Random BGKCSTORIES {Complete}

Από bgkcstories

Enjoy these short stories that helped me out of my writer's block! 🥰 Published: 2019 Edited: 2024 Περισσότερα

All of this over some food
Homecoming
Like Mother, like daughter
Power Couple
Beach Peach
Beach Peach Part II
Destiny's Naughty Child
Destiny's Naughty Child Part II
Times Two
Fighters
Ying & Yang
World Star
Houston Hotties.

She is the Golden Globes.

956 37 5
Από bgkcstories

*This story is based on the 2020 Golden Globes award show.*

"How straight does your hair need to be?" Jay walks over to his wife impatiently.

She always took forever to get ready. Even for a simple date night, it never failed. It made no difference if she started her glam an hour or two hours early. Still late.

"Boy, if you don't move before Neal burns my scalp..." Bey swats him away. He was watching Neal, giving him a friendly side-eye to tell him to speed it up.

"I'm just saying... we're already late," Jay shrugged.

"Fashionably late!" Bey corrected him." Besides... I'd rather stay home with my babies," she pouted.

"You do this every time. It's only a couple of hours!" Jay said.

It was another 30 minutes of waiting for Bey, and finally, she was dressed and ready to leave.

"Ohhh, I like that!" Jay spoke with his heavy Brooklyn accent as he eyed his wife. He always compliments her, but it never gets old. Each time made her blush, and this time was no different.

"Thanks, babe!" Bey chuckled.

On their way to the venue, Jay noticed his wife's silence. He could tell that she was anxious.

"You good Bey?" Jay asked while grabbing her hand.

"I'm not winning a damn thing," Bey said to herself as she looked out the window.

A part of her was so excited about winning her first Golden Globe. She mentally rehearsed her acceptance speech. That quickly disappeared during the car ride when she reminded herself of how she's been constantly snubbed from these predominantly white award shows, especially in non-urban categories.

"I'm fine!" She lied to her husband. Bey would remain silent for the rest of their journey. Jay decided not to probe her.

They finally arrived, making them officially an hour late. Yvette was standing in the doorway with her black dress on.

Julius opened the door for the couple. Bey watched Jay hand him two bottles of Ace of Spade that he must've snuck in the escalade.

"No, you didn't!" Bey grinned at the two men.

"I'm drinking my shit, not theirs!" Jay replied. The three of them all started laughing as they began to walk into the building.

This helped change Bey's mood. She went from feeling sorry for herself to feeling sorry for them because she no longer gave two fucks.

"Hey, you'll!" Yvette greeted the couple.

"Hey!" Both Jay and Bey hugged her.

"We're going to follow him!" Yvette pointed to the tall white man beside her, ready to escort them.

They maneuvered through the crowd until they were stopped by security.

"They can't sit until the next commercial break!" The guy told Yvette. "You can stand here, and I'll make sure you get to your seat," he assured Bey and Jay.

Bey was mad that she had to stand there while everyone snapped pictures and looked their way. That's what she gets for arriving late. Nevertheless, she and Jay stood there looking like royalty while Julius was off to the side, holding the bottles behind his back. Jay and Julius made eye contact, chuckling at each other.

The cameraman spotted the couple during the acceptance speech of American actress Kate McKinnon. He walked up to point the camera in their face.

This was the first time the viewers saw the billionaires, causing havoc on social media.

Beyoncé? Beyoncé? Beyoncé?

Bey was the fastest trending celebrity from the star-studded night in no time, and it was just over a quick appearance.

"Finally...Hello everybody!" Bey and Jay were ushered to their seat at the table. They were sitting next to Ellen and her wife, Portia de Rossi.

Jay couldn't help but look around to see only a few people of color sprinkled in the mix. It didn't intimidate him or his wife because they'd been in places like this before, but it did make him shake his head. The last awards show he and his wife attended was the NAACP Image Awards, where they were both honored.

They conversed with the people at their table and did their best to make the most of the night. Bey would lose in the two categories she was nominated in, but she genuinely was not phased despite the mental feud she had with herself in the car.

She was graceful in her loss and not bitter. She let her woke fans online speak to the institutional racism and sexism she's endured. Bey was so proud of her work for The Lion King, and the opportunity humbled her.

The fact is, Beyoncé is the Golden Globes. Everything she touches turns golden. She's filled with richness in all of her glory. She's valuable to the industry and to black culture. Pure gold doesn't melt; no matter how hard people try to burn her, she elevates herself and reaches higher levels. Her longevity is her evidence. She is a globe... meaning she created a world and standard for black female entertainers. Her globe is often imitated, but it will never be duplicated. Look at the material.

She is the Golden Globes. ✨

The end.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

80K 2.9K 26
{JAYONCÉ FAN-FICTION} A student's attraction for his professor, Beyoncé Knowles turns into a deep love that unexpectedly ties them together forever. ...
10.6K 409 11
A collection of short beynika stories :)