due date // s.m

By mendessi

what happens after a one night stand in toronto between two strangers? #2 in shawnmendes !!!!! More

intro
o canada
that night
maid of honor
the reunion
think about us
together
the first kick
bows or bowties?
the next move
the anonymous account
the first fight
forgive or forget me
the big move and the big goodbye
love me or leave me
things i say when you sleep
new year's day
kora
not the end
falyn
welcome home
brand new
jay
retaliate
sister schedule
grande helps
big deal
for you
republic
twenty one
the final show
begin again
under and under and under again
i don't think i love you anymore
guilt
the beginning of the end
when two worlds collide
the way out
mutual
addition
plus one (part 1)
plus one (part two)
my forever
thank you

one year later

3.2K 93 42
By mendessi

liked by daviddobrik, shawnmendes, arianagrande and 6,901,882 others

samaracavelli   boyfriend appreciation post

davidobrik   hey I love you

arianagrande   love u two

samarashade   this is so ugly of you how dare you

slutmara   we all know you hopped from shawn to david to leech of their fame even more

view all 200,828 comments

"David, are you almost ready?" I asked, peaking my head into the room. 

"Yeah, just about." He zipped up his suitcase, and then walked to the closet to grab his jacket. 

We were hopping on a flight to Toronto to drop Kora off with Shawn and then to Miami to visit my parents. David was nervous to say the least since 1. he had never met my parents and 2. he had never met Ariana.

"Is everyone coming?" I asked him as we made our way to load up the car to head to the airport. 

"Yeah, we're doing a campus visit in Toronto and in Miami, so the whole gang will be there." He said. He kissed my cheek and then shut the trunk.

We walked to Natalie's room where she was playing with Kora on the ground. David walked towards her and picked her up and tossed her in the air lightly. 

"Ready to go, princess?" He smiled and kissed her cheek. 

It made my heart absolutely swoon. 

"Do you want me to go with you?" David asked. 

"I'll be fine. Go get ready for your visit." I said as he leaned over to kiss me softly. "I'll see you after." 

"Dinner? Just us two?" 

"Really?" I said sarcastically, "Just us two? Are you sure that's possible?"

"Love you!" He yelled as he walked out the door. 

I got Kora ready, packed her a little bag and then we were on our way to Shawn's condo that we used to share.

I guess now is a good time to catch you up on what happened.

After our fight in Europe, I flew home to Toronto. I waited for him to send me that text that said this whole PR mess was over, that he finally stood up to Andrew. To my complete and utter disappointment he didn't.

He didn't even try.

Somehow, David was in Toronto again. We met up for lunch, I kind of spilled my feelings onto the table and explained how I was in the midst of finding somewhere to live. Whether it be in Toronto, back in Miami or wherever. I was stressed.

David suggested LA. Then somehow, I actually moved to LA. David and I literally hung out every day when Ariana wasn't in town because to be fair, I didn't know anyone. We started dating pretty quickly, which was shocking to everyone. 

I, of course, wanted to keep it under the radar because of the millions of people attacking me about Camila and Shawn. I should have known that wouldn't last. It got out that we were dating and since then the hate has been never ending. 

Which is fine, I guess. Maybe if I never started a music career this wouldn't really be an issue. 

Now, nearly a year of dating later, we were really happy and enjoying a healthy relationship. 

I opened the door with my key and looked around for any sign of Shawn. I couldn't find him so I called his name. 

Camila walked out of his bedroom with a smile on her face, "Hey, girl, what's up?" 

"Just dropping off Kora." I replied. "You?"

"We had a conference call with management. I'm heading out now." 

"All the way in Toronto?" I set Kora's carseat on the counter and began to unbuckle her. "Ready to see daddy?"

"It's complicated." She said. She walked over, squished Kora's cheeks and then left. Just like that.

"Samara, hey." Shawn said walking out of his room. 

"See your little stunt hasn't ended, yet." Was it petty for me to still be bitter? Kora was growing up with split parents because of him.

"It's complicated." Shawn replied, sighing. 

"So I've heard." I sighed and kissed Kora's cheek before handing her over to Shawn. He hadn't seen her in almost 4 months, yet again. 

It got less hard every time we met up so he could have Kora for a few months. Normal kids with split parents go on the weekends. Kora went for months. That' what I hated about all of this. I wanted Kora to have a normal life. This was far from normal. 

"Alrighty, bye mamas. I'll see you soon, I love you." I kissed Kora goodbye and headed for the door.

"Is it gonna be like this every time?" He asked as I reached for the door handle. 

"What more could you possibly want for me?" 

"For things to go back to normal? For us to go back to being.. best friends who have a baby?" He bounced Kora on his hip as he talked to me. 

"Shawn, you don't get it. How could you still not possibly get it after a year?" I laughed and turned back around, reaching for the door.

"I love you, Samara. I haven't stopped loving you." He raised his voice a little.

"You seem to love Andrew a little more." I laughed and walked out the door, leaving him standing there. 

It felt relieving to not be holding on to our relationship. I did for the longest time. Hoping that he would text me and we could go back to normal. It kept me from telling David that I loved him. 

I finally let go. And I finally let myself fall for David. 

Which kinda turned out to be a great idea. 

I was happy. I was incredibly happy and I was proud of myself for not holding grudges against people or things that hurt me.

"Honey, I'm homeeeeee." David came into the room with his camera up as I was laying in bed. 

"Hi," I smiled and looked up from my phone, "What are you filming for?" 

"You're pretty, that's all." He flopped down on the bed next to me and shut his camera off. "Ready for dinner?"

"Do we have to go out? Can we just Postmates something? I'm exhausted." 

"Yeah, anything's fine with me." He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest as I opened up the app on my phone. "If you want we can film a video for my second channel?"

"I'm down. What do you wanna do?" I scrolled the list of nearby restaurants, nothing really looking too appealing. 

"People have been begging for a couple's q&a type thing, we should do like a mukbang q&a." He said, taking my phone from me and scrolling through the restaurants. 

"You know I'm not a fan of the whole putting our relationship out there. It's bad enough as it is." I said.

"I know, but I really think you shouldn't care about what people think. People will say what they wanna say but we're happy. We should get to be happy however we want to be." 

I was hearing what he was saying, but it was still hard. I could breathe the wrong way and the next second there would be a headline with my name right next to Shawn's or David's or Camila's. It was exhausting to be honest. 

"If you really need some content, I'll do it with you." I rolled over so I was laying directly on top of him. 

"It?" He set my phone down and looked down at me.

"You know what I mean." I rolled my eyes. "The video." 

"I know exactly what you mean." 

"Should we make a little one of our own?" He rolled me over so he was on top of me now. 

"Absolutely not." I laughed and shook my head as he leaned down to kiss me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After setting up all the food nicely , he set up his camera to start filming. After going onto his Instagram story to ask his followers to send us questions for the video, we started filming. 

He did his intro, mentioned how SeatGeek was the sponsor, and he began scrolling through the questions. 

"When and where did you guys meet?" He read.

I began opening sauce for my fries and looked at him with a small smile, "We met at my twenty-first birthday party in Toronto." 

"What was your first impression of each other?" He began unwrapping his burger, setting his phone down. "I'll go first. So, Scotty actually was playing your music, then coincidentally, Shawn actually asked me to come to your party like the next day. When I met you, I thought your reaction was adorable. I thought you were super chill and extremely pretty and way too famous to be talking to me, but funny how things work out, huh?"

"I had been watching you for like ever, so to see you right in front of me face was really weird actually. Then when we were talking I was like, you're kind of exactly like your videos, but also kind of not at the same time? I don't know how to explain it. You thought I was too famous, I thought you were too famous." We were both laughing at this point. 

That's what I loved about our relationship. There was never a dull moment. I feel like with Shawn, there was always something going on that made it so hard. With David, it was perfect. 

I know no relationship is perfect, but ours literally was. 

I missed Shawn. I missed him so much don't get me wrong. He was my first love. I just got tired of putting in 100% of effort and getting 50% in return. Our relationship was exhausting at the end and he didn't try. I know he loved Kora and I know she was his world, he just had a hard time of acting like it when Andrew was around. 

"Why doesn't Samara do music anymore?" He said, "I like this question because I ask all the time."

"The industry really just isn't for me. I don't like having my name everywhere, I thought it'd be fun, but it sucks. Especially now, when everyone compares you to this or to that, I just don't like it. I personally can't handle it." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I keep telling her to suck it up, because people will say what they'll say, and she walks around singing all the time anyways, and writes all the time. I think she should get back out there because I'm in love with her voice." He leaned over and kissed my cheek, making me smile. 

"When are you and David gonna have kids?"

"Why do you always bring this up?" I laughed, "Is this a real question? Let me see." I reached for his phone and he pulled it away from, bursting into laughter.

"I bring it up?!" 

"Don't even act like you didn't just ask me an hour ago!" I faced the camera, both of our hands locked onto his phone, trying to get it, "He always asks this question. He wants a kid so bad, I literally keep telling him no." 

"Don't even act like-" he turned his voice high pitched to mock me, laughing even harder, "You've thought about it, don't pretend you don't."

"I literally cannot picture you with a kid." 

"But I'm great with Kora." 

"You are." I smiled and let go of his phone, giving up on the question. 

"Who said I love you first?" He asked. "You did."

"You're a liar. You said it first." I laughed as I rolled my eyes. 

"I said it first but only because you wouldn't say it, but I know you felt it, you were just scared." 

"That was an unnecessarily long sentence." I smiled and turned my head to kiss him, "But you're not wrong."

"I told you."

"You still said it first." 

After answering a million more questions, we cleaned up and he sat down to edit it to have it up within a few hours. Sometimes his editing schedule stressed me out and I wasn't even the one doing it. 

"I love you a lot, Sam." He said as we lay in bed.

"Yeah, I love you too." I said, looking up at him, "It's crazy how we got here." 

"I'm glad we did though. Not under the greatest circumstances, but it worked out." 

"Can we just check-"

"No. We're gonna wait til the morning. Don't let it stress you out."

I had been bothering him for the past 30 minutes to check the comments on our video he just posted, but he refused to let me. 

I heard my phone go off, so I rolled over to check it. Apparently, I had missed a million texts. 

momma: so excited to see you and David! just text me your flight info, ill pick you guys up! also, text me when you take off. 

dad: better hope I like this David guy

ari: in love with the new video that David just posted 

ari: love y'all both and I'm happy that you're both happy

"Hey, Ariana texted that she loves the video and she loves us."

"Shut the fuck up." He sat up and grabbed his camera, starting to record. "Samara just told me that Ariana fucking Grande texted her and said that she watched and loved the video. I'm so fucking confused- and that she- and that she loves me?"he moved his camera and zoomed in on the text on my phone and I couldn't stop laughing at how excited he was.

"She said she loves us, loser." 

"I heard me."

When he calmed down and finally lay back in bed, I finished reading my missed texts. The one that struck me the most, I felt my soul leave me body. 

Shawn: im getting really stressed about everything. im ready to talk. to really talk. I miss you. I need you in my life. that video fucked me up and I simply can't do it anymore.

so. lots to think about luv

a whole year and Shawn's pussy ass still aint said shit to Andrew

see yall in the next chapter

comment and vote yall know the drill

all the love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.8K 1.3K 45
Destiny Palmer...she seems like your normal teenage girl, but she's far from that. Now that's because she gets bullied, by some of the Magcon boys. A...
2.6K 50 26
After Natalie leaves the boys she meets Vanessa. The two seek out there life together to find themselves. What happens when Natalie meets Sean?How wi...
9.7K 103 22
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。. ! 𝙰𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍 ! 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚠𝚗 𝙼𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝙾𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚜 .。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.
53K 1K 32
after 5 years of breaking up they finally met in concert, both of them pretending that they're not knowing each other But in the end something happen...