Race Against Time - A Paw Pat...

由 ThreadyRumble

Book One of the "Long and Hopeful Journey" Series. When Chase is missing, it is up to the rest of the Paw Pat... 更多

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
***Note From Author 1***
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
***Note From Author 2***
Chapter Twenty-Three (Final)

Chapter One

9.2K 64 51
由 ThreadyRumble

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Paw Patrol or the characters. I just own the story.

______________________________________________________________________

IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL AFTERNOON the Adventure Bay. Ryder and the pups (including Everest) were just coming back from saving Chickaletta from the mountain as they usually do. After a long day tracking her down, the pups were excited to be able to play. Rubble, Rocky, and Zuma were playing hide-and-seek and tug-of-war in the yard. Chase, Skye, Marshall, and Everest were going to the park with Ryder's permission while he was helping Katie with the air conditioner. They were playing tag for hours until it was getting dark.

"We should get going," said Chase, looking at the horizon, "Ryder would not like it if we are not there when he comes back."

"Yeah," Skye sighed, sad that they had to stop playing, "I guess we should."

"You guys wanna race back?" asked Marshall wagging his tail.

"You're on!" said Everest.

They went sprinting off towards the Lookout. Skye and Everest weren't as strong and fast as Chase and Marshall, so they started walking halfway there.

While they walked, Skye was thinking Chase. She has liked him ever since he brought her to the Paw Patrol. Everest was thinking about Marshall. She also has liked him ever since she joined the Paw Patrol as well. Then there was a loud noise that shook them out of their thoughts. They were worried something might have happened but heard laughing from Chase and Marshall and knew everything was okay.

"I was worried there for a second," said Skye to Everest.

"Yeah, me too," said Everest back.

Everest and Skye have known about each other's crushes for a while now. They have talked about it a bit.

"You were thinking about him, weren't you?" asked Everest.

Skye blushed. "Yeah," said Skye. She has always liked everything about Chase. She liked how he is serious when he has to be and playful when he wants to be. She liked how he was always gentle with the other pups even though he was the biggest and strongest of them all. She liked how his brown fur went with his beautiful amber eyes. She liked how he took care of her when she was new to the whole Paw Patrol thing.

"But you were thinking about Marshall, weren't you?" asked Skye.

Everest blushed. "Yeah," said Everest. She liked everything about Marshall. She liked how he always had a positive attitude. She liked how clumsy he was, she thought it was cute. She liked his white and black fur and his diamond blue eyes. She liked how he took care of her on her first day in the Paw Patrol.

"I just want to have him around me," said Everest.

"Yeah, me too," said Skye.

"Well, let's hurry up. We can't be out so late," said Everest. So they ran.

Chase and Marshall ran towards the Lookout. Marshall, being his clumsy self, tripped on a chew toy and bumped into Chase while they were running. They tumbled into the elevator.

"Just like every day, we didn't miss it," said Chase. They laughed.

Marshall got up and looked out the door. "Where are the girls?" he asked.

"They probably just slowed down for a bit," said Chase.

"Should we wait for them here?" asked Marshall

"Sure, why not," replied Chase. They sat down near the door.

"Today was fun," said Marshall.

"Yeah, it was," said Chase.

"I wish we didn't have to come back."

"Marshall, you know that if we stayed at the park, Ryder would get worried."

"Yeah," Marshall sighed. "I just wish we could've stayed a little while longer."

"True, we did have a lot of fun"

"Do you think Everest likes me?" asked Marshall.

"Why wouldn't she?" asked Chase. "You're funny, charismatic, always with a positive attitude, and you are amazing."

"Thanks, I sure am lucky to have you as a brother, Chase,"

Chase rubbed Marshall's head with his paw. "Hey, you know that I will always be there for you."

"Yeah, I've known that before we even founded the Paw Patrol with Ryder."

"Yeah, the time before that was tough."

"When will we tell the team the story?" asked Marshall.

"When they are ready to know the truth," said Chase.

"When is that, Chase? The rest are getting anxious to know."

"Don't worry, Marshall. We will tell them soon enough, just keep it a secret a little while longer."

"Fine," Marshall sighed, "But let's not keep it in for too long."

Chase looked outside. "Looks like Skye and Everest are coming back."

"We should go up to them," said Marshall.

"Okay," said Chase, so they started walking toward them.

"What took you two so long?" asked Chase.

"Oh, um, we needed to catch our breath," said Skye.

"Well, next time we'll just walk the whole way," said Marshall.

"Sounds like a plan," said Everest.

Then Ryder came back from Katie's place. He parked his ATV in the garage and walked outside.

"Hey, pups," said Ryder.

"Hi, Ryder," said the pups in unison.

"Why aren't you four in bed, it's pretty late right now?" asked Ryder.

The pups knew they weren't supposed to be out this late. The others didn't know what to say, so Chase stepped up.

"We were just waiting for you, Ryder sir. We wanted to eat dinner with you, right guys?"

The others nodded just going with it.

"Yeah, Ryder," said Marshall, "we wanted to eat together."

"Alright, then, let's go eat."

The pups cheered when they heard this. They walked into the kitchen to get food. Once they got their food, they went up the elevator to the balcony. The pups didn't realize how hungry they were until they started eating. They finished their food before Ryder even had three bites of his cereal. Ryder was surprised at how fast they ate.

"You guys were hungry, weren't you?" he asked.

The pups laughed at his statement. After Ryder finished eating, he ordered them to go to sleep. They were more than happy to hear this. They told each other goodnight and headed off to their pup houses. Everest parked vehicle/pup house between Skye's and Marshall's. They were all hoping that they could play again tomorrow. Soon, they drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, Chase woke up before everyone else as he usually does to wake them up. Once he woke them up and ate, he went to his pup house to lay down. He was thinking about Skye. He liked her ever since he saved her that day. He liked everything about her. He liked her golden-brown fur and her magenta eyes. He liked how she would fly over their heads during missions and do tricks.

While he was lost in thought, The other pups were playing tag. It wasn't until 10 minutes into the game when Skye noticed that Chase was missing.

"Hey, where's Chase?" she asked.

"I don't know, Skye," said Rocky, barely realizing it.

"He probably is doing something with Ryder," said Zuma.

"Imma go look for him," said Skye.

She walked towards the Lookout. He wasn't in the living room so she went upstairs. She didn't see either Chase or Ryder. She decided to go check the garage. She went outside and walked towards the garage. She noticed Ryder was working on his ATV.

"Hey, Ryder," said Skye.

"Hey, Skye, what's the matter?" he asked.

"Nothing, I was just looking for Chase. Have you seen him?"

"No, not since he was at breakfast, why?"

"Because I wanted to ask him if he wanted to play with us?"

"Oh, I see. Well, have you checked his pup house."

Skye felt dumb. Of course, why didn't I think of that?

"No, but I'll check. Thanks, Ryder" Skye said. She licked his cheek and walked off towards Chase's pup house.

Ryder chuckled. "What such good pups." And with that, he went back to work.

Skye walked towards Chase's pup house. Maybe this is my chance to tell him how I feel towards him, she thought. She was about to knock on the door when her pup tag went off. "Paw Patrol, to the Lookout," Ryder's voice said through the pup tag. Chase opened the door without noticing Skye who was a few feet behind him.

"Ryder needs us!" he said as he ran off to the Lookout.

Skye sighed, Maybe next time. She ran off behind Chase.

When Skye got to the elevator, she saw Chase standing outside the elevator door.

"Hey, where's Marshall?" he asked.

Like on cue, Marshall came sliding into everyone on a skateboard. He crashed into everyone. Everest fell on top of Marshall and Skye on top of Chase. They blushed as the other three, who were in a dogpile, laughed. Once they got to the top, they jumped out of the elevator and got in their position. Everest got in position next to Marshall. Chase was wearing his super-spy suit.

"Paw Patrol ready for action, Ryder, sir" exclaimed Chase.

"Thanks for getting here so fast, pups," said Ryder. "There has been a fire in an abandoned warehouse at the mountain. Everyone was out of the way when the fire was ablaze, but the fire was massive. Being such a giant fire, we have to extinguish it quickly. The cause of the fire is still unknown."

He swiped the screen to Marshall's tag. "For this mission, I need Marshall, with your hose, we can put out the fire."

"I'm fired up!" he said.

Ryder swiped to Chase's logo. "Chase, you are going to find out what led to the fire and try to make sure it won't happen again."

"Super-spy Chase is on the case," he exclaimed.

He swiped to Everest's tag. "Everest since you know your way around the mountain, you are going to lead us to the warehouse and with Jake's help, you will keep everyone away from the fire."

"Off the trail, Everest won't fail," she said.

Ryder swiped the screen to Skye's tag. "And Skye, we will need your help to bring water from the bay and pour in on the places where Marshall's hose can't reach. You can also tell us if there is anything too close to the warehouse that can be dangerous."

"Let's take to the sky!" she exclaimed while doing a backflip.

"Alright, Paw Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder said. He slid down the fire pole. The pups slid down the slide into their vehicles. They went towards the mountain with Everest in the lead. If it wasn't for Everest, they would've fallen down a cliff. Skye used her goggles to look for the smoke caused by the fire.

"Ryder, I found where the fire is, it is a mile due north," she told Ryder through her pup tag.

"Ok, Skye, we are on our way, great job," he replied. Skye liked it when he complimented her. It made her feel special. She led the rest of the team to the fire from the air. Finally, they got there. They realized the fire was bigger than any of them expected.

"Alright then, Marshall, go and put out as much fire as you can. Skye, go to the bay and grab some water. Chase, go find out what caused the fire. And Everest, go with Jake to keep everyone as far away as possible," said Ryder.

"Ok, Ryder," the pups said in unison as they went to do their job.

Everest went towards Jake's cabin. On the way, she was thinking about Marshall. I hope he's okay, she thought. Of course, he's okay, he's Marshall. When he and Chase work together, anything is possible. She wondered what had happened to them in the past. She tried asking the other pups, but they didn't know either. Whenever one of them needed help, the other one was always there for him. She was still wondering about these things when she approached Jake's cabin.

"Ryder told me what was going on, I am all in, it is my mountain, after all," he said.

Jake got on the back of Everest's vehicle and off they went to help.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

2.6K 56 6
Recovery takes a while. It may take days, weeks, months, or even years at times. 4 months after the events of It Was An Accident, the pups have seeme...
43.1K 981 20
[Part 1 out of 3] An optimistic Cockapoo must convince a reluctant German Shepherd that love is worth giving a second chance but can two individuals...
27K 447 16
Book Two of the "Long and Hopeful Journey" Series. If you haven't read the first story in the series, Race Against Time, I suggest reading it before...
82.2K 1.1K 23
Five years ago, Chase had run away from Adventure Bay. He did it to protect the rest of the Paw Patrol after an incident where someone had told him t...