with a harsh hiss, and immediately the loud steps of heeled office shoes smacked against the metal floor,

You're the closest to
heaven that I'll ever be,

"Morning driver!" A loud and cheery (and unfamiliar) tone of a man exclaimed upon entering, followed by the beeping of their bus card.

"Morning." The driver replied with an amused huff, seemingly taken aback by such a bright sounding man so early in the morning to challenge his own joy.

The surprise must've been evident on the bus drivers face, as the new passenger chuckled knowingly as they walked away, their footsteps approaching Minho, almost sounding like they had a mission to complete.

And I don't want to go
home right now.

Minho smiled lightly to himself, imagining the most absurd pair of shoes he could, amusing himself so much that he didn't notice that he new passenger had chosen to flop themselves down on the seat directly infront of him.

It was only when Danbi moved slightly to rub against the back of his leg contently, did Minho notice the sound of someone humming absentmindedly infront of him, the sound of a bag zipping open and papers shuffling around in it.

"Morning." The stranger piped up suddenly, and much like the driver before, Minho found himself stunned as such a hyper and carefree tone.

In his mind, he added some glitter to the imaginary shoes he had created. As only someone who was brave enough to wear glittery shoes would sound so cheerful at 5 in the morning on a Monday.

Slowly, Minho found his words from where they had become trapped in his throat, "Goodmorning." He replied softly, but sure he was heard when the man hummed happily in response.

Until they suddenly gasped and exclaimed "Oh my god!".

Both Danbi and Minho sat up and went rigid at the alarmed tone-

"Is that an MP3 player?!" They shouted again, like it was the most shocking revelation to hit the markets since sliced bread.

"That's why you gasped?" Minho asked frustratedly, not appreciating getting spooked so early in the morning.

But the man seemed unphased, even when Danbi huffed in similar annoyance, "Well sorry but- I haven't seen one in years! I used to have one as a kid but- man, do they still make these things? It looks brand new."

Minho felt a slight flush travel up his neck, "It's...custom made."

"No way!" The man shouted again, and Minho feared that Danbi would get up and sit on his face if he didn't control his volume. "Dude that's so cool!"

Minho hesitated, grip tightening around the object that could fit perfectly in his palm.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it," he spoke quieter, "I just got so excited to see one again."

Minho hummed in response, feeling a little out of body at the whole situation. Never had he met such a talkative stranger on the bus before.

"Mind me asking what you're listening to?" They continued conversationally, papers continuing to be shuffled around infront of him.

Minho felt himself smiling softly at the strangers enthusiasm to carry on talking, "Iris."

"Goo goo dolls?!" Minho heard their voice a little louder, illustrating that he had leaned forward, "Man, you really are the coolest guy ever. You have a Doberman, MP3 player and a fan of goo goo dolls? Just marry me."

All of a sudden, it sounded like the last word was ripped from the strangers mouth, and Minho pictured a very uncomfortable and embarrassed man wearing sparkly red shoes sitting infront of him. The uncomfortable silence had created a dent in their conversation, and Minho found himself missing their cheerful voice.

"Atleast buy me dinner first." Minho muttered back, a little embarrassed and shocked at himself.

At first, there was nothing but silence following his statement, and even Danbi huffed uncomfortably.

But all of that uncertainty completely evaporated when the stranger snorted loudly, before bursting into a loud and high pitched laughter. Minho couldn't help himself, and chuckled back, covering his face as best as he could with his hoodie sleeve.

"Oh god, what is this..."

The stranger only laughed harder, finally placing all the papers in the bag and zipping it up. Just then, the bus pulled into another stop, as it smoothly lurched into one side at a slower pace.

"Well this is me," he said, voice still laced in amusement, the faintest wisp of laughter still on the tip of his tongue, "I hope the two of you have a good rest of the day!"

But before Minho could stamp down his laughter and muster the words to bid goodbye, the bus stopped abruptly, the hissing of the doors opening.

"I'll be leaving now." They announced, eventhough Minho could tell by the shifting of their bag and voice that they had stood up, but appreciated the thought nonetheless.

"Have a good day." He mused, pleased when the other chuckled lowly, before the sound of their heeled office shoes clicked away.

The song had finished a long time ago, and Minho belatedly noticed that 1 or 2 other songs had shuffled past during their encounter as well; yet the lyrics of that particular song that had started when the loud man entered the bus continued to dance around in his chest for the remainder of their journey.

It was only when Minho was half way through Mr.Brightside while being lead along the cobbled pathway of the park, the early summer sunrise breeze fluttering across his face did he realise;

He never got the strangers name.

SUNRISE,
CHAPTER 1.

i hope you all
look forward to
this and enjoy this
story, filled with
realistic and healthy
relationships,
empathy for all,
and emotional
encounters.

remember ! you are
loved & you are valid <3

WIP. | 060320

FIN. | ??????

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

226K 5K 73
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
267K 40.3K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
18.5K 626 28
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
36.3K 2K 32
Come and join the family of Kim. See how the Kim family spends the day, including the cool Dada Jin, strict Appa Joon, calm yoongi, overactive hobi...