"honesty and grace" (Mezo Sho...

By leviehnrd

{{UNDERGOING RE-EDITING}} [This book contains: •Strong language •Fluff so sweet it'll rot your teeth •Gore •S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
[After Story - 1]
[After Story - 2]
[After Story - 3]
[After Story - 4]
[After Story - 5]
[After Story - 6]
[After Story - 7]
[After Story - 8]
[After Story - 9]
[After Story - 10]

Chapter 18

3.5K 198 94
By leviehnrd

The men bring you into a smaller room, presumably a study, near the entrance of the dorm building. Mr. Aizawa attempts to follow along, though the scrawny man in the baggy suit puts his hand up, signaling that he didn't want the teacher in the room. All the black-haired man could do was nod and look at you for a moment, before turning to address his students and closing the door to the study. The police officers sat you down at a desk chair on one side of a circular table, where they sat and stood at the other.

"(F/n), we were informed that you were here and decided to do your weekly check up a little earlier than usual. Is that alright?" Asks the smaller of the two officers as he adjusts his hat. He had taken a seat across from you, looking into your eyes with a warm and kind expression. Silently, you nodded, curious as to how they found out you were at the dorms. You figured that Aizawa must have told them.

As they began to ask you numerous questions that you've answered several times before, you continued to find your gaze lingering towards the man in the baggy suit. He had not disclosed his name, though he looked familiar. In a way, he resembled All Might. People say that, on TV, they saw the number one hero fall from being a large and burly man, to having nothing but the build of an elderly grandparent. Though, surely, you didn't assume that this man in front of you could've been the former number one hero.

The taller and more built officer turned to the man and gave a smile. "By the way, this is-" You knew the end of the sentence, though the yellow haired man finished it for him.

"All Might." He gives you a warm smile, his voice taking you by surprise. You didn't think his voice would change as much as it did. "You've already met me in my muscle form, but not like this. I know it might be shocking if you didn't keep a close eye on the news last month."

You gave him a nod, biting the inside of your cheek. "Why are you here?" The query wasn't asked in the same tone that you had kept while answering questions. It was more curious, less timid and shy.

One of the police officers slapped a file on the table, startling you a little bit. All Might seemed to give him a quick glare, as if he was irritated. "In this file are all the details about you that we could gather years ago. Along with information about your mother, your father's info is in here, too." His expression is serious, causing you to swallow hard. "A lot of things have changed about you, and we were wondering if you wanted to change anything." He slid the file closer to you.

It was packed full of information like he had said. Pictures, facts, mugshots, reports, and official documents lay across the table as you start to pick apart the papers. There were things in the yellow folder about your father that you had forgotten about, but it was all things that you knew. "This all seems right." You mumble, giving a quick glance at a stack of papers that you hadn't even touched.

"You need to look at your papers in order to change things." All Might smiles at you, grabbing the stack of papers and looking at them. "There is one thing that I was hoping you could fill in, something that Aizawa informed me of." Some of the papers flipped upwards as he rummaged through them, grabbing a yellow paper and giving it to you. It was a fact sheet based on your quirk, and all of the questions were blank.

From behind you, you could hear the door open. "I don't have a quirk." You say blankly with a small, fake smile on your face.

"Lying doesn't do you much good, (F/n)." It was the familiar sound of Aizawa's voice, though it seemed a little muffled. As you turn to look behind yourself, you watch as the police officers nod and leave the room, both of them seeming a little startled at the teacher's sudden presence. "I informed All Might, along with some of the authorities that look after you, of what you told me earlier this morning." He sounds bored, and the scarf around his neck seems to move a bit.

A small white figure in a blue suit pops out from next to Aizawa's head, jumping to the ground with a sophisticated laugh. It was the school's principal, Nedzu. "I was also informed!" He shouts, his voice comically high. He wore a very nice suit, though bright orange sneakers seemed to disclose his personality quite well. It was almost humorous, but you knew better than to laugh.

Your heart began to race as you turned to All Might, who began to speak. "This must all be very overwhelming for you, we understand that-"

A sudden burst of anger passed through you as you slammed your hand down on the table, causing it to shake and creak. "Why do you people care so much about my quirk? I'm not a UA student, I'm nothing special, and I haven't used it for almost eleven years. That's all I got for you." Nedzu seemed to be the only one not surprised by your sudden burst of rage.

"It's quite understandable that you are weary of your power, but as teachers and heroes, seeing someone in your situation hurts us." Says the mouse, walking over to a chair. All Might helped him into it. From where he stood, his face was just at the right height to look over the table at you. "Aizawa informed us of the living conditions that you've been dealing with for months. When he told us who you were, we wanted to meet you for ourselves."

All Might nodded and gave you a warm smile. "We know what you've been through, and to see a child not use such a powerful strength because of their past is terrible. It is our job as heroes to push kids like you to be their greatest, and we want the same for you. It may be overwhelming, but we were wondering if you could fill out that sheet and show us what you're capable of." He had raised a finger at this point, a small and cocky grin on his face.

The three men look at you in anticipation, their stares making you nervous. Your heart was beating faster than it ever had. All of the information they had just laid on you was heavy on your mind, making your breathing quicken. Without much thought, you stood, choking back a familiar lump in your throat. "You people don't understand. It's not my quirk." You felt your arms shaking, your muscles tensing. "It's his quirk. I want absolutely nothing to do with it. If I could have it removed, I would!" You raise your tone, taking a second to realize the volume of your voice.

Aizawa crossed his arms and looked at you, his face stern and curious. "I don't understand kids like you." He says, gaining the attention of the other two men in the room. You sat back down and avoided his gaze, feeling ashamed of yourself for having such an outburst. "You explained to me how your quirk works and that it is similar to your fathers. I understand that it may be painful to be reminded of such a horrible man while you try to do right in this world, but what I don't get is why you wouldn't use it at all. There are kids without quirks living lives just as hard as your's, if not harder. You could become something great, but yet you chose not to. Why?"

At this point, you just wanted to go home. Being alone wasn't ideal, but it was a whole lot better than this. Your mind was flooded with nonsense and twisted thoughts so much so that you nearly missed Aizawa's question. "I don't know." The tone of your voice was quiet, and you felt as though they couldn't even hear you.

There was a chuckle from the skinny man across the table. "Please, at least consider trying to show us your capabilities. If you choose not to, we can't force anything out of you, and we just want to help." His voice is calm, and it seems to put you at ease.

The tension in the air was gone as soon as it had come, allowing you to breathe easy now. "I'm sorry for raising my voice. I didn't mean any disrespect, I guess I just have a lot of pent up emotions." A small laugh escapes you before you look up at the three men. All Might gives you a weak smile. Aizawa and Nedzu exchange glances towards one another for a moment.

"It's alright, we understand. Now, please exit the room, I would like to have a word with these two." Nedzu says with a smile. You give him a nod and stand, ready to follow his instructions.

With a quick glance behind you, you grab the yellow sheet, holding it in front of you as you walk out of the small study. There was a front and back to the paper, asking questions about how your quirk works, how old you were when you discovered it, if you had injured anyone with it; the whole thing just seemed so formal. Of course, all of the questions were answerable, and you kind of wanted to fill it out now just for the hell of it.

"Oh, my God, we were worried about you!" Called Mina, running over to you. She startled you, taking you by surprise. With a quick hand motion, the paper was folded and in the pocket of your sweatpants. "We thought you were getting arrested." She huffed.

You laugh and walk into the common room, putting your hands up with a small smile. "No, nothing like that. The police just come over to check up on me every Saturday. They came earlier this time because the police station is closer to the dorms than it is to my apartment."

There were only a few kids on the couch, Shoji being one of them. Noticing that there was an open spot next to him, you quickly take a seat. The side closest to you consists of a smiling mouth and two resting hands. You give him a smile back, your eyes closing and teeth flashing.

The room was quiet for a moment before Mina spoke to the remainder of the kids. "Well, does anyone want to watch anything? If not, I'm turning on a horror movie." She gives a comically creepy grin. Tokoyami seems to perk up at the sound of her suggestion. A small murmur passes over the group, no one objecting Mina's idea.

Her excitement is apparent as she runs to a small shelf by the television, looking through the movies. She seems as though she hadn't thought about which one to watch. From beside you, Shoji stands and walks over to the shelf. The pink girl looks up at him as he reaches for a higher shelf, pulling off a familiar movie case. "(F/n) and I watched this movie, and it's quite horrifying." He says, handing it to her.

"Thanks!" Her smile is bright, though Shoji doesn't pay much mind to it. He only gives Mina a quick nod before walking back over to his spot on the couch.

Tokoyami stands and switches off all the lights, causing the mood to quickly darken. "I'll get snacks from the kitchen. Does anyone want anything?" Tsu asks the small group, everyone kind of tells her a nonspecific snack. Kirishima leaves with her to lend a hand in getting bowls and popcorn made while Mina sets up the movie.

After a few moments, they come in with four bowls of popcorn. Mina takes one, sitting down in between Tsu and Kirishima on the couch. Kaminari rests against the arm of the couch on the other side of his red-haired friend. On the other side of you sits Tokoyami and Sero, both of them chatting quietly as the opening of The Conjuring plays, Sero holding the popcorn bowl in his arms as if it were a child. On the floor, Izuku and Ochaco seem to be practically crying to each other on the topic of it being a horror movie, not paying any mind to the two bowls that were set on the table in front of them.

You, however, were perfectly content. Not only were you watching this movie with a group of people that meant a lot to you, but there was a rush that kept passing through your heart. As the movie began to play, you nonchalantly rested yourself against the tall boy next to you. His gaze looked down to you for a moment before looking back up at the television screen. Unbeknownst to you, behind his pale blue mask, lay a genuine and loving smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.1K 46
katsuki bakugo has been desperately in love with his best friend y/n Aizawa since the young age of four but is too terrified to tell her in fear of r...
227K 5.1K 66
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
43.8K 913 18
❝ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴜꜱᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴋɪᴅ!❞ ❝ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ...❞ You are 𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧. She is a quiet girl who was homeschooled, abused, and i...
35.8K 960 17
Y/N is the newest exchange student coming for some summer classes at UA and boy is she fired up! Ready for new horizons and friends,she isn't exactly...