Cold Water

Bởi Cheppakkarla

When two people with different personalities are forced to be together. It is not an easy thing, but it is n... Xem Thêm

Part 00 - Summary
Part 01 - First Impression
Character Introduction
Part 02 - Meet With Rival
Part 03 - Something Wrong
Part 04 - Bowl of Soup
Part 05 - That's strange
Part 06 - Little thing called Happiness
Part 07 - Not Sleeping Beauty
Part 08 - Realized
Part 09 - Investigation 1
Part 10 - Investigation 2
Part 11 - Investigation 3
Part 12 - Lost in The Woods 1
Part 13 - Lost in The Woods 2
Part 15 - Smile on Your Face
Part 16 - Sweet Memories
Part 17 - Dinner
Part 18 - Nightmare

Part 14 - Something (not) Good

3K 176 78
Bởi Cheppakkarla

Note:

Narration
"Conversation"
'Thoughts'
(My ramble)

°

Zhan almost fell from the bed when he heard the loud ring of door bell in the morning. Who is so crazy to visit someone's house at 6 in the morning!!!

Once he opened the door, Zhan was quite surprised to see who was standing in front of him.

"Are you Xiao Zhan?"

Zhan just nodded quietly.

"Firstly, let me apologize for disturbing you early in the morning. Secondly, let me introduce myself, I'm Chen Zhuo Xuan, your co-worker Yibo's fiancee" the girl reached out her hand.

"Xiao Zhan" Zhan said accepting her hand.

"Actually, the reason for my visit is to ask Mr. Xiao Zhan for help in doing something that I cannot do.." Zhuo Xuan's cheeks were flushed red. Zhan was quite confused by the strange behavior of the girl.

"About what, Ms. Chen? If I can, I will be happy to help you" Zhan smiled politely.

"About Yibo's injured leg, he still needs a bath. However, as I am a woman I cannot help him in the shower.." 
(Gurllll.. You are practically asking a monkey to guard your banana!! Or his banana 🤔
OK whosever banana,  ┐( ´ ▽`)┌  )

'Bath?? Help??? Xiao Zhan.. You must think about it.

You should reject it. Of course, given what happened between the two of them after they played with water previous time. And Zhan admits it was all his fault that the relationship between them is back to square one.

'However, refusing a girl's request for help is rude. Moreover, this request for help is related to the issue of politeness.'

So after thinking for a while, Zhan decided to agree to the girl's request.

He could only hope that while doing so, he don't think of doing anything else to Yibo.
( You sure?? 🤨🤨 )

"Yes, miss. I will help you" 

Hearing that, Zhuo Xuan looked at Zhan with sparkling eyes.

"Really, Mr. Xiao Zhan? Are you going to help?" Zhuo Xuan asked holding Zhan's both hands.

"Of course" Xiao Zhan smiled wryly. That girl's smile looked very sweet.

"Then let's go to Yibo's apartment." Zhuo Xuan pulled Zhan by hand.

Zhan stopped to her to lock the front door. Once completed, Zhan let the girl pull him excitedly into Yibo's apartment.

"Yibo. I brought someone who can help you shower. Guess who?" Zhuo Xuan said in a funny teasing tone.

Yibo raised his eyebrows in confusion. When he saw the person who just entered from the door, Yibo almost gasped.

"Hi.." Zhan waved his hand awkwardly.

He stared at Yibo with a concerned look.
The younger man is currently sitting on sofa with his feet on the table before him. His legs which were usually wrapped in tight jeans are now wrapped in several layers of bandages. As he recently received treatment, it's not good to expose them to water.

Yibo just hummed in response. Zhan could only smile wryly.

"Mr. Xiao Zhan, I have prepared warm water in the bathtub. As well as the equipment needed, so you can help bathe Yibo now before the water cools."

"Ah.. Alright.." Zhan gulped slowly.

He approached Yibo and lowered his foot gently taking care not to hurt him.

"Yibo. I'll be waiting here. Call me if you need anything."

Zhuo Xuan sat on the sofa where Yibo was sitting earlier.

This is the first time Zhan entered Yibo's bathroom, even though he already visited Yibo's apartment several times. He opened the bathroom door with his free hand, keeping his body balanced while supporting Yibo. He realized that Yibo's body was quite light considering his tall, well built body, though it was still smaller than him.

Yibo's bathroom is quite minimalistic, there is only a bathtub, a western closet, a sink and a shower with a room size of about 12 square meters. Not too big nor too small.

Zhan slowly placed Yibo on the closet. While he obeyed without speaking.

"Sit here. I will bring the plastic bag first" Zhan went out of the bathroom.

Yibo decided to do the big business first, as it will be very awkward to ask Zhan's help for that. However, due to the slippery closet seat, Yibo slipped making a loud thud.

Zhan who just reached the bathroom door, saw Yibo's feat.

"Gosh Bo-di. I I just asked you to sit quietly, and you couldn't do that for a minute!!" Zhan nagged as he lifted Yibo back to sit on the closet carefully. Yibo was speechless at his nagging.

"Does it hurt anywhere?"

Zhan asked examining Yibo's hands and feet. Then he looked into Yibo's face, his hand was about to reach Yibo's face, but he immediately pulled it back.

"Next time let others help you, don't do it yourself if you can't do it" Zhan said gently, while wrapping Yibo's feet in a plastic bag.

After he finished wrapping Yibo's aching legs, they remained silent for quite a while. Zhan stared at Yibo with a sad look. He felt so sorry for everything that happened that made this situation awkward and made them behave like strangers.

"Bo-di. Firstly I apologize about yesterday's incident. I was completely out of my mind, to do something like that to you. Please forgive Zhan-ge. I want our relationship to get better without feeling awkward with each other"

Yibo just hummed. Zhan knew him too well to understand that he meant he already forgave him.

"Really?" Zhan asked to confirm again.

"Yes." Yibo said curtly in a cold tone.

"Yess!!!" Zhan almost cheered because Yibo forgave him, but seeing Yibo, who was staring at him coldly, he just laughed awkwardly.

"Come on, take off your clothes. Or shall I do that for you?" Zhan approached Yibo. To his surprise, he quietly raised his hands as he didn't dare to fall again.

Zhan gaped at the sight after he removed the shirt. Clean milky skin, so smooth without any blemishes, was what he expected. But contrary to that, what he saw was pale skin with several brownish scars that adorn the chest and back of Yibo. On his upper back, there is an X-shaped sign that looks bulged. It looks like the mark was made using hot iron pressed directly into the skin.

Zhan was somehow very curious about the reason why all the wounds and marks could be on Yibo's body, considering that it was impossible to get scars like that because of military training. Unconsciously, Zhan's hand moved closer to the scar, intending to touch it. However, Yibo immediately restrained him and glared at him.

"Ah.. I'm sorry.."  Zhan hit his own head with his free hand while Yibo held one hand.

"Come on. Sit in the bathtub so you can hang your legs out." Zhan led Yibo to the bathtub. Both of them stared at the bathtub silently, the edge of the bathtub was quite high, that Yibo would definitely fall if he tried to sit in it keeping his legs out.

Yibo gazed at the bathtub and Zhan ge linking his eyebrows. Zhan who saw it immediately smiled.

"Let me carry you." Zhan streched his hands asking permission. Yibo seemed to think for a moment, but then nodded.

Zhan put his one hand behind Yibo's knee and one below his arm, then raised him in a bridal style. Yibo just wrapped his arms around Zhan's neck awkwardly.

Zhan arranged Yibo's injured leg carefully, not to be exposed to water even though it has been wrapped in plastic bags.

"Wah.. Finally it's done.."

Bathing activities began.

Yibo did things he could do himself like lathering the parts he could reach, while Xiao Zhan gently rubbed Yibo's back using a sponge.
( Huff.. Why didn't he injure his hand! 😩 )

"Bo-di, may I ask you something?"

Xiao Zhan was really curious where Yibo could get the wounds and marks on his back and chest.

"Hm"

Yibo nodded while playing some foam in front of him. Zhan somehow felt amused about Yibo's behavior.

"Where did you get this sign and wounds?" Zhan asked as he continued to rub, reaching Yibo's neck.

Yibo remained silent for a moment and stared at the water in front of him. Then he continued to play with the foam again.

"I don't remember." Yibo murmured.

Zhan felt a little disappointed because Yibo seemed to be hiding something from him. If it's like this, surely this is a personal matter that should not be told to just anyone. It seems like Yibo deliberately remained silent because he did not want to remember his past, when he got the wounds and marks.

Zhan did not continue to ask questions or start another conversation after that.

"Did it disappear?"

"Uhh..?"

"My back.. you are rubbing it since a long time" Yibo said in a serious tone.

"Ah.. Ha.. Ah.. No.. It's clean now.." Zhan slapped his back awkwardly.

Yibo turned his head and glared at him.
Then he moved his finger pointing himself up and down, then towards Zhan and out.

Zhan understood that Yibo wanted him to help him get out of the tub. He immediately tried to lift Yibo, but due to his improper position and being too hasty, his front part fell into the bathtub. His face got wet with some foam stuck to his face. He closed his eyes tightly so that the soap won't enter his eyes.

Yibo who saw him in such a funny position, bursted out laughing while holding his stomach. He almost had tears at the corner of his eyes because of Zhan's feat.

Zhan immediately wiped his eyes roughly removing soap and water when he heard the laugh. Yibo laughing freely like that was something he had never seen before. It is a rare moment for him that he did not mind a spec of foam in his eyes.

Yibo finally stopped laughing after realizing Zhan was looking at him with red eyes.

Yibo cleared his throat and a second later his face returned flat as usual.

"Be careful" Yibo said quietly.

"It's okay. If I didn't fall down, maybe I would never see you laughing. It really feels nice to see you like that." Zhan said with a smile,rubbing his eyes. Then he raised Yibo with more caution and placed him on the closet.

Zhan took the shower head and turned it on. He carefully cleaned Yibo's body, washing of the remnants of soap.

Yibo suddenly pulled Zhan by his nape, making him stare at a few inches distance between their faces. He looked into his eyes and slowly took the shower head from his hands. He gathered some water in his palm and cleaned Zhan's eyes which were red from the foam before.

Once finished, Zhan immediately stood straight and nodded with a smile. Yibo began to shiver with cold.

"Zhan-ge" He called suddenly.

"Yes?"

"Help me change clothes"

"..."

Among many thoughts, about how he should or should not help the younger man change his clothes, he doesn't want to see a body that is not his.
( Ohhkayy.. Monkey has some ethics.. ah!! 😏 )

But,he finally decided to do it to fulfil his promise to Ms. Zhuo Xuan, who requested him so much.

So he covered his eyes with Yibo's tie and supported his body holding hands and waist as and when necessary while the younger man wears the clothes on his own.
( Uh.. Uhh.. I take that back 🤐 )

They both came out of the bathroom after half an hour of struggling.
( With clothes, of course 😗😗 )

Zhan supported Yibo and made him sit on the blue sofa. Zhuo Xuan fell asleep, waiting for them to come out of the bathroom.

"Ms. Zhuo Xuan," Zhan shook her body slowly. The girl woke up when she felt someone shake her body and open her eyes slowly.

"My job is done." He smiled.

"Ah. Mr. Xiao Zhan, I'm sorry I slept"

Zhuo Xuan fixed her slightly messy hair then smiled at Yibo who had finished bathing and even changed clothes.

"Sweet and handsome"

Zhuo Xuan pinched Yibo's cheek with exasperation, while he grabbed her hand to stop doing it.

Zhan cleared his throat reminding the two that he was still in the room.

"Ah.. I'm sorry." Zhuo Xuan smiled awkwardly.

"Thank you for helping me and sorry for troubling you at this early hour, Mr. Xiao Zhan."

"You're welcome. Then I'll excuse myself."

For some reason, Zhan really wanted to get out of this room immediately.

"Mr. Xiao Zhan, will you go to the office today?" Zhuo Xuan asked when Zhan reached the door handle.

"Yes. Do I have to help you again?" Zhan with a smile decorating his face.

"Then sir, I want to bid a ride. I want to take some things to your office"

Zhan remained silent for a few moments. Then he smiled again.

"Fine. Then I'll excuse myself for now."

°

"Hey, isn't she Yibo's girlfriend!! Why is she here?" Paul Yu asked Zhan who came along with Zhuo Xuan.

She brought several packages of food and drinks to the East Division office, thanking them for helping Yibo. Some members of the Eastern division looked pleased with the arrival of Zhuo Xuan. And the others tried to ignore her. Because they thought this is quite excessive and she doesn't need to do it, as this is their duty after all.

"Miss, I think this is too much. It's our duty to keep our members safe. We just did our job" Zoey Meng voiced out finally.

She was the only one who dared to point out Zhuo Xuan's overbearing attitude.

"It's okay, Jie. In the future, please help me to be able to guide and guard my Yibo." Zhuo Xuan said while holding Zoey Meng's hand. While Zoey Meng just smiled at that.

While on the other hand some members were talking about Zhuo Xuan's attitude.

"Isn't she too much? And what did he say earlier? Guard my Yibo??"  Paul Yu shook his head.

"Maybe he has forgotten our work, too bad!!" Guo Cheng shrugged.

Paul Yu and Guo Cheng just stared at each other.

"What do you mean?" Zhan asked.

His friends gave him a strange look.

"We mean, it is very unfortunate to have such a sweetheart, considering what we are doing, Zhan-ge" Fan Xing said smiling.

"Hah??"  Zhan looked confused.

"Because if something bad happens to us, their world will fall apart" Zhuo Cheng said, suddenly appearing from behind Zhan.

"Don't ask anymore questions. I have too much work. Today Yibo is not working, so we must complete the task that Yibo is working on, so that we can immediately conduct further investigations." Zhuo Cheng said quickly when Zhan was about to open his mouth.

"Aye aye captain"

The other three members cheered except Zhan. He seemed to be thinking deeply, with his forehead furrowed and eyebrows linked.

"Cheng-ge. I'll be back in a moment."

Zhan said in a hurry when he saw Zhuo Xuan leaving the office.

"OK. Don't take too long." Zhuo Cheng nodded.

"Aye aye captain" Zhan saluted and then he ran after Zhuo Xuan.

While the four members including Zhuo Cheng only stare at Zhan's departure while shaking their head.

"Can I laugh?" Guo Cheng raised his hand.

"They are either too stupid or not aware. It is very vague difference" Paul Yu shook his head.

"Yes. I am very sad to see Zhan-ge heated up." Fan Xing said in a worry tone.

"Let them do it. We don't have to interfere" Zhuo Cheng shrugged his shoulders.

The four of them looked at each other. Then they laughed for a few moments and continued their work when the other colleagues gave them a sharp look.

°

Yibo's fiancee.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1M 43.2K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
831K 38.4K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
131K 4.8K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc