Back to back

By Golden_L_M

"So, Jungkook, do you still have my back?" A story about two idols, who are incredibly dedicated to their car... More

The Beginning
Into you
Eyes on her
Intoxicated
Friendzoned
I like you
Snow kiss
Right thing
Not words, actions
Dreams
I love you
I should have told you
I missed you
Starry night
I must protect her
First heartbreak
Hopeless
Emptiness
Easier said than done
Can't let go
Kiss the pain away
The next morning
Over before it even started
I'm sorry
Loneliness
Question
Jealous
Promise
What have I done?
Question
One last chance
Date
⚠️ Bold
Mine
Dispatch
I would choose you
Together
Completed

Hard to catch

2.6K 69 2
By Golden_L_M

She looked so cute while trying to get that big plant off the ground. If we weren't surrounded by hundreds of paparazzi and thousands of fans, I wouldn't think twice before jumping to help her but the circumstances were unfavourable to us, to me.
I looked at her from time to time (okay, I looked at her all the time so Jhope, who was sitting right next to me, had to nudge me several times), trying to catch her gaze but it seemed like she could only look forward. 
Her gaze never met mine that night even and even though I made a whole plan how I'll get to her, it failed miserably. After SBS GDA I became dicouraged. I mean I stole one of her glances but it wasn't enough! I was greedy! I wanted to meet her, like really meet her and I couldn't wait any longer. People could call me anything but they could never call me a quiter. 

"Hello? Bambam? How have you been mate?"

"Oh, Jungkook, hello! I'm good, how about you?" He asked but I hesistated with my answear since he lost my concentration. Namely I could hear Bigbang's fxxt it in the background and a laugh that seemed familiar.

"I'm good. Are you outside, could we meet?" I asked carefully.

"Actually, I'm out with Jackson, Momo and Lisa," he answered.

"Which Lisa?" I asked just to make sure we were thinking about the same person. At the same time I realized that I shouldn't have really asked that straightforward because it would seem strange, wouldn't it, but Bambam wasn't surprised by my question.

"The Blackpink Lisa, Jungkook! For God's sake, they are like the hottest girl group at the moment ( I heard him say sorry to Momo) and you don't know which Lisa? I don't know man, get your priorities sorted!"

"Yah! Bambam, stop! You are making me uncomfortable!" I heard girl's voice. It surly belonged to Lisa, since I knew how Momo sounded and besides, it felt like she was drunk.

"It's okay, it's just Jungkook," Bambam tried to calm her down. "I have to hang out now man. You already made me pay for the dinner since we played that game "who touches their phone will be the one paying", so see ya..." he wanted to hang down but I stopped him: "Where are you?"

"You wanna come, I mean I would have invited you but I thought the almighty Jungkook doesn't have time," he said.

"Don't lie, you just said I was "just Jungkook", tell me where are you," I said and rolled my eyes. 

He hesitated at first but told me an address at the end and you can bet that I ran there as fast as I could. I couldn't risk that she leaves before I reach them.
 I stopped when I finally reached my destination and even though I tried to keep in shape, this was just too much running after the big dinner Jin hyung prepared for us. I took one last breath before stepping in and I noticed them immediately in the corner of busy bar. 
They were laughing and I could see Jackson grilling the meat, Momo was covering her mouth from laughter (I guess Bambam was telling them one of his stupid jokes) but no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't spot her. The person I came for. 

"Hey, man! Here!" Bambam called me. It took him long enough to notice me, I rolled my eyes again. I didn't know why but I was way too sensitive lately and I keep rolling my eyes at literaly everything.

"Hello," I said and took a seat beside Bambam. They all greeted me back and right after that Bambam spoke again: "You seemed so lively when you told me that you are coming, but you seem a bit down man, is it because Lisa isn't here?" I looked him streight into eyes. How could he know?

"Aye, don't worry, I won't tell her that you like her that much that you choose to run all the way here just to see her," he said and slapped my back.

"Could you be more silent? You are obviously telling that to everyone in this bar Bambam, you are too loud," I hissed.

"Sorry, sorry," he said and proceeded to eat the meat Jackson grilled. The three of them seemed totally wasted.

"So, em...when did she leave?" I asked carefully.

"Oh, she didn't leave, look, there she goes," Bambam said and pointed at Lisa who was coming our way. She must have been in the toilet. She stumbled a little but she was nevertheless gorgeous. She had a basic black top and jeans on paired with some timberlands but she looked like she was on the runway. 

She took a seat beside Jackson as if I wasn't there, as if I was a ghoast. 

"Ya, Lalisa Manoban! How do you treat our guest here?!" Bambam yelled at her. 

She lifted her gaze and looked me streight into eyes. She seemed wasted just as the other three. Her big eyes were clouded, her lips red like a freshly picked cherry and her skin spotless. She blinked slowly and greeted me in thai way. 

"Hello, I'm sorry I didn't see you," she said slowly never looking at me.

"Don't worry, Jungkook won't be too hurt, right Jungkook?" Jackson teased.

"What Jungkook? You mean BTS's Jungkook?" she looked at Jackson.

"Yes, Lalisa, I mean I know we are drunk but he's sitting in front of you," Momo answered instead. 

She was now blinking fast as if she tried to get her senses back together. When she finally chose to turn and look at me, she seemed scared as a skittish kitten.

"I'm very sorry, sunbaenim," she said and lowered her head. 

I couldn't say anything. I was just looking at her and I came back to reality when Bambam's hand tried to close my mouth. He nudged me to say something. 

"It's okay, Lisa. I understand," I said and smiled at her shy yet such a cute face. I could see how hard she was blushing and it made my heart skip a beat. She was indeed beautiful. Like...like a doll. 

Not long after that the happy atmosphere was brought back by one of Jackson's funny stories to which we all laughed. I had so much fun just being near her. She was such a sunshine and I was happy that she wasn't just one of those girl idols who were stunning beautiful but had no character. 
She had a personality and that could be seen through the way she was sitting, talking, laughing, through her hand gestures and most importantly through her eyes. They were sparkling and I found myself falling for her over and over again in that one night. 

Time was never in my favour as well as the situation, but I had to make sure that before we parted ways, I had Lisa's phone number. How would I get it? Well, when we stepped out of the bar it was freezing cold, it was winter after all. She seemed like she will turn into ice statue before her manager gets to get her, so I took off my jacket and put it around her shoulders. 

"Thank you, sunbaenim," she said and bowed.

"It's nothing and please call me Jungkook, we are friends, now aren't we?"

"We are?" her voice sounded as if what she was hearing was impossible to happen.

"Yes, we are. Bambam's friends are my friends too," I said and smiled widely.

"He really has that bunny smile," she said to herself but I could hear her even though she must have thought that I couldn't.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Nothing, thank you for the jacket once again, but how will I return it to you?" she asked, looking me in the eyes.

"Well, you could give me...," but before I finished my sentence her manager arrival interrupted me.

"Oh, he's here! Thank you once again for the jacket, I'll be just fine now," she said and gave me my jacket back. Before leaving, she bowed respectively and waved my way. 

I looked as the van disappeared in the end of the road. I was left all alone since Bambam, Jackson and Momo left earlier than Lisa's manager arrived. I smiled at myself. 

I thought I would succeed today, but it seemed like Lisa was hard to catch and as competitive as I was, I haven't thought of backing off even for a second. I will make her mine. I promised that to myself. In my bones it felt like we were destinated to be and since I never let my instinct down, I decided to listen to it once again. 

*********

Update is here! Special thanks to parkli23 and superbubblyhead for upvoting. 

I hope you like an update and thank you for reading :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 359 20
《A Liskook Fanfiction》 "It's either you take it or leave it" Lalisa Manoban & Jeon Jungkook experience the stage of life where it's hard to decide. ...
12.9K 467 30
Lisa is a bunch of insecurities that she's not aware of, she just think she's stupid. It was pretty easy for her to know the rest of her classmates...
514 49 2
- liskook short story - Thank you for loving me to an unattainable extent, to an impossible place, to nowhere, Jeon Jungkook. Sincerely, Lalisa.
436K 17.9K 62
Lalisa Manoban, cousin of Bambam, transferred to a famous arts school in Seoul, Korea to chase after her dreams and that is to become an aspiring lan...