The Trouble Next Door (Book #...

By nevergoingtofindme

(Book #3 of the mafia series) Sierra is now 21 years old and in her last year of collage She lives in this... More

Authors Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch.12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch.18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch.26
Ch. 27
Ch.28
Ch.29
Ch. 30
Ch.31
Ch.32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch.39
Ch. 40
Ch.41
Ch.42
Ch.43
Ch.44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch.47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch.50

Ch. 8

3.3K 149 21
By nevergoingtofindme

Sierras POV

(Friday)

"That will be all for today, your dismissed" The teacher says and I start to stuff my computer inside my bag.

"You okay? You seem tired" Jorge ask and I just glare at both him and Manny.

"Well if it were for you guys then maybe I would have slept better rather the taking care of all of you guys" I say still glaring at them.

"it wasn't that bad" Manny scoffs and I just look at him black and blue eye.

"I'm done" I say rolling my eyes and leaving.

Let me recap for you guys.

Stephen threw another party after they won one of their games. The other team ended up crashing the party which ended up in a fight. Nine of them wanted to go to a hospital so they all ended up showing up in my apartment.

At 3 in the fucking morning.

I leave the classroom and leave since it was the last class of the day.

I skip going to the cafe and make my way home.

I have 3 essays due tonight and have work at the underground.

I bet Angelina is going to give me an extra shift again.

Ughh

11:00pm

"Andddddddddd done!" I shout the last word and start jumping on the bed.

Finally finished with the essays!

Now time to get ready for work.

At the mention of getting ready I just let myself fall off the bed with a loud thud instantly regretting what I had done.

I let out a loud groan and help myself up and into my closet.

I get ready quickly and sprint all the may to my motorcycle since I'm most likely going to be a bit late.... again.

"You're late" I hear as soon as I reach my area.

I look down at my watch and read 12:01am

"By one minute" I say and Angela just glares at me.

"Extra shift tonight and I'll need to talk to you in my office before you go" She says before leaving.

Called it.

"Whisky" I hear a familiar voice say.

I look up only to see the one and only Rookie.

I serve him his whiskey and he just stays at the bar drinking it whole while looking at fight that's up right now.

"You did good on your first night, Rookie" I say drying off some shot glasses.

He doesn't say anything, just continues on looking at the fight.

"Sex on the beach. Now" I hear making me want to roll my eyes but I resist the urge to.

I start on the drink right away and serve it to the man quickly so he could leave.

When I look back at where the rookie was sitting he was no longer there.

Hmm maybe he went to set up for his match.

Tonight was slower then usual. It wasn't that exciting other then the Spaniards fighter being knocked out by the rookie.

I guess that was the only interesting part of the whole night.

Right now I'm just wrapping up my area so I could go home already.

"Angela wants you in her office" one of the security guards says already grabbing me by the arms and dragging me.

"I know how to walk" I say but the guard just chose to ignore me.

Finally we're in front of Angela's office and the guard just pushes me in before closing the door behind me.

Angela was sitting down behind her desk filling out some papers while I just decided to take a seat in the chairs she has for guest.

"I need to inform you of something important" Angela says not looking up from her papers.

"As we all know every year the Mafia Ball happens. This year the Italians are the host and they have decided to have it here. I was informed that you and many other will be...." Her words start to blur from there.

After a year of almost not fighting and mostly everyone forgetting about me I was hit with this.

I just look at her with no expression on my face knowing that I have not choice but to go.

"It's also a way for them to show off their new recruits" she says eyeing out from her window to the fight down below us.

"Its In 2 months. be here tomorrow by 10:00pm sharp, No excuses for you to be late from this day on understood?" She ask and I nod.

"I said understood" she repeats herself again.

"Understood" I say and she nods her head that the door.

"See you tomorrow, kid" she says and with that I leave.

After getting escorted out of the building on onto the alley I found myself at a cemetery.

I don't have my mask on anymore nor my red sweater. Instead I have on a blue hood and a black beanie on.

I am at where they buried my mother. My biological mother

"I figured out why you came to me that night" I say to myself as I start walking to her grave. "It was to remind me of your anniversary today, huh?"

"You left me there at a park in a cold, cold day to fend for myself. I could have been taken by human traffickers, drug dealers or a kind lady or man could have reported me to the authorities and I would have been put in the system. Either way you wouldn't have cared" I say tears building up and I try my best not to let them out as I stop in front her grave.

" Thea, my mom, saw me and decided to take me. Surprisingly enough she was married to dad can you believe that? She helped raised me after you left. She could have treated me badly but no, she treated me like I was her own. SOMETHING THAT YOU DIDN'T DO" I yell tears streaming down my face.

I just stay standing in front of her grave.

Maria Ferraro

The only words engraved in her tomb along with the year she was born and the year she died.

I hear a leave crunch making me snap my head sideways to see a tall familiar dark figure.

I squint my eyes to see who it is and I see the moons light reflecting Hayden standing there in a blue zip up sweater and joggers.

"What are you doing here?" I ask looking away from him to wipe the tears away.

Why does he always appear at times like these?

"Last time I checked the cemetery was open to the public" Hayden says sarcastically and I scoff at that.

"Better question is why are you here at 3 in the morning?" He ask.

"I asked first" I retract turning to look at him.

"Touché" he says but we just stay quiet.

"I.... I should get going now" I mutter out passing him by.

"Strange girl" I hear him mutter to himself but I didn't bother Turing back. The only thing I want to do is just get out of here.

Hayden's POV

"Strange girl" I mutter to myself as I see her almost run out of here.

I turn my head to the gravestone she was starring at so intently.

Maria Ferraro

Hmm

I read her date of birth along with her death day and just head to where I was going to originally.

After a couple of minutes I finally reach their stone.

Dakota King

London King

Ella King

David King

All died in the same day at the same time. I should have died with them if it I hadn't ran to the grocery store.

When I returned I found them all laying on their own pool of blood.

"It's been a while since I last visited you guys. I'm sorry, I promised that I would have visited but I was shipped off to Grandmas house" I say to them.

I look down at my bruised fist and I start to clench them as rage starts to fuel me.

I wouldn't have to be visiting my family to their gravestones if it weren't for them.

"I will find whoever did this to you guys. If it's the last thing I do" I say clenching my fist.

~~~~~~~
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209 11 41
*sequel of My Lover Next Door* At the age of 18 years old, Leni Kaulitz is forced to join the dangerous most well-known mafia in town. The Cobras. Sh...
3.3M 103K 63
𝐀𝐯𝐚 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 and her family of 5 recently moved continents after the tragic death of her beloved grandma to start afresh, once she starts a...
26 0 6
21-year-old Thea accidentally killed a man. Needing money and wanting to choose her prison, she accepts a fake girlfriend position for three rich you...
25.7K 652 46
ATTENTION PLEASE. If you want a more refined version of it, check my profile for the book Tattered Vengeance. Thank you. Seven brothers. Five Famili...